Who's your Player of the Year

Bredbury Blue

My player of the Year contenders - Jamie Carragher

Mohamed Salah

A realistic candidate due to a goalscoring contribution which makes him the most prolific new recruit in Premier League history.

Kevin De Bruyne

The City playmaker has been truly outstanding, and I suspect there will be massive support from his peers to reward him. 

Harry Kane

One of my favourite modern footballers. Kane has again proved himself the complete striker. 

Sergio Aguero

We too often overlook Aguero. Yet again he has scored over 30 goals to ease City towards the title.

Ederson

The City goalkeeper has been the single biggest difference for the club this season compared to last, ensuring their defence is no longer untrustworthy.

Eden Hazard

I was torn between Hazard and Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino. I can’t leave Hazard out. He is too good.

KdB for me. For you?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, champers said:

Mo Salah for me, by the length of a hair on a horse's nostril, from KDB.

Good shout champers.

For most improved this season I'd think Son for us....really becoming a far more potent threat nowadays.

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

For most improved this season I'd think Son for us....really becoming a far more potent threat nowadays.

son is o.k. against the weaker opposition.such  as last nite..when faced against the big guns  .m.i.a. is his forte. back on topic. kane..daylight second

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

son is o.k. against the weaker opposition.such  as last nite..when faced against the big guns  .m.i.a. is his forte. back on topic. kane..daylight second

If he keeps up this improvement in delivery and execution he'll get there.

Kane vs KDB is difficult as their games are so different.

Kane or Salah is impossible to call imho.

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If he keeps up this improvement in delivery and execution he'll get there.

don.t hold your breath ^^^  son.s been around long enuff now. juventus in a few days time. see how he stacks up then

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Far too early for this....still a quarter of the season left, and the sharp end of Champions League!

That's the stupidity of the system. They are about to start casting the votes as they do the announcements in April.......before the season has even finished. Numpty's the lot of them

"PFA representatives deliver the ballot forms to the training ground of the 92 League clubs and 8 WSL clubs.

Amongst the instructions and procedures that a player is given is that they are not allowed to vote for a player that is at the same club as themselves. This applies for both the PFA Players' Player of the Year Award and also the PFA Young Player of the Year award. 

Another stipulation is that a player can only win an award if their club has taken part in the ballot, this ensures that all players from other clubs that have voted have a fair chance of winning an award. 

After a member has decided who they are voting for they must sign, fold and then give their envelope to the PFA representative who will seal the vote. The PFA use an independent company to count and verify the votes cast, and completed ballots are sent directly to Beever & Struthers Chartered Accountants. The individual winners for each category will be announced at the PFA Awards" (in April)

Seems wrong to me that players can't vote for any player regardless of whether they are in your own team or not (though of course a squad could all agree to vote for just one of their team mates which could unfairly affect the outcome).

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"PFA representatives deliver the ballot forms to the training ground of the 92 League clubs and 8 WSL clubs.

Amongst the instructions and procedures that a player is given is that they are not allowed to vote for a player that is at the same club as themselves. This applies for both the PFA Players' Player of the Year Award and also the PFA Young Player of the Year award. 

Another stipulation is that a player can only win an award if their club has taken part in the ballot, this ensures that all players from other clubs that have voted have a fair chance of winning an award. 

After a member has decided who they are voting for they must sign, fold and then give their envelope to the PFA representative who will seal the vote. The PFA use an independent company to count and verify the votes cast, and completed ballots are sent directly to Beever & Struthers Chartered Accountants. The individual winners for each category will be announced at the PFA Awards" (in April)

Seems wrong to me that players can't vote for any player regardless of whether they are in your own team or not (though of course a squad could all agree to vote for just one of their team mates which could unfairly affect the outcome).

Do players vote for already nominated players, i.e. one from 5 or 6 or whatever it is? If so, who picks the shortlist? 

Had a read around to try to find out exactly how it works but failed. This was the most interesting article I found.

Premier League Bootroom: Stars love PFA gongs but getting them to vote is hard work!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2315523/Players-hate-voting-PFA-awards--Martin-Keown-Bootroom.html

Augero. His level of consistency season after season at the highest level and a great pro. I believe the manager was looking to offload him at one point and even proved him wrong which is a testament to how good he still is.
Salah would be close 2nd for me.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

As a City fan I couldn't put Aguero ahead of KdB but I know what you mean. Pep has definitely improved Aguero's game and I don't think he's ever been better than this recent period of jesus being out injured. There was a time when Aguero literally would only pass to the likes of Silva, Yaya, Tevez but now he's very much the team player and is even creating goals. A far better player now - he's comfortable in the uk and even speaks English. If Pep was thinking of offloading - I think he was/is - it was because Aguero was more of a goalscorer but has now shown he can play in a Pep team.

Sky Sports pundits are split between Salah and KdB

Paul Merson says: Mohamed Salah

Charlie Nicholas says: Kevin De Bruyne

Matt Le Tissier says: Mohamed Salah

Phil Thompson says: Kevin De Bruyne

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/18871/11277651/soccer-saturday-pundits-torn-between-mohamed-salah-and-kevin-de-bruyne-for-pfa-player-of-the-year

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Sky Sports pundits are split between Salah and KdB

Paul Merson says: Mohamed Salah

Charlie Nicholas says: Kevin De Bruyne

Matt Le Tissier says: Mohamed Salah

Phil Thompson says: Kevin De Bruyne

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/18871/11277651/soccer-saturday-pundits-torn-between-mohamed-salah-and-kevin-de-bruyne-for-pfa-player-of-the-year

Let's call it a dead heat for now, and the player who goes further in the CL gets the ultimate nod.:post-4641-1156694572:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/07/pfa-player-year-team-writers-pick-winner-now-vote/

Paul Hayward: Kevin De Bruyne 1
Jason Burt: David Silva 1
Chris Bascombe: Kevin De Bruyne 2
Sam Wallace: Kevin De Bruyne 3
Alan Tyers: Leroy Sane 1
Jeremy Wilson: David Silva 2
Luke Edwards: Mo Salah 1
Jim White: Kevin De Bruyne 4
JJ Bull: Kevin De Bruyne 5

Archived