Who's your Player of the Year

Bredbury Blue

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

There is no fair amount of doubt. The players voted, it’s a players vote. 

And now your manager is moaning about it, what a <deleted>. 

You lads really do believe your are being hard done by again?  

He’ll win the FWA, you can have a big toss over that. 

Just read the article.  Its a load of old toss.  

Here's da ting!!!  The players voted for who they thought was the best player this season.  Thats not in doubt, its a fact.  They voted for Salah.  Not in doubt.  Would de Bruyne been a worthy recipient....yes.  Is he the best all round player in the league.  Probably. I think so.

To say anything about the vote being in doubt just spanks of more sour grapes.

Funnily enough, i read the other day that de Bruyne said he voted for Davinsn Sanchez as YPOY.  

Does that make the vote for Sane in doubt?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

There is no fair amount of doubt. The players voted, it’s a players vote. 

And now your manager is moaning about it, what a <deleted>. 

You lads really do believe your are being hard done by again?  

He’ll win the FWA, you can have a big toss over that. 

I doubt Pep was moaning, more likely he was asked in a press conference - the only place he speaks to the press - and he gave his opinion.

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Actually there is a fair amount of doubt. Think this article sums it up nicely. I'm obviously a purist.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/23/salah-de-bruyne-pfa-award-champions-league

Its this type of denial that's causing strife. Complete lack of from what I've read these past few weeks. Real bitterness coming out and zero grace.

50 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting the voting process was in doubt, but who has really been the standout player this season, salah or kdb.

in your opinion it was de bruyne? fair enough, in the opinion of players who play against them in the premier league it was salah.

de bruyne would have been a worthy winner and generally i'd expect the best player of the season to have come from the best team, the one that won the league. it's like the oscars, you kind of have to give the best director oscar to the director of the best film winner.

but when was the last time the player of the year didn't go to a guy who had scored over 40 goals in that season? it's a phenomenal achievement.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Funnily enough, i read the other day that de Bruyne said he voted for Davinsn Sanchez as YPOY.  

Does that make the vote for Sane in doubt?

I believe you can't vote for your own team mates. KdB also voted for Salah as POTY

Archived