Chinese tourist knocked off her motorbike in attempted rape, say Facebook posters

webfact

Chinese tourist knocked off her motorbike in attempted rape, say Facebook posters

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Posts on Facebook claimed that a young female Chinese tourist travelling alone had been sexually molested while riding a motorbike in Krabi.

She had been knocked off and then subjected to a rape attempt by two men before a husband and wife saved her, it was also claimed.

The story of the Chinese tourist - aged about 20 - came from posts by two hostels in the southern Thai resort area of Krabi.

In the first the owner of a hostel, Jay Boonruang, said that the tourist had stayed at her place then gone to Ao Nang for a few days.

On her return she was sad and had been injured.

She said that a man on another motorcycle had grabbed her breasts while going along the road and she had been knocked off.

She had to pay 1,500 baht to the rental company for the damage even though she was not at fault. The attacker just rode off laughing, she said.

She said that she was taken to the police but due to the fact that her English was non-existent she didn't know about the procedures at all and didn't get a report. She later flew to Bangkok where she was due to spend another 6 days.

She told the hostel owner that she had not told her parents.

However, following this post another appeared from a hostel in Ao Nang where a claim was made that the young woman was in fact subjected to an attempted rape by two men and her injuries were as a result of being dragged into some undergrowth.

The second post claimed that a husband and wife had arrived at the scene and stopped the rape.

They all called on the police to investigate and for the husband and wife to come forward and explain what they saw, reported Thai Rath who put "Amazing Thailand" in their headline.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-06

Well unless the girl spoke a specific dialect then there would be no problem in getting a proper interpreter for her.  Mandarin and Cantonese speakers are common in Thailand never more so than now.  As for her having the mentality of a 15 year old, that is highly debatable I would have thought.  In China I always used a Chinese interpreter (many of them young female university students) and they were far more savvy than most western girls I have come across.

17 hours ago, car720 said:

Doubly sad because, while a western woman at 20 is a lion with different stripes, a 20 year old Chinese woman still has the mentality and experience of a 15 year old.

You say lion, some say elephants.

28 minutes ago, car720 said:

I thought that would be obvious.

I teach in China and have a Chinese wife.

Is that sufficient?

So that includes all Chinese woman, according to you, based on the information that your married to one. My life experience has shown in all cultures some act their age, some are immature and some are more mature than their actual age. One brush does not paint everyone.

3 hours ago, car720 said:

Is that sufficient?

I worked in three different locations in China and never came across anything as generalised as you state.  Tend to agree with Colabamumbai on that one.

23 hours ago, car720 said:

Doubly sad because, while a western woman at 20 is a lion with different stripes, a 20 year old Chinese woman still has the mentality and experience of a 15 year old.

Possibly the most banal post of the year so far, well done.

6 hours ago, car720 said:

Is that sufficient?

No. it's not.  Neither is it sufficient for you to know that lions do not have stripes.  Neither is it sufficient to stop you from obviously inaccurate generalising that 20-year old Chinese women have the mentality of 15-year olds. 

10 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

So that includes all Chinese woman, according to you, based on the information that your married to one. My life experience has shown in all cultures some act their age, some are immature and some are more mature than their actual age. One brush does not paint everyone.

One brush does not paint everyone.

However, if I asked you for example about the average Thai student I am sure you would have an opinion based on experience.

My opinion is based on experience.

7 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

I worked in three different locations in China and never came across anything as generalised as you state.  Tend to agree with Colabamumbai on that one.

I teach these uni kids here every day and I can assure you that I come across them in every class, every day.

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No. it's not.  Neither is it sufficient for you to know that lions do not have stripes.  Neither is it sufficient to stop you from obviously inaccurate generalising that 20-year old Chinese women have the mentality of 15-year olds. 

Not my problem if you have a different perception from mine.

Archived