90 day report Chonburi Immigration

bkk6060

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Another guy went back and returned same dates....never did the 24 hour report but he went into jomtien imm for first 90 day report.....again no problem,nothing was said re his lack of 24hr report of address.

Jomtien Immigration have specifically told me several times that if I am returning to my own condo and if I am on a retirement extension then I do not need to do the 24hr reporting thing. So I never do it and nothing is ever said about it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 10:30 AM, DipStick said:

Perhaps I am naive, but I cannot see the need for this 90 day reporting, what does it achieve and what is its purpose.

To me, I would much prefer to get away every three months to a change of scenery, I.e a short inexpensive trip to Penang etc, of course a re entry permit will be required, but surely easier and cleaner than joining the rest of the flock at a crowded immigration office for possibly hours on end.

Indeed. The last time I was at Pattaya Immigration, it was located in Soi 8.

• 1 month later...
Today had to be a record for me.
Went in today about 930 am.
Grabbed my number, went in to sit down and they call it.
Female IO smiled and said hello. 
Walked out the door in less then one minute.
Didnt even get time to sit down today,also the girl givingout the nos recognised me and i got a lovely smile..

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The positive effect of the online 90d reporting is there's nearly no one physically present at immigration to do it. Which makes the whole idea of verifying where the alien is useless. The driving, parking and walking from the parking adds up to about 45mins for dark siders though.

To retain some sanity I try to get out of the country every 2 months or more often. 

2 hours ago, JayBird said:

Last time I went, they told me the 90 day form was not needed if nothing has changed since last time.

That is correct.

There is no form.

They check your name in the computer and put a paper (with a barcode) in your passport with the next 90 day date stamped on it

I guess just a shout out to the place as much as people seem to dislike immigration and the processes.

At least they seem to have the 90 day pretty well efficient at Chonburi.

Archived