British man sent home from hospital with paracetamol after breaking neck in Phuket

webfact

10 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Negligence? A lot depends on the definition of a 'broken' neck. A hairline fracture can be difficult to detect, especially straight after an injury, where swelling has occurred. If this had been a serious break he would have been paralysed and not continued on for  3 months. I also notice that the original incident happened in 2015 so not exactly life-threatening but the timeline post injury is a bit lacking in the report.

Far easier to bash a hospital than actually be aware of the circumstances though. The source of this article is The Daily Mail- any Brit will be able to tell you that they love articles which get people frothing about 'Jonny Foreigner'.

To me this speaks volumes. Mr Frolov is now suing Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust for not carrying out an X-ray and has hired a legal firm who specializes in negligence to take up his case. 

And maybe his lawyer Sue Jackson works for Ambulance Chasers and Partners

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JAG said:

No, not at all. there is a world of difference between all us <deleted> who may use the NHS (I don't of course, living here) which we fund out of our taxes, and a compensation claim, intended to produce a cash sum from the NHS, such as the one which this fellow is making

He is making the claim due to incompetence of the hospital; nothing to do with his incompetence for jumping into shallow water.  Would you suggest such incompetent medical care is deserved?

13 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

Please reread the original because the medication was not from Thailand, which is what you appear to refer to in your comment.  The prescribed drugs came from a hospital in England.

But ... but ... Farang Land always good, Thailand always bad. 

13 hours ago, webfact said:

He was then transferred to Tunbridge Wells Hospital who sent him home with painkillers

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

The irony is that, even that paracetamol is locally made and sourly lacking the qualities

"sourly?"

Maybe he thinks Tunbridge Wells is located in Phuket.

Sort of illustrates the typical knee-jerk response of the Thai bashing fraternity.

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

He is making the claim due to incompetence of the hospital; nothing to do with his incompetence for jumping into shallow water.  Would you suggest such incompetent medical care is deserved?

How do you jump into shallow water and bang your head/break your neck?

9 hours ago, Donut21 said:

Not surprised,  Back in 2013 I went to a hospital in BKK with a pain in my right leg only to be sent away with some pain killers and a bill for 3000 Baht..  One week later in serious pain I managed to get home to the UK where I went to my local hospital.  I was found to have Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS).  6 months flat on my back.  Never go a hospital in Thailand.

GBS is an extremely rare condition, afflicting less than one in 100,000.

The symptoms are not immediately obvious on presentation and I am not surprised

that there may have been a mistaken diagnosis, especially given the cultural and linguistic

differences.

I am happy that you survived to tell the tale and 6 months incapacitated sounds nasty, but 

I wouldn't avoid visiting a Thai hospital purely on account of your sorry tale.

14 hours ago, Walter Travolta said:

where does it say he expected anything? A hospital is obliged to take care after an accident

Well the fact that he is suing them for not doing something that he thinks they should have would suggest that he expected them to do something that they allegedly didn't do, surely?

1 hour ago, Keesters said:

A really confusing article with an even more confusing headline. Broken neck or fractured?. Paracetamol given in Phuket or UK?

"I was in daily pain and the only pain relief I had was paracetamol and co-codamol.”

There is no mention of prescribed medication given in Phuket, even though he had an X ray there. However, the Tunbridge Wells hospital sent him home with the above drugs and no X ray.

Who was negligent? 

18 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

If I had cancer I'd go to Sloane-Kettering in NYC.

Mate do you think honestly he's a magician ????

For Cancer treatment there are international standards. "Even" Thai oncologists got the knowledge!

Sloan-Kettering is only the finest cancer hospital in the world--not an individual.

All I know is, if I'm injured or unusually ill in BKK, I'll go straight to Bumrungrad Hospital, which is supposed to be the best one in Southeast Asia. Probably better than all the public ones in Japan as well. (Yes--from experience and that of colleagues.)

6 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

Sloan-Kettering is only the finest cancer hospital in the world--not an individual.

Mate, the medicine for cancer is the same as used in Bangkok International, or other recommended hospitals in the world. And concerning accommodation and service I can't a find a better one than one of the best Thai Hospitals.

But sure you will have to pay a horrible price in YOUR hospital though it's nice to eat from real china or have finest night gowns or 24h movies......

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems to me that this story is more about a British hospital, than a Thai one, which makes me puzzled about the heading, which implies it was the Thai hospital that sent him home with paracetamol.

The OP itself makes it quite clear what happened here, as in who did or did not do whatever 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems to me that this story is more about a British hospital, than a Thai one, which makes me puzzled about the heading, which implies it was the Thai hospital that sent him home with paracetamol.

If you are still confused as to what happened then I suggest you read the OP again and again and etc etc

17 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Some people are just plain stupid. As Forest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does".

And that, Walter, answers your ridiculous comment about ".....breaking his own neck on purpose"!! 

Now, (patronising I say) please do try and have a nice day. :smile:

google sarcasm

stupid is as you say

9 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Well the fact that he is suing them for not doing something that he thinks they should have would suggest that he expected them to do something that they allegedly didn't do, surely?

no x-ray so he is suing. Should have dbl checked IMO

9 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

no x-ray so he is suing. Should have dbl checked IMO

13 hours ago, oldlakey said:

He should have gotten Antibiotics thats the miracle medicine here.

13 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Only if you have a viral infection

Antibiotics? -----For a viral infection?

20 hours ago, Cadbury said:

They may have incorrectly prescribed paracetamol instead of asprin which assists after a stroke.

Well by know everybody with a minimum of education knows that Aspirin Other than relieving headache also dilutes the blood and Paracetamol NOT !!!

21 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

You had a stroke so they treated your wife. Sounds like Thailand.

Well I thought you understood, they gave it to my wife to give it to me, I was half out of the picture !!!

@ Moonlover

A few words of friendly advice

Mind your manners Sir, please dont credit me with quotes I have not made

Check POST 62 for who made that Post, which was obviously made tongue in cheek

I responded in kind in POST 124 where I QUOTED POST 62 easy really, don't you know

Once you have sorted your manners go out and seek a sense of HUMOUR

If he had been in the US they would have definitely caught the problem and fixed it and might have  convinced him that he needed open heart surgery also.  He would have had to mortgage his house to pay the bills, a very expensive house would be required, and now would be a drug addict with all the opioids that they had prescribed.

Archived