BANGKOK 18 July 2019 16:09
bkk6060

90 day report Chonburi Immigration

1 hour ago, johng said:

You can (when the website works) do your 90 day report online.

Might take longer than 45 mins to prepare and deliver at post office :biggrin:

Surely in this day and age,there should be a smartphone app ...it could even record the exact GPS location and or photo of reported address...errr maybe better not have the app !

bkk6060,

Think yourself lucky that you don't live in Chang Mai.Then you would have something to moan about.

My mate who lives there says they only process 30 applications a day,and people are queuing outside the Immigration Office at 4-30am  9 4 Hours ) before the doors open just to be in the 30 applicants.

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Might take longer than 45 mins to prepare and deliver at post office

You don't need to go to the post office if you do the 90 day report online.After you have followed the instructions it will say application Pending, then in a couple of days it will say Approved then you print off the new T.M.47 form complete with the bar code & new reporting date & staple it in your Passport.

I have done this several times  subject to the site being up & running.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yankee99 said:

online takes 5 minutes

If i'm not mistaken i think you will find Pattaya (Jom Thien) Emigration does not does not do online for anything! 

• Like 1

Perhaps I am naive, but I cannot see the need for this 90 day reporting, what does it achieve and what is its purpose.

To me, I would much prefer to get away every three months to a change of scenery, I.e a short inexpensive trip to Penang etc, of course a re entry permit will be required, but surely easier and cleaner than joining the rest of the flock at a crowded immigration office for possibly hours on end.

• Like 1

Unless there is a change of policy as I have successfully completed many online reports with Jomtien  but the one 3 months ago was pending and never confirmed and so far the current one is pending!!!

Can anyone clarify please?

Has Jomtien stopped online reporting?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Perhaps I am naive, but I cannot see the need for this 90 day reporting, what does it achieve and what is its purpose.

To me, I would much prefer to get away every three months to a change of scenery, I.e a short inexpensive trip to Penang etc, of course a re entry permit will be required, but surely easier and cleaner than joining the rest of the flock at a crowded immigration office for possibly hours on end.

I agree DipStick but they make the rules & after all we are only guests in Thailand, & I have lived here for 10 years.

For instance, my mate has lived here 24 years & has had to do a 90 day report for  24 years to say that he is still living in his Condo, it's ridiculous.

A much better way would be in my opinion is  scrap the 90 day reporting & change to that if a Farang  changes his address then he/she has 24 hours to notify the Immigration or he or she gets fined, & Automatically loses their Retirement Extension or any other Visa that they have.

That way it puts the onus & responsibility  on to the Farang.

31 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

If i'm not mistaken i think you will find Pattaya (Jom Thien) Emigration does not does not do online for anything! 

Online reporting is done centrally, not by individual IOs. System at present is running much better than 9 - 18 months before.

42 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

I depends on Jomtien Immigration Office and made three 90-Days reports online last year without problem.

Next one... this month :smile:

Oh....why we can not apply for that electronic ankle bracelet.....could also be very helpful in case of dementia....( LOL....):smile:

• Haha 1

The point of the OP being? No farang has ever had a problem with immigration, or lives more than 10 mins from the office, or can't access the website, or doesn't get their 90 day by post returned etc?

There good AND bad experiences at immigrafion, pse stop trying to make out otherwise.

You aren't a friend of suradit69 by any chance?

• Like 1