Pool modifications

tomaway

Hi all,

With my wife we just bought a villa with a concrete pool.

Right now it is using skimmers but I would like to know if it is possible to modify it to become infinite?

We have enough space to built a tank for 10% of the capacity of the pool and the gutter to collect the water overflowing.

Another point, the grout are blackish and the tiles are dark blue. Is it a big job to change the whole thing to get white grout and clear tiles? Anybody did it already?

Thanks

Tom

Sent from my SM-G955F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hi all,

With my wife we just bought a villa with a concrete pool.

Right now it is using skimmers but I would like to know if it is possible to modify it to become infinite?

We have enough space to built a tank for 10% of the capacity of the pool and the gutter to collect the water overflowing.

Another point, the grout are blackish and the tiles are dark blue. Is it a big job to change the whole thing to get white grout and clear tiles? Anybody did it already?

Thanks
Tom

Hi Tom. I've built a pool, so I can only talk from my experience. I'm not a pool professional.
You can build an infinity pool and change the tiles and grout color; just depends how much money you have to spend.
The secret is to get good tilers and concreters at a reasonable rate. This is the hard part, but no problems changing the pool.
I would have loved an overflow pool, but I didn't think me and the people I was hiring could do the job. Specially with the sump tank and all the rubbish and animals that would end up in it.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Thx for the reply.

I am going to take my time to find the right company to do the job.

I guess that's the main thing to take care of.

Cheers.

Yes, that's the main thing. Have a look at other people's pools and see what trouble they have had.
Work on the principal that when they do the job they probably won't come back to fix anything afterwards. This probably doesn't apply to the big reputable companies, but they will probably have a waiting list.

On 3/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, carlyai said:

Hi Tom. I've built a pool, so I can only talk from my experience. I'm not a pool professional.
You can build an infinity pool and change the tiles and grout color; just depends how much money you have to spend.
The secret is to get good tilers and concreters at a reasonable rate. This is the hard part, but no problems changing the pool.
I would have loved an overflow pool, but I didn't think me and the people I was hiring could do the job. Specially with the sump tank and all the rubbish and animals that would end up in it.

how many Chang Carlyai? rabugento1.gif

how many Chang Carlyai? rabugento1.gif&key=48ca1f84c9b4d07316a513f5cbc9b2bba0eed9bc46bc10385d56d3545807e4b1
Filthy stuff Naam. Just now back from dr and said no more grog. liver enzine counts up. Was 110 now at 90 but should be below 40.
Just have to beat the wife more.

Archived