Video: "I had a bad back" excuse as man fined 500B for playing cat and mouse with an ambulance

snoop1130

Video: "I had a bad back" excuse as man fined 500B for playing cat and mouse with an ambulance

ghg.JPG

A man who repeatedly blocked the path of an ambulance with its siren wailing in Chiang Mai has been fined 500 baht.

He claimed he had taken powerful painkillers for a bad back and this made him blurred and tired.

Pol Lt Col Phongsak Reuankaew of Maejo police acted swiftly when dash cam footage from the ambulance was posted on Facebook.

The 30 year driver - named only as "A" -  was fined 500 baht for not letting the ambulance pass. 

The footage showed him repeatedly cut in front of the ambulance and even brake hard with Daily News saying he seemed intent on causing an accident. 

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-3-8

500 Baht for driving like that? Bullshit! he should have been charged with driving under the influence of narcotics, dangerous driving, reckless driving and even though I am not sure if it is a criminal offense, being a total A-Hole on the road.

500 baht for purposely blocking an ambulance through dangerous driving.....obviously not as serious as dropping a cigarette butt on the sidewalk...... where i come from judges wear wigs, here they should wear orange wigs and red plastic noses.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A man who repeatedly blocked the path of an ambulance with its siren wailing in Chiang Mai has been fined 500 baht.

for this behavior the guy is fined the price of a meal; thailand,thailand,thailand {head-in-hands}, so far behind

On average I see more people letting ambulances pass them than before. Quite a bit of improvement over the last five years. In Canada you have to pull over and stop but the ambulance is usually gone before you come to a complete stop. The whole thing takes a few seconds, no big deal.

Officer: i am pulling you over for not stopping at a red light.

Driver: its not my fault. I didnt know i had to stop cause i have no license. And the breaks on this car are bad, so i wouldnt even be able to stop on time if i wanted to.

Officer: hmmmmm

Driver: I am a yaba seller with 50.000 pills in the back. And accidently took one this morning, i can barely think straight.

Officer: i see, those are all valid excuses. I will still give you a ticket of 500 baht and then you can continue on your way.

Driver: thank you. Bye bye.

Amazing Thailand

Well, if he had been taking 'that much' medicine for a bad back he shouldn't have been driving anyway...or if he was in 'that much' pain he shouldn't have attempted to drive in the first place. Not that I believe that story anyway...maybe high on something else and couldn't give a damn about the Ambulance. Idiot! 500 Baht fine???? That would improve behaviour either!

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

500 Baht for driving like that? Bullshit! he should have been charged with driving under the influence of narcotics, dangerous driving, reckless driving and even though I am not sure if it is a criminal offense, being a total A-Hole on the road.

He claimed he had taken powerful painkillers for a bad back and this made him blurred and tired. So why is he driving this is a DUI offense book him and take away his license  for Live don't let him drive a Motor vehicle again.

1 hour ago, DieterWiehe said:

He claimed he had taken powerful painkillers for a bad back and this made him blurred and tired. So why is he driving this is a DUI offense book him and take away his license  for Live don't let him drive a Motor vehicle again.

Just what I was thinking. ' My vision was blurred and I was tired ' Ok fair enough of you go , have a nice day '.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Justice served then

5000 baht per group member for having photos taken on a temple.... something similar for throwing bread crumbs to fishes from a tourist boat.... 

priorities are, as we know, somewhat backwards.... but with social media being the new starting point for police action, it’s good to see the disgust shown by Thais towards Thais... is this the beginnings s of a solution

Archived