Universities In Samut Prakan

crabstix

I'd like to know several things about Samut Prakan. Are there any universities there where a qualified teacher can teach English as a second language? I am willing to teach either highschool or univeristy level as I have a bachelor degree, a TEFL qualification and 7 years teaching experience. Also how is the air quality there? Is it as bad as say Chiang Mai? I suffer from asthma.

Thanks

As someone who lived a year in Samutprakan, before moving to Chiang Mai I feel I can answer your air quality question.

Samutprakan makes Chiang Mai seem like a Swiss village high in the alps. It is Thailand's factory province. The air quality is terrible. It is also the countries most populous province, per square kilometre!

You should be able to pick up work, although I'm not sure if you would get straight into a university position. A lot of jobs are held by long-term residents. If you were to go you would be able to pick up something better the longer you stayed there.

As someone who lived a year in Samutprakan, before moving to Chiang Mai I feel I can answer your air quality question.

Samutprakan makes Chiang Mai seem like a Swiss village high in the alps. It is Thailand's factory province. The air quality is terrible. It is also the countries most populous province, per square kilometre!

You should be able to pick up work, although I'm not sure if you would get straight into a university position. A lot of jobs are held by long-term residents. If you were to go you would be able to pick up something better the longer you stayed there.

Thanks a lot for the useful info. You've made it easier for me to make a decision. No point moving somewhere no matter how well paid the job is if I won't be able to breathe!

No disrespect to anyone who lives in Samutprakan, but I thought the place was a dump - the one saving grace is that it's so close to Bangkok .

You ever been to the northern part of Suphan?

Aside from the time rice farmers burn their fields (do the same in CM), the air quality is nowhere as bad as you make it out.

The southern end of the province at he BKK end is indeed rather grimy but around Samchuk, it's all rather bucholic with none of the 'dump' features you describe. :o