Panther stalks Italian-Thai offices

snoop1130

Panther stalks Italian-Thai offices

By Rachanon Intharagsa 
The Nation

510b6fc88c8dec5f2870ed87db44d30b.jpeg

Fans of the Facebook page “A Call for Animal Rights Thailand” hold an event with artists painting graffiti depicting a black leopard on a shop wall on Phetchburi Road on Thursday.

The shop is near the headquarters of Italian-Thai Development Plc, whose president Premchai Karnasuta is accused of poaching protected animals, including a leopard. 

The shop’s owner permitted the artists’ work after similar pieces on public property had been painted over.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30340512

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-3-8

10 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I note Premchai has been allowed out of the country on a business trip in his own private jet.  He is scheduled to return on Sunday to face fresh charges of attempted bribery.  We shall see.

Attempted bribery? I didn't read this. If true, you'd hope this suddenly got even more serious.

I would say it is the opinion of many that a company like Ital Thai hasn't succeeded because of business acumen or being particularly good at anything. But rather then win contracts because of the connections and envelopes. They don't need Premchai to do this. In fact they might their construction related metrics might improve without him.

2 hours ago, Katipo said:

Attempted bribery? I didn't read this. If true, you'd hope this suddenly got even more serious.

I would say it is the opinion of many that a company like Ital Thai hasn't succeeded because of business acumen or being particularly good at anything. But rather then win contracts because of the connections and envelopes. They don't need Premchai to do this. In fact they might their construction related metrics might improve without him.

Greasing the wheel is common practice in the business industry

There was a animal cruelty charge too, but that was dropped because the captain in charge who initially accepted that charge was force to drop it by higher ups because of a lame reason saying something along the lines of animal cruelty law does not specify what types of animals falls under the law.

8 hours ago, Katipo said:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30340435

Archived