BANGKOK 27 March 2019 06:18

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bayport22

retirement visa extension 800k

Does anyone know rules about 800,000 baht must be in bank account 3 months before expiration of retirement visa.  do I have to keep that 800,000 baht level all the way

till date I go for visa extension?

Or can I have deposit 800,000 baht 3 months before, then start to withdraw up until extension date?

Or can I have deposit 800,000 baht 3 months before, then use money, then day before visit to immigration, bring my balance back up to 800,000 baht?

Many thanks

The balance must be 800,000 or more throughout the 3 month period, but the first time you do this (first extension after coming in on visa) I think it only has to be 60 days.

This means that annually, you will need to transfer in money 3 months before the end of your extension of stay in amount sufficient to cover your living costs for the next 3 months still leaving at least 800,000 remaining.

I use this method and do 1 transfer a year, 4 months before expiration of stay, usually enough to bring my balance up to 1 million baht, so that I can draw down on it without risk of falling below 800,000, and also keep bank fees to a minimum by doing only 1 transfer per year.

15 minutes ago, bayport22 said:

do I have to keep that 800,000 baht level all the way

till date I go for visa extension?

Simply: yes.

Slightest shortfall will bring you in trouble.

And as already written: 60 days for first extension.

Only after you have the stamp you can start spending.