Who's your Player of the Year

Bredbury Blue

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Good topic to stick up. Surprise inclusions into England squad. As long as wilshere does not go I'm happy. 

James Tarkowski from Burnley is rumoured to be in the squad later this month. Worth a look. Southgate was at the match v Everton on Saturday. Mee too?

3 minutes ago, StevieH said:

i wasn't joking mate. you take the lads in form.

Agreed. Pick him and play him in the 2 friendlies later this month. No need to play Kane; he is 1st name in the WC squad.

Finding 3 decent goalies looks a big problem... and midfielders who can pass a ball forward quickly.

Just now, champers said:

Agreed. Pick him and play him in the 2 friendlies later this month. No need to play Kane; he is 1st name in the WC squad.

Finding 3 decent goalies looks a big problem... and midfielders who can pass a ball forward quickly.

i care nothing about england mate but on club form and general ability you'd be going henderson, oxlade, dier, with kane, alli, sterling ahead of them. pickford looks the best keeper but it's thin gruel admittedly.

Earlier kdb was running the show for City but recent months it's Merlin who is playing as good as ever since joining us plus he's alot more durable these days. Bearing in mind his personal problems (premature birth of his son) and his lack of regular training, to consistently be our best or one of our best players is very impressive. Sadly probably too late (and he flies under the radar unless you're a City fan) for him to be in with a shout for player of the Year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 2:32 AM, carmine said:

Still undecided between KDB and Salah for me

Young Player goes to Leroy Sane, the runner up Davinson Sanchez.

KDB needs to take the game next week by the scruff of the neck win or lose the tie to be player of the year for me.

Sanchez has been an absolute revelation as well....what a signing!

21 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

KDB needs to take the game next week by the scruff of the neck win or lose the tie to be player of the year for me.

Sanchez has been an absolute revelation as well....what a signing!

Considering his age and its his first season in this league its phenomenal.  He'll be truly world class in the not too distant future probably by the age of 22 and going to be one of the backbones of our team hopefully for a good few years to come.  

I can't see myself being able to make my mind up about KDB or Salah.  Just seems wrong one should miss out.

34 minutes ago, carmine said:

Considering his age and its his first season in this league its phenomenal.  He'll be truly world class in the not too distant future probably by the age of 22 and going to be one of the backbones of our team hopefully for a good few years to come.  

I can't see myself being able to make my mind up about KDB or Salah.  Just seems wrong one should miss out.

KDB will likely win it simply due to his phenomenal work rate....a top player.

Salah though is unstoppable right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Salah by a country mile. these last couple of weeks have been testing and he has delivered week in week out. Still looks like he has 5-6 more goals in him before the season/comps end. Our attack is just the best in the world right now. Those 3 are just the bees knees.

de bruyne will win the player's player, because he was phenomenal up till january and that, for some daft reason, is when the players vote.

salah will win the writers' player of the year.

doesn't really matter who wins the young player of the year 'cos harry kane will claim it anyway. :)

Congrats to Salah. I was hoping KDB would take it given his all around skills, both attacking and defense, but you can't take anything away from Salah.

I figure a lot of players were angry with KDB for constantly nicking balls off them.:smile:

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Congrats to Salah. I was hoping KDB would take it given his all around skills, both attacking and defense, but you can't take anything away from Salah.

I figure a lot of players were angry with KDB for constantly nicking balls off them.:smile:

One of those situations whereby both of them are worthy winners.  

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

70+% to salah.

Without doubt the player of the season. Nearest lad was like 14%.

Won it by 50 furlongs.

Actually there is a fair amount of doubt. Think this article sums it up nicely. I'm obviously a purist.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/23/salah-de-bruyne-pfa-award-champions-league

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Actually there is a fair amount of doubt. Think this article sums it up nicely. I'm obviously a purist.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/23/salah-de-bruyne-pfa-award-champions-league

There is no fair amount of doubt. The players voted, it’s a players vote. 

And now your manager is moaning about it, what a <deleted>. 

You lads really do believe your are being hard done by again?  

He’ll win the FWA, you can have a big toss over that. 

Just now, BangrakBob said:

There is no fair amount of doubt. The players voted, it’s a players vote. 

there's a fair amount of doubt as evidenced by one journalist writing a clickbait piece based on nothing other than his employer needing hits. 

Archived