90 day report Chonburi Immigration

bkk6060

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Good to hear, but my point was, why not take a break outside Thailand every three months, then no need for 90 day reporting.

But then there's need for leaving Thailand every 3 months. I don't see how that helps; kinda like swatting a fly with a hammer. Lot more bother (no comparison really), longer interruption, needless expense. Most of us don't need a break from our break. Require everyone to leave every 90 days and then you really would have knickers twisting and screams of anguish and "killing the goose" from our posters.

It must be rather robotic and pointless every 90 days reporting to immigration

Robotic, to a degree perhaps--but can be made interesting. Have a lunch at a different resto along the way (Mike's Mexican comes to mind) or stop by a daytime go-go for a few cool ones. Listen to music through nice earbuds while waiting (5 min at Jomtien, eh). Anyway, you don't even have to report in person. I don't. :)

Pointless, no, because Immigration will fine you or worse if you don't report. 

I don't see how 90-day reporting would be less robotic and pointless than leaving the country every 90 days.

for reasons I cannot comprehend  

I dunno why you can't comprehend that the reason is to comply w/ an Immigration requirement. But it doesn't matter whether you comprehend or not. Isn't it "pointless" to try to argue against an Immigration requirement on this forum? Take it up w/ Immigration.

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

But then there's need for leaving Thailand every 3 months. I don't see how that helps; kinda like swatting a fly with a hammer. Lot more bother (no comparison really), longer interruption, needless expense. Most of us don't need a break from our break.

I lived here 6 years on marriage extensions, but 2 years back I changed to marriage VISA.

I've had some great beach holidays in the Philippines, hiking in the mountains of China, 1 trip  to Burma.

Doesn't cost much and I quite enjoy the excuse for a trip without the wife.

Not to mention I get my full British pension because I live in the Philippines (but only holiday in Thailand).

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I lived here 6 years on marriage extensions, but 2 years back I changed to marriage VISA.

I've had some great beach holidays in the Philippines, hiking in the mountains of China, 1 trip  to Burma.

Not to mention I get my full British pension because I live in the Philippines (but only holiday in Thailand).

One reason I live in SE Asia is that it's an interesting area of the world for the opportunities to travel around to neighboring countries w/ different cultures if and when one wishes to. I did my share of border runs in the old days. And it can be cheap to do so, though not as cheap mailing in the 90-day report, or doing it online, or paying a Thai a couple 100 baht to go do it. Right? But leaving solely for the purpose of avoiding a 90-day report? Absurd. Only guy I knew doing that had a questionable visa and figured it'd get less attention at the border. If you on the other hand need an excuse and that's all you got, then make lemonade from lemons, man.

20 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

You realize that some of those here at TV who are unfamiliar with sarcasm will think you're being serious.

There are still some posters who think the April Fool's post saying you could do 90 day reports at Family Mart was serious.

I heard a sense of humour is on special promotion at Big C this week.  Suggest a lot of posters get down there asap. 

• 4 months later...

We all are only on holiday here . Never residents according to the Thai govt

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 2 months later...

Arrived yesterday at 3 pm.  Was second up for the 90 day.

I thought I always had to complete the forms prior but I had my previous 90 day in my passport.

Was told no forms,  go to the window when called.

3 minutes and 17 seconds later my number came up.  The IO (I thought it was funny) was texting someone.

He never once looked up at me and continued texting while he removed my previous 90 day from my passport, scanned it, signed and placed the new 90 day in my passport.  He handed it to me and nodded, all the while continuing to text.

Could truly care less about his texting like I said, kind of funny.   Just happy with very the quick visit.

On 10/10/2018 at 10:24 AM, bkk6060 said:

I thought I always had to complete the forms prior but I had my previous 90 day in my passport.

Was told no forms,  go to the window when called.

Was your previous visit your first as it has been this way for best part of 2 years or so?

Did they say go to "the window" as if so an interesting choice of words, since it is actually a counter/desk :smile:

Touch wood, even in the height of high season never had to wait more than 25 minutes since this system came in.

30 minutes ago, topt said:

Was your previous visit your first as it has been this way for best part of 2 years or so?

Did they say go to "the window" as if so an interesting choice of words, since it is actually a counter/desk :smile:

Touch wood, even in the height of high season never had to wait more than 25 minutes since this system came in.

Easy peasy. I sent the girlfriend to do mine for me last month, so even easier.

7 hours ago, champers said:

Easy peasy. I sent the girlfriend to do mine for me last month, so even easier.

Be careful champers she might have been meeting her next boyfriend to be.....you know the attraction of men in uniform to the ladies here..........:cheesy:

For the first time ever, after getting my number ticket at 11am this morning I walked in to find my number showing so in and out in 2 minutes .....can't beat that.
Same as me 2 weeks ago picked up my no ,went straight to desk did not even sit down ,just straight back out

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2018 at 2:56 PM, bkk6060 said:

I cannot believe I am required to do this.

Tell that to the people living in Chiang Mai that have to show up at 2am or to the people that go to do their 90 day reports and get nothing but unnecessary hassle and trouble just because the IO is in a bad mood.Not everyone lives in your fairy bubble world. Please enlighten me, what is the purpose at all in the 90 day report? Nothing whatsoever but to cause you unnecessary trouble. I understand that freedom is a scary thought to some. 

On 3/5/2018 at 4:20 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Might take longer than 45 mins to prepare and deliver at post office :biggrin:

do you have details on how to do this over mail in Pattaya (address and what to include)? About to do my first ever 90 day report, and understood somewhere the internet filing would not work for first timers(not sure though), and really would not want to go waiting in the office if there is alternative way (like post)

Went this morning to do 90 day report and the queue was out of the door..will try again tomorrow.

decided to go into town for some "Friendship" shopping....

under the flyover to Bali Hai Pier the police are stopping all motorbikes checking for Helmet,licence tax and insurance etc etc  ????   (didn't ask to see copies of green book or kitchen sink) . 

I have had mixed experiences at Jomtien for my 90 day reporting, was there last Thursday, it took about 45 minutes, on other occasions I have picked up my number and gone straight to the desk, in and out in 2 minutes, for some unknown reason Jomtien office was packed last week and I always only ever go on a Tuesday or Thursday just after 1 pm when I have found it to be a quieter time, not last week it wasn't.  

14 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have had mixed experiences at Jomtien for my 90 day reporting, was there last Thursday, it took about 45 minutes, on other occasions I have picked up my number and gone straight to the desk, in and out in 2 minutes, for some unknown reason Jomtien office was packed last week and I always only ever go on a Tuesday or Thursday just after 1 pm when I have found it to be a quieter time, not last week it wasn't.  

I know there are many people coming this month as the weather in their countries gets cold and snowy.  Possible reason for the uptick in business. 

But even at 45 minutes is better then several other offices.

2:30pm today number up on the display as I walked in, no one in front of me,  no time to even sit down, 30 seconds to scan, stamp new date and staple a new slip in the passport. Back out the door in what must have been under a minute.:smile:

7 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

2:30pm today number up on the display as I walked in, no one in front of me,  no time to even sit down, 30 seconds to scan, stamp new date and staple a new slip in the passport. Back out the door in what must have been under a minute.:smile:

I think you broke my record. ????

Glad to hear it..

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year!
Just back from 90 day reporting at Pattaya Jom Tien (Jomtien) immigration.
Coming from the dark side by car it is something which takes time.
Within 15 minutes I was out of the immigration office already including an outage in the computer system which has to provide the queue-number so pretty smooth service.
Asking why I couldn't report online the officer told me that I can only do this if YOUR LAST REPORT WAS AT THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE.
I left the country by car to Malaysia and so my data (TM number) changed. Next time I can report online if I don't fly or drive out.

55 minutes ago, bluebellpepper said:

the officer told me that I can only do this if YOUR LAST REPORT WAS AT THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE.

I don't understand. Where else that in your Immigration Office would you want to make your report ?? :unsure:

BTW travels abroad never prevented me to be able to make my report online. ??

55 minutes ago, bluebellpepper said:

Happy New Year!
Just back from 90 day reporting at Pattaya Jom Tien (Jomtien) immigration.
Coming from the dark side by car it is something which takes time.
Within 15 minutes I was out of the immigration office already including an outage in the computer system which has to provide the queue-number so pretty smooth service.
Asking why I couldn't report online the officer told me that I can only do this if YOUR LAST REPORT WAS AT THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE.
I left the country by car to Malaysia and so my data (TM number) changed. Next time I can report online if I don't fly or drive out.

Interesting......i flew to the uk in july and came back in august never did the 24hr report address and did my first 90 day report online no problem.......

Another guy went back and returned same dates....never did the 24 hour report but he went into jomtien imm for first 90 day report.....again no problem,nothing was said re his lack of 24hr report of address.

Archived