Bored in Thailand

garyk

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't usually get bored in Thailand. There are books to read, films to watch and traveling is extremely cheap. Join a health club and go swimming. If that doesn't work, visit the local Go-Go bar or take a flight to Pattaya for lots of new restaurants, massage parlors and much else.  :smile:

3 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Boredom is an international problem.

Productive things to do:

Play sport

Play cards with friends

Fitness ie muay thai, bike riding, hiking, kayaking

Gardening - problem if you live in a small apartment

Boredom is a personal problem, not an international problem. 

OP you are bored?

Unbelievable,its all in the mind, there are lots of things to do, give yourself a shake, get up, get out and do things.

I am stuck at home every day after my wife goes to work, never get bored.

I like photography but didn't bring my equipment with me this hop.. ahhhhh

Maybe I join a gym and start exercising.

42 minutes ago, garyk said:

Does anyone else get bored here in Thailand?

What do you do to stay active and not get bored?

Just curious.

If there is one near you go to the Hash?  

On a more observational note? From browsing this site people living in Thailand have so many problems I cannot see how anyone here could be bored?

Just now, CharlesSwann said:

Thailand is dire for local neighbourhood activity. Unless you're lucky enough to live by the sea or next to a nice park, it's near-impossible just to go out for a walk, that's the worst thing.

How so? Street food and markets, coffee shops, people watching.

You don't need a park.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

OP you are bored?

Unbelievable,its all in the mind, there are lots of things to do, give yourself a shake, get up, get out and do things.

I am stuck at home every day after my wife goes to work, never get bored.

I think your a great person.. not getting bored. Your remarkably positive for the situation your in well done. 

OP feel free to come over and give us a hand in the garden,sometimes we are so busy we do not have time to leave the yard.

Never get bored,it's a good thing i don't have a job i couldn;t find the time to go there.

6 minutes ago, trd said:
1 hour ago, steven100 said:
never get bored ... so many bars to hit and get on the piss all day. :burp:

You might get bored sitting around waiting for a liver transplant.

Rather expensive drinking in bars all day

39 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Depends on what, where and how much you drink.

In any event, if one has no money, and they are bored, they should think about getting a job.

So they can drink all night? Looks like a vicious cycle

51 minutes ago, Justfine said:

So they can drink all night? Looks like a vicious cycle

As is going to work.

Plenty of guys (I'm not one of them) can pace themselves such that they can be in a bar all day on a few beers or drinks. 

3 hours ago, CharlesSwann said:

Thailand is dire for local neighbourhood activity. Unless you're lucky enough to live by the sea or next to a nice park, it's near-impossible just to go out for a walk, that's the worst thing.

Out here in rural Khampaeng Phet there is plenty of room to walk, ride a pushbike etc, but IMO the next 6 months will be hot and dry or hot and wet so walk early mornings just after sunrise or late afternoons when it gets cooler again.

I don't have time to be bored. I am 73 and usually spend an hour a day early mornings 5 days a week cutting the scrub and grass at home and at my neighbours. I am also slowly writing my life story (boring but it works for me) editing my ebook library of several thousand books, cooking and making bread, sausages, pies, ham, bacon plus I have a stack of roundtuit jobs to do as well.

52 minutes ago, mogandave said:

As is going to work.

Plenty of guys (I'm not one of them) can pace themselves such that they can be in a bar all day on a few beers or drinks. 

I suppose they could. I find bars boring after 2 hours.

Funny you should mention it.......I was always hoping my wife would get a bit of a job so as I could have some "space"...especially now that we have moved to the Banchang area and into a condo from a house..

Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather when a couple of weeks ago she said she is going to work with her son....so she did.

I'm almost off my trolley with boredom ever since....you know the old saying is ...."be careful what you ask for..... in case you might get it".

Archived