Conservative Thailand - Netizens debate appropriateness of pretties at the football

snoop1130

Conservative Thailand - Netizens debate appropriateness of pretties at the football

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTExMy81NTY4OTAyLzExLmpwZw==.jpg

While the sport of darts has recently banned the walk on girls, and Formula One has said goodbye to the podium lovelies, Thailand just can't seem to make up its mind.

An ever increasing number of "pretties" are showing up at football clubs with men taking their eyes off the ball and putting them decidedly somewhere else...

The latest pictures on Facebook at an undisclosed location showed men dreamily looking down the tops of the off field talent and admiring their curvaceous back sides.

Sanook said that sometimes the women are brought in by the owners of the pitches to gee things along and sometimes the players themselves bring the pretties to the game.

Whatever the truth of the matter, it was creating quite a stir online as netizens debated the issue of the appropriateness of such sexy public behavior in Thailand. 

Source: https://news.sanook.com/5568902/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-3-5

Pretties are OK but Prayut has appointed himself as the sole arbitrator of lewdness and licentiousness at public functions and he will be the one to decide what is acceptable. For confirmation ask organisers of motor shows or Lamyai.

images lamyai.jpg

7 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Pretties are OK but Prayut has appointed himself as the sole arbitrator of lewdness and licentiousness at public functions and he will be the one to decide what is acceptable. For confirmation ask organisers of motor shows or Lamyai.

images lamyai.jpg

this is very disturbing; a military general further impinging on our lives;

we need this guy gone;

he has No Business telling us what we like and do not like;

the height of despotism

Actually, there aren't enough pretties in Thai sport. Current crowd includes a couple of porkers playing golf, one in badminton, and another one on the tennis courts (haven't seen her around lately). Then, there's a few shemale types in weightlifting, and a reasonably good looking one doing kickboxing - no wait, that's a ladyboy too.

Pretty girls don't waste their prime playing sports here, so they're more than welcome if they would just show up for something.

49 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

this is very disturbing; a military general further impinging on our lives;

we need this guy gone;

he has No Business telling us what we like and do not like;

the height of despotism

I actually think he are right 

Why they need to show up to games 

15 min of fame na 

Sport do need this 

I am sure your guy's will be happy when naked ladies run in to a football game 

Sex is not a sport 

And you will scream no no when a sexy man do it in a women's game yes

But same same 

15 min of fame na 
Sport do need this 
Sex is not a sport 
But same same 

A few too many Changs tonight?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yep, right! Ain´t this the most conservative country we ever seen?

Actually it is rather a socially conservative country as most well informed long term residents know.That doesn't mean it's not reasonably tolerant as well, often because of a civilized understanding that lower tier foreigners don't know any better and shouldn't be blamed.Foreigners of the sex tourist or former sex tourist variety (a majority in places like Pattaya) think otherwise because they gravitate towards those class of Thais who work in the sectors catering for them.This kind of foreigner - and there are many of them - doesn't fit in to any kind of existence that can be categorized by educated Thais.

5 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Actually it is rather a socially conservative country as most well informed long term residents know.That doesn't mean it's not reasonably tolerant as well, often because of a civilized understanding that lower tier foreigners don't know any better and shouldn't be blamed.Foreigners of the sex tourist or former sex tourist variety (a majority in places like Pattaya) think otherwise because they gravitate towards those class of Thais who work in the sectors catering for them.This kind of foreigner - and there are many of them - doesn't fit in to any kind of existence that can be categorized by educated Thais.

I guess I was making the non existing class joke then. :cheesy: However, you are right in many points, as well as you are wrong in others. 

For once, well informed long term foreigners don´t grow on trees! :cheesy:
As a second, educated Thais! Here you must mean the once in the upper middle class and the hi-so standard. I sincerely hope that you are aware of that both of well informed long term foreigners and educated Thais is a very rare minority. If the majority of all the people in Thailand is the other classes you are stating, how will your theory of a conservative country work in reality then?

14 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

15 min of fame na 

Sport do need this 

Sex is not a sport 

But same same 

Sex is not a Sport ?      I think you must be one big Party Pooper !!!!    LoL.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

I guess I was making the non existing class joke then. :cheesy: However, you are right in many points, as well as you are wrong in others. 

For once, well informed long term foreigners don´t grow on trees! :cheesy:
As a second, educated Thais! Here you must mean the once in the upper middle class and the hi-so standard. I sincerely hope that you are aware of that both of well informed long term foreigners and educated Thais is a very rare minority. If the majority of all the people in Thailand is the other classes you are stating, how will your theory of a conservative country work in reality then?

I was referring to the great mass of Thais (which tend to socially conservative values) as distinct from those catering to the needs of low grade foreigners.

It's just Pattaya's way of advertising throughout Thailand of whats on offer. Come cum to Pattaya we are only a small sample of whats on offer. Don't let sport distract you from the boobs, butts and pretties who are very willing to please. It's not like they can erect billboards on the roadside that would surly made you spill your coffee.:shock1:  

16 hours ago, Darcula said:

Actually, there aren't enough pretties in Thai sport. Current crowd includes a couple of porkers playing golf, one in badminton, and another one on the tennis courts (haven't seen her around lately). Then, there's a few shemale types in weightlifting, and a reasonably good looking one doing kickboxing - no wait, that's a ladyboy too.

Pretty girls don't waste their prime playing sports here, so they're more than welcome if they would just show up for something.

Not true. I know of one very pretty, very nice well mannered young Thai lady on a golf scholarship in the UK. And I've met several of her friends who are also very good golfers too. 

Plenty of very nice volleyball players, badminton players etc etc.

But they are sportswomen. Pretties are hired to provide decoration and attract male attention. As the current feminism wave sweeps away such treatment of attractive young ladies being used for decoration and male distraction in sports, Thailand will have to face that dilemma - pander to the international community or keep its institution of pretties and face the wrath of the feminists!

Have you ever met any btw. Friends own car dealerships and I went to their area at motor shows. The pretties, when not "working" were some of most miserable unfriendly girls I've ever met - unless they were scared by Mrs BB of course, which on reflection is very understandable :smile:

6 hours ago, jayboy said:

I was referring to the great mass of Thais (which tend to socially conservative values) as distinct from those catering to the needs of low grade foreigners.

Sounds like we are lucky to have you as a selfproclaimed high grade foreigner.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Sounds like we are lucky to have you as a selfproclaimed high grade foreigner.

Have you thought through what you meant by this? It seems rather defensive and muddled.

I haven't said anything about myself let alone proclaimed it.In any case my own status, and for that matter yours, is irrelevant.

The issue under discussion was the widespread  misapprehension that the Thais are not socially conservative.I explained how foreigners with this delusion may have acquired it

23 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

15 min of fame na 

Sport do need this 

Sex is not a sport 

But same same 

I wouldn't be watching a female football game (along with the vast majority of football fans) so wouldn't really care tbh. Also I wouldn't want a naked woman interrupting a game in progress. Half-time entertainment? Why not.

10 hours ago, jayboy said:

doesn't fit in to any kind of existence that can be categorized by educated Thais.   probably applied by them to most thais as well then

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

As the current feminism wave sweeps away such treatment of attractive young ladies being used for decoration and male distraction in sports

The girls who (used to) make a living from working the F1 grid, the boxing ring, at darts tournaments etc. are livid about the latest wave of faux outrage depriving them of a job. The feminazis have cost many women their livelihood.

The way things are going the West could end up more like parts of the Middle East, with women covering up from head to toe. I hope Thailand doesn't follow the same path.

Archived