7 French people arrested over kidnapping of a French woman

snoop1130

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sebastion said:

Unable to organize a smooth decolonization process in the 1950s, France went through a violent and traumatizing one, especially in Algeria where the inedependence war lasted from 1954 to 1962 and ended almost as a civil war in France. In the early 1960s, almost all former French colonies had become independent countries. A few overseas territories remained and still are part of France. Former colonies, and particularly Algeria, demanded for their citizens a privileged right to immigrate in France : this is the reason for the presence in French cities of a large population of immigrants from Algeria and Western Africa who often face social and cultural problems, racism and unemployment.

https://www.understandfrance.org/France/History3.html

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

This lasted only a few years after the independence it stopped in 1974. After that the authorities implemented even a repatriation program. On the other hand family réunion was considered in some cases as the large population of single arab males was causing problems. You know, in those years I was there... There was also som joyous Arab bashing.

But to come back to the point, for at least 4 decades now, no country has be given privileged access to French territory.

8 hours ago, saakura said:

France is a democracy and the govt is elected by its citizens? It is the French government who makes the policies which allow these african muslims or chinese or others to easily migrate and become French citizens?

That's how democracies work. Citizens elects the government to make laws on their behalf. A direct referenda system doesn't really work. Look at the UK Brexit vote, public votes on complicated issues never yeilds clear majorities. Brexit has a weak mandate at best with only 53.4% in favour. Hence they're still squabbling over it and talks of possible 2nd vote... The country's more divided than ever. Plus if citizens are required to vote every time a law needs to be passed people will soon get sick of voting. The government usually sets the policy based on what the majority wants. If France didn't want those immigrants then they could have voted for Marine Le Pen, but they didn't.

Where is the photo of the victim?
Thats her sitting down in the original post.
Grey tracksuit pants.
The other people are tourist police and representatives from the French embassy.
That photo was taken before heading to the police station to file charges.

4 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

50 years ago for sure! Nowadays...Real "new French names"

I have even read the most given first name in France today is Mohamed :biggrin:

They have round five millions of French people from Algerian Tunisian and Moroccan descent. 

Top 20 surnames for 2017

10 hours ago, davehowden said:

I think they meant French passport holders, not French people ?

Sure.a bit like all non-native americans in USA being US-passport holders... and all non-aboriginals in oz being Oz-passport holders... dont break your head over this. I can understand it might confuse u a little...

On 3/8/2018 at 9:12 AM, carabaothai said:

Idriss Sulliman, 25 year old Yann Kimulina, 21 year old Brahim Saifdine, 23 year old Mouhcin Wizkrane, 32 year old Yacine Maatoug, 21 year old Lydia Kouang Nlend and 19 year old Sahra Zerari, for kidnapping and physically abusing a 21 year old French woman.

French passport but not French named

Bad for France to read this and that everybody read only "French" =bad

True ! I am French (100 %  Alsace and Bourgogne ), for me these people are not French, as you say they are French for historical reasons ; its always a shame to see that these " dark skin people " make a bad reputation in Thailand for French people

by the names, I think there is a mix of North Africa and Black Africa

Putting colonialism and slavery in the same bag is a crime against intelligence and discernment :saai:

The French government sought to promote plantation economies in its West Indies colonies. With capital, credit, technology -- and slaves -- borrowed from the Dutch, these islands began to thrive as sugar export centers. The Dutch established the first successful French sugar mill in 1655. By 1670, Martinique, Guadeloupe, ...

I certainly won't bother to explain 1+1=2 :saai:

Tchooptip, you are running out of arguments.

The French government sought to promote plantation economies in its West Indies colonies. With capital, credit, technology -- and slaves -- borrowed from the Dutch, these islands began to thrive as sugar export centers. The Dutch established the first successful French sugar mill in 1655. By 1670, Martinique, Guadeloupe, ...

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

So zinedine zidane is also not French. Time to return some trophies.

Good! The average poster here is xenophobic to the bone but goes crybabby when the Thai call them farang or overprice them for being "foreigner". That's the great thing about rightwingers: it's always the OTHERS who are bad, wrong, stupid, etc.

6 minutes ago, Aforek said:

True ! I am French (100 %  Alsace and Bourgogne ), for me these people are not French, as you say they are French for historical reasons ; its always a shame to see that these " dark skin people " make a bad reputation in Thailand for French people

No need, white french have already the worst reputation all over the world as expats and tourists.  Just type worst tourists in the world and you will be well served.

BTW, your white "real" french have been arrested recently for killing and that's not first time.  

10 hours ago, saakura said:

France is a democracy and the govt is elected by its citizens? It is the French government who makes the policies which allow these african muslims or chinese or others to easily migrate and become French citizens?

The origin of this matter of fact is a law known as "regroupement familial" which in 1976 when Giscard d'Estaing was president, allowed foreign workers from some countries (french ex colonies) to make their families come and live with them. The effects are that their children, as they born on the French soil are french... easy to understand  the humanitarian reasons of the law, but uneasy to forsee the consequences, mostly in the present geopolitical context...

5 minutes ago, Petchou said:

No need, white french have already the worst reputation all over the world as expats and tourists.  Just type worst tourists in the world and you will be well served.

BTW, your white "real" french have been arrested recently for killing and that's not first time.  

Alsacers were Germanic people "originally" as far as i remember... 

32 minutes ago, Petchou said:

You are right , some real French are bad , too,  like every other people in the world ; as for me, I am a good guy, and Thai people like me :smile:

6 hours ago, maximillian said:

You didn't bother to read my comment well enough. Where did I say that I agree with the criminals from the ex colonies ?  Without colonialism these individuals wouldn't be in Europe.

And yes, it is my dogmatic leftist opinion that colonialism and slavery are crimes against humanity.

I agree that colonialism and slavery were wrong - but they were done by other people hundreds of years ago. Another ploy of the dogmatic leftist is to make whites feel guilty for things they had nothing to do with.

8 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Arent we in Phuket so lucky ?

This new class  of  mongrel dog has decided that Phuket is  a great place  invade in packs ..

A number of us  locals had  been observing these  particular animals  above since the first  4 new T Max rentals came 2 weeks back. Since then there has been no peace on that usually quiet Soi , just  loud and excruciating French rap ,  even louder voices , and squeelling tires. Complaining neighbours have been threatened..

These animals  are the  same 'type' that set off from Patong to Laem Singh  in aggressive flotillas  every day in High Season ,  running the reds in Kamala  ,  breaking any law they can ,  and using the public riders like slalom poles.  They  speed on their rental  TMaxs  like  they're in a Grand Prix.

They make the Chinese  tourists look like The Waltons .

I have no idea why there  is no 'crackdown' on these scum...

I have seen them last few weeks on their T Maxes flying around Patong, you can not miss them; weaving in/out of traffic,the two in middle bottom pics overtook me last week in Karon just after circle and then ripped it up the front, no helmets just noise, indicators constantly flashing, a pair of complete d i ck$ and accidents waiting to happen, so hoped Police had the checkpoint at end of the rd near left turn junction into town but no both on brand new T maxes

3 hours ago, sebastion said:

Im willing to bet my entire life savings they are either Moroccans or Algerians.
Too light skinned to be from the Ivory coast.
Not disciplined enough and spoilt to be from Libya.

Either way its North Africa.

Ok, you got a bet, I say some of them are sub Saharan in descent.  What's your life savings worth?

2 hours ago, Aforek said:

"100% Alsace and Bourgogne"? That's funny I was born 14km from Mulhouse, (65 years ago) and never was given a chance to feel truly French. And to be frank with you, I don't even want to image what "French for historical reasons" could mean. But I am quite happy that the what's left French of me belongs to a rainbow nation thats has been able to avoid the pitfalls of neo-nazism, unlike some of our neighbours.

25 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

"100% Alsace and Bourgogne"? That's funny I was born 14km from Mulhouse, (65 years ago) and never was given a chance to feel truly French. And to be frank with you, I don't even want to image what "French for historical reasons" could mean. But I am quite happy that the what's left French of me belongs to a rainbow nation thats has been able to avoid the pitfalls of neo-nazism, unlike some of our neighbours.

You are free to have your opinion, I don't change mine for you; if you don't understand " French for historical reasons ", I am sorry for you, but it's not the subject of the post

I just read from news in French that the " French " people come from the surburb of Paris and that they  are known by the police for drug traffic ; you know, these people who don't work, have much money and come and  spend their money in Pataya or Pukhet; Thai police must be used to these sort of people

they will be judged in Thailand because the girl  ( broken nose but not raped ) has complained with the police

Archived