7 French people arrested over kidnapping of a French woman

snoop1130

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, peperobi said:

The names of all those peoples do not sound really French!

50 years ago for sure! Nowadays...Real "new French names"

I have even read the most given first name in France today is Mohamed :biggrin:

They have round five millions of French people from Algerian Tunisian and Moroccan descent. 

12 minutes ago, wazzupnow said:

what is french about these 7 people pasport only i think

all coming from maroco  

most criminal nation in the world

It's quite a simple concept really. If you hold a passport of a country you are a citizen of that country. These people are French, unless the documents are bogus.

Their origins may trigger bigotry in some, but doesn't change nationality.

26 minutes ago, maximillian said:

You didn't bother to read my comment well enough. Where did I say that I agree with the criminals from the ex colonies ?  Without colonialism these individuals wouldn't be in Europe.

And yes, it is my dogmatic leftist opinion that colonialism and slavery are crimes against humanity.

Putting colonialism and slavery in the same bag is a crime against intelligence and discernment :saai:

French tourists face Phuket kidnapping charges over €5k death-threat ransom

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1520483438_1-org.jpg

Police in Phuket were unaware of the kidnapping and ransom demands until the woman filed a complaint at Chalong Police Station on Tuesday (Mar 6). Photos: Chalong Police

PHUKET: Seven French tourists have been arrested for kidnapping a 21-year-old Frenchwoman from Patong on Sunday night (Mar 4) and holding her for a ransom of 5,000 euros (about B194,000), which the victim’s family promptly paid from France after receiving a video threatening the woman’s safety.

All seven French nationals arrested are currently being held at Phuket Provincial Court, Chalong Police Chief Col Prachum Ruangthong told The Phuket News this morning (Mar 8).

The seven were named as: Idriss Sulliman, 25; Yann Kimulina, 25; Brahim Saifdine, 21; Mouhcin Wizkrane, 23; Yacine Maatoug, 32; Lydia Kouang Nlend, 21; and Sahra Zerari, 19.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/french-tourists-face-phuket-kidnapping-charges-over-€5k-death-threat-ransom-66262.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-03-08

6 hours ago, davehowden said:

I think they meant French passport holders, not French people ?

Oh, you thought French was an ethnicity rather than what it is, a nationality.  There are seven main ethnicities in France, one of them is the same as the main ethnic group in Algeria, which was of course a part of the same empire not that long ago, people with Berber ancestry in France are very much French.

6 hours ago, sebastion said:

French by paper.
North Africans by nature.
images%20(1).jpeg

Somehow, this lot weren't the types I remember meeting and interacting with during my past time in France, admittedly, years ago...  I guess I was hanging out in the wrong neighborhoods....

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

714 Euros each, Hardly big time pay off was it.......

Exactly, it's about 28,000 baht each. At this rate they have to kidnap a french every week or two just to get by.

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

Barack Hussein Obama....name don't sound really American.

They could be from any of the former French possessions in North and N.W. Africa, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Mauretania and others.

We're in the 21st century for Christ's sake, people emigrate and immigrate. 

France is no longer only Gauloises, baguettes, Brie, Kronenbourg biere and Clouseu.

They don't even have to be from former French colonies.  I was not born in any French possession and had no family links, but when I married, I applied for French nationality.  It was granted.  I am for admin,  purposes,  French.  I travel on a F. passport, I vote and am just like everyone else.  The only problem I have, is with French people in Thailand.  They don't like that I have citizenship.

The story is getting more weird.
Apparently, the victim didn't want to go report it to police and was coerced by the embassy officials to make the complaint to Chalong police.
She is still reluctant to proceed this to court.

I think someone said earlier. This is probably a set up to milk parents out of some cash.
They were friends, not random people meeting on a night out.

This story will disappear quietly as most do.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, pagallim said:

Not a given, however, not beyond the realms of possibility that the 'kidnapped' individual was actual in on the scam to get money from her parents.   I wonder which one of the males is her boyfriend?

7 hours ago, sebastion said:

French by paper.
North Africans by nature.
images%20(1).jpeg

Not North Africans names and nort Africans are not black.

'Nice' to see the usual tinfoil and racist comments.

Under the law they ARE French citizens like it or not. 

It's like 'white Australians' whinging about immigration (not that Horstrylians EVER whinge! :ph34r:)  but forgetting from whence their forebearers came!

Not North Africans names and nort Africans are not black.
Im willing to bet my entire life savings they are either Moroccans or Algerians.
Too light skinned to be from the Ivory coast.
Not disciplined enough and spoilt to be from Libya.

Either way its North Africa.

Archived