90 day report Chonburi Immigration

bkk6060

I cannot believe I am required to do this.

I had to ride my motorbike over the hill it took 10 minutes.  There were cars on the road one could have hit me!

I had to find a parking space.

I had to walk into the building and get a number.

I had to wait 15 minutes to get my call.  Can you believe they made me wait 15 minutes!??

The immigration officer smiled at me when I presented my documents.  How dare her?

She made me wait 45 seconds while she checked on me in the computer.  How annoying.

She stapled a paper in my passport.  Why the need to damage my passport with a staple..

I left and was back at my room over the hill in less then 45 minutes.  I cannot believe it took that long.  Why don't they do something!

Why do I have to do this every 90 days?  My day, no my whole week has been ruined.  Why why why...

I am special.  A foreigner who spends money here.  I bought a new Singha T and a pair of 39 b glasses at Tukcom last week. I contribute to the economy.

What else to they want!!?

I am going to consider Cambodia now.  I hear it is much better, cheaper and everyone smiles.

We will see.....  

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bkk6060,

Think yourself lucky that you don't live in Chang Mai.Then you would have something to moan about.

My mate who lives there says they only process 30 applications a day,and people are queuing outside the Immigration Office at 4-30am  9 4 Hours ) before the doors open just to be in the 30 applicants.

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Might take longer than 45 mins to prepare and deliver at post office

You don't need to go to the post office if you do the 90 day report online.After you have followed the instructions it will say application Pending, then in a couple of days it will say Approved then you print off the new T.M.47 form complete with the bar code & new reporting date & staple it in your Passport.

I have done this several times  subject to the site being up & running.

That's the problem when online is ''working''.

I was pending for 12 days the last time and ended up having to go to Jomtien in person.

This time around I have been pending since 28th Feb.

If not approved by 12th  will have to visit again.

I do not understand why such a simple online process cannot be kept up and running !!!

Not exactly rocket science and it would save the IO's time to do other things surely.

Perhaps I am naive, but I cannot see the need for this 90 day reporting, what does it achieve and what is its purpose.

To me, I would much prefer to get away every three months to a change of scenery, I.e a short inexpensive trip to Penang etc, of course a re entry permit will be required, but surely easier and cleaner than joining the rest of the flock at a crowded immigration office for possibly hours on end.

Unless there is a change of policy as I have successfully completed many online reports with Jomtien  but the one 3 months ago was pending and never confirmed and so far the current one is pending!!!

Can anyone clarify please?

Has Jomtien stopped online reporting?

2 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Perhaps I am naive, but I cannot see the need for this 90 day reporting, what does it achieve and what is its purpose.

To me, I would much prefer to get away every three months to a change of scenery, I.e a short inexpensive trip to Penang etc, of course a re entry permit will be required, but surely easier and cleaner than joining the rest of the flock at a crowded immigration office for possibly hours on end.

I agree DipStick but they make the rules & after all we are only guests in Thailand, & I have lived here for 10 years.

For instance, my mate has lived here 24 years & has had to do a 90 day report for  24 years to say that he is still living in his Condo, it's ridiculous.

A much better way would be in my opinion is  scrap the 90 day reporting & change to that if a Farang  changes his address then he/she has 24 hours to notify the Immigration or he or she gets fined, & Automatically loses their Retirement Extension or any other Visa that they have.

That way it puts the onus & responsibility  on to the Farang.

31 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

If i'm not mistaken i think you will find Pattaya (Jom Thien) Emigration does not does not do online for anything! 

Online reporting is done centrally, not by individual IOs. System at present is running much better than 9 - 18 months before.

42 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

If i'm not mistaken i think you will find Pattaya (Jom Thien) Emigration does not does not do online for anything! 

I depends on Jomtien Immigration Office and made three 90-Days reports online last year without problem.

Next one... this month :smile:

The point of the OP being? No farang has ever had a problem with immigration, or lives more than 10 mins from the office, or can't access the website, or doesn't get their 90 day by post returned etc?

There good AND bad experiences at immigrafion, pse stop trying to make out otherwise.

You aren't a friend of suradit69 by any chance?

1 hour ago, cauldlad said:

That's the problem when online is ''working''.

A very troubled system.

I used it successfully four times but now unusable as I have got a new passport.

Silly.

21 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

We will see.....  

You realize that some of those here at TV who are unfamiliar with sarcasm will think you're being serious.

There are still some posters who think the April Fool's post saying you could do 90 day reports at Family Mart was serious.

1 hour ago, hobobo said:

Online reporting is done centrally, not by individual IOs. System at present is running much better than 9 - 18 months before.

Thanks you for the correction, each time i have asked at Jom Thien about online posting, i get a smile and a shoulder shrug

UPDATE

Just received my approval today after submitting my report on 28th.

Took half a dozen tries to print it off though.

Turns out there was a problem with Adobe Reader.

Once I came out and went back in it printed the new date off first time. yipppppeeeeeeeeeee!!!

23 hours ago, johng said:

Surely in this day and age,there should be a smartphone app ...it could even record the exact GPS location and or photo of reported address...errr maybe better not have the app !

what !! you expect thailand to get into the 21 st century???

5 hours ago, cauldlad said:

Unless there is a change of policy as I have successfully completed many online reports with Jomtien  but the one 3 months ago was pending and never confirmed and so far the current one is pending!!!

Can anyone clarify please?

Has Jomtien stopped online reporting?

It worked for me last month, but the time before that, it left me hanging with no reply. 

4 hours ago, david555 said:

Oh....why we can not apply for that electronic ankle bracelet.....could also be very helpful in case of dementia....( LOL....):smile:

Or a dog collar for the wayward aliens that end to go feral. ?

You should count yourself lucky it was such a short time to get your 90 day report done. 

Today I went to the Nonthaburi office and had to wait in the queue outside the front door for 20 minutes.  Finally got my queue number and had to wait for almost an hour with the person doing the 90 - day reports almost in front of me.  I sat down when they called # 401 and I was # 415.  I waited about an hour for my number to be called.  By the way, # 401 was a farang and the next farang in line was me with # 415.  All the numbers in between were from Burma, Cambodia, and other countries.  Once I got to the officer, I sat down for only 2 minutes and was done.  Most of the earlier numbers would not have something right with their paperwork or just kept talking to the officer slowing everyone down.  

Am I complaining?  No, as this is one of the problems we face as guests in the country.  By the way, the attached photo shows you that Nonthaburi is a very small office.  When I first started using the Nonthaburi office over 6 years ago, it took us 2-5 minutes to get our report done.  Now it is slow due to more laborers using the office due to the massive amount of construction in the province as well as changes in the management of the office.

Again, count yourself lucky it only took you less than an hour.

Nonthaburi a.JPG

7 hours ago, DipStick said:

I have been doing 90 day reports at Jomtien since the office opened and it has never taken "hours on end"; and with the streamlining of the system over the past year or so it never takes more than 15 minutes. It's the only government office I have been to that seems to always trying to improve their service; and most of the staff are pleasant and helpful; can't say the same for some of the customers...

50 minutes ago, FracturedRabbit said:

I have been doing 90 day reports at Jomtien since the office opened and it has never taken "hours on end"; and with the streamlining of the system over the past year or so it never takes more than 15 minutes. It's the only government office I have been to that seems to always trying to improve their service; and most of the staff are pleasant and helpful; can't say the same for some of the customers...

Good to hear, but my point was, why not take a break outside Thailand every three months, then no need for 90 day reporting. It must be rather robotic and pointless every 90 days reporting to immigration for reasons I cannot comprehend and yes I understand and agree with other posters that we are guests and should obey the laws ! 

Archived