Foreign ‘DSI Agent’ Threatens Editor To Remove Story On Russian Whistleblowers

rooster59

Foreign ‘DSI Agent’ Threatens Editor To Remove Story On Russian Whistleblowers

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

image-2-696x524.png

Photo: Thierry Pol / Facebook

BANGKOK — The Department of Special Investigations, or DSI, said Saturday it would look into a foreigner claiming to be one of its agents who threatened a news editor to remove a story about the recent arrests of Russian and Belorussian social media personalities in Pattaya.

Thierry Perenon, who identified himself as a Frenchman working as a DSI “special agent” in the resort city, emailed the editor of Khaosod English saying he must delete the story about the group, who claimed to have information proving Russian meddling in the 2016 United States presidential election.

“I am special agent of DSI.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/03/03/foreign-dsi-agent-threatens-editor-remove-story-russian-whistleblowers/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-03-04

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

“I am special agent of DSI.

judging by what we know this nutjob said in the larger article, it contains the same tenor as the emails , which he denies, betting he did everything he is accused of

If he's just a nobody tipster, why is he with the raid? ( Although the phony POLICE shirt does scream "Le' POSEUR".) 

Wonder if he's gonna get somebody in trouble?

BUT ...why were police in plain clothes?  " Someone from the hotel called the police" according  to NY Times.. So OK  police from the local station should have arrived.

Khao sod is certainly doing the best reporting on this saga.

Screen grab from video at link.

FarANG COP.png

Watch your back, Chuck Norris ...!
If I wouldn't have seen his Facebook site I would have thought it's unreal.
I have to express my great respect for the DSI and their exquisite selection of personnal ...

28 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Hmm, poor attempt to keep this ludicrous story alive.

"this side of Rybka's story also makes a great deal of sense: her closeness with Deripaska and his secrets *could* have given her access to the details of a Trump-Manafort-Kremlin association, conspiracy, and plot. Any investigator would want to look further into this..."

13 minutes ago, rebo said:

Watch your back, Chuck Norris ...!
If I wouldn't have seen his Facebook site I would have thought it's unreal.
I have to express my great respect for the DSI and their exquisite selection of personnal ...

He's lying  and probably now realizing he made a big mistake contacting Khao Sod. He may even be  the disgruntled student who turned them. From the article - 

Perenon, who posted photos of himself in DSI and police uniforms on his social media profile, named deputy DSI chief Korrawat Panprapakorn as his supervisor.

In a phone interview, Korrawat said Perenon misrepresented himself, as he’s only part of a “foreigner network program” in Pattaya – a group of volunteers who help send tips about potential crimes or transnational gangs to the DSI – and not a sworn officer. Volunteers have no legal authority, he said.

This is a great example of why little good comes from Westerners getting involved with the Thai police.  Worst of all, allowing foreigners to wear a uniform with various official-looking insignia confuses many people in to wondering just what the person's role and authority is - and these foreigner police wannabes know that and in some cases have been show to abuse that authority.

What a clown, he looks like a midget he is shorter than the thai police. Suffering from short man syndrome napolean complex. Why would a real DSI agent plaster it all over facebook and brag about it? What a goofball

16 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Never new Thailand hired foreigners to serve as police officers.   Can't say there is any improvement in tact or a desire for greater public safety, just another blunt instrument worshiping power who happens not to be Thai. 

They not police officers, there just snitches that mix and mingle to report what they hear

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Never new Thailand hired foreigners to serve as police officers.   Can't say there is any improvement in tact or a desire for greater public safety, just another blunt instrument worshiping power who happens not to be Thai. 

One time i was stopped by a foreigner in the police uniform in Chiang mai. It was a regular checkpoint as they had booth for fines just nearby. The guy was having like Australian accent. I was wondering at that time how he can work as a police officer.

1 minute ago, rtr4 said:

One time i was stopped by a foreigner in the police uniform in Chiang mai. It was a regular checkpoint as they had booth for fines just nearby. The guy was having like Australian accent. I was wondering at that time how he can work as a police officer.

he was a volunteer and was not a police officer

Archived