Gambia apologises to Thailand over sex tourism comments

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, webfact said:

Earlier this month in a statement released to Reuters, Thailand’s tourism body distanced itself from its sex destination image, saying it “strongly opposes any form of sex tourism”.

Huh??  Were do you think all your money come from??  Do you have selected hearing??

40 minutes ago, flyingdoc said:

How dare anyone accuse Thailand of encouraging sex tourism?  Perish the thought !!

......whilst at the same time supplying half the migrant workers for that sex tourism?........:post-4641-1156694572:

A place that's considered a shithole ( in my opinion) shouldn't make remarks about a country where prostitution is handled less complicated than African countries do. 

It's like one idiot calls another idiot an idiot. The only difference in Gambia might be that the customers of prostitutes are mostly white women. 

Even the beach wasn’t safe from the sleaze. Walking along Gambia’s powdery shores I had soon found myself fending off three forceful young ladies who wanted to know if I fancied “some fun”.

“Wouldn’t you like to play with these?” asked one, pushing out her chest. I politely declined and made off at a jog. Hardy a relaxing stroll along the beach

Like Thailand and Brazil, Gambia has long had a reputation for sex tourism; unlike Thailand and Brazil, however, most holidaymakers seeking sex in this tiny West African nation seem to be white women. It’s not uncommon to see older ladies from Europe walking around with Gambian men half their age.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/africa/the-gambia/articles/how-gambia-plans-to-shed-its-sleazy-reputation/

1 minute ago, bizboi said:

Bit hypocritical for their politicians to complain they're above other people doing the same then isnt it?

I am a realist Thailand has its share of migrant sex workers, plus its not a one way street by any means

As far as what politicians say that just adds to the entertainment in any area

Does the Thai Tourist board really care who says what about Thailand with tourists at 37 million plus and rising each year the sexpots can go to Pattaya 

plenty of other places for the Family tourist to visit in Thailand 

37 million people plus and rising cant be wrong 

I'm not quite sure why anyone would care what a Gambian politician has to say about Thailand. Haven't been to Gambia and I'm sure the people are lovely, but I'm going to guess that the standard of living in Thailand is much better with or without sex tourism

What do you mean by sex tourism?

-"Sex tourism" is used when tourits travel to find Under-age boys or girls!This is forbidden bye the law...and minimum moral values!

-Sex between adults  is a matter of freedom and you can meet men or women all over the world...in Thailand as well as in Gambia or evrywhere on the planet!

So Thailand is not a "sex tourism destination"...it is a country of freedom and tolerance!

8 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

According to TAT , only 8 million visitors to Pattaya in the first half of 2017 so yeh obviously most dont bother lol.

Wow, just goes to show you how many sad Barstools there are in this world.

On 07/03/2018 at 7:29 AM, Justfine said:

Cambodia and Phils are the s destinations. Thailand is a mainstream destination.

You're aware that most sex tourists in the Gambia are elderly Farang women?

Certainly nothing in Pattaya for them anyway...

46 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

Gambia apologizes for telling people to go to Thailand if they're a sex tourist, Thaivisa runs the story and uses a photos of hookers. 

I find that honesty is the best policy, as long as my money is not involved

On 3/7/2018 at 5:31 AM, webfact said:

the remarks of the Minister are not to be construed as a reflection of the  Government’s view on the Tourism Sector of Thailand,”

Really? Well, surprise, surprise, it does reflect the general view of tourists across the world. And Gambia isn't responsible for that.

this is funny(strange)

i've been to gambia and i have been to thailand

the true gambian muslim women will not even look in your direction or speak to a foreign man

but gambia was a sex destination and the other west african women were the ones doing all the prostitution

nigerian women, sierra leonian women, guinean, ivoirean, malian,  all the other nations women were there donig whoring but the gambian government started to stamp it out and arrest foreign  prostitutes (hustlers) and harrass the hell out of them

but thailand is a sex destination so why the thai government screaming for???

90% of the young men are feminizing and becoming ladyboys to get money

1 hour ago, Emster23 said:

Maybe if you mixed with regular Thais you might realize that term is general usage, along with ting tong

I do mix with regular Thais in many different areas, as been working here for 25 years. I've lived in Bkk, Isarn, and Chiang Mai. I also speak fluent Thai, but think what you want, I'm not in the mood for arguing.

Archived