Video: "I had a bad back" excuse as man fined 500B for playing cat and mouse with an ambulance

snoop1130

While I agree with every one on here about the appallingly low level of punishment awarded to this <deleted> <deleted>wipe, could I respectfully ask other commentators to consider the following: What is the average daily wage here in Thailand ? I believe it to be about 300 to 350 Baht a day, or thereabouts. So the guy has effectively been fined close to 1 1/2 days wages, what was your average daily wage in your respective home countries ? I'm pretty sure that a fine of 1 1/2 days wages would hurt you.

Please remember I am in no way condoning his actions, his car should have been seized and crushed, his licence revoked for life and charged with DUI at the very least.

I would be interested in your thoughts on the comparison of the effect of the fine.

He should have been charged with reckless driving and putting others life in danger – blocking a potential life-saving ambulance – I can easily imagine a country where one most likely would loose the Drivers License for doing something like that...:post-4641-1156693976:

Also, I forgot to add people driving old junk cars have higher tendency to do these kind of stupid things, knowing they have nothing to lose in case crash happens. Looking at his car, don't think he have even 50B to pay, let alone 500B.

Thai justice is a laugh, with that explanation they should fine him 50.000 baht and confiscate his car and license to drive. (if he had a license)

Keep in mind, 500 baht for Thai people in case it's a farang it would be 5000 baht, don't forget the double pricing.

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

While I agree with every one on here about the appallingly low level of punishment awarded to this <deleted> <deleted>wipe, could I respectfully ask other commentators to consider the following: What is the average daily wage here in Thailand ? I believe it to be about 300 to 350 Baht a day, or thereabouts. So the guy has effectively been fined close to 1 1/2 days wages, what was your average daily wage in your respective home countries ? I'm pretty sure that a fine of 1 1/2 days wages would hurt you.

Please remember I am in no way condoning his actions, his car should have been seized and crushed, his licence revoked for life and charged with DUI at the very least.

I would be interested in your thoughts on the comparison of the effect of the fine.

The point of issuing a fine (or jail time, if warranted, as in for deliberately causing reckless endangerment to whoever was in the ambulance ) is to make the repercusive punishment harsh... harsh enough to prevent recidivism... and harsh enough to send a message to others, that this will not be tolerated.

500 baht does neither, regardless of ones daily wage.

the last time I really screwed the pooch, it cost me two months wages (not days), plus a 2000 aud fine, plus 3000 aud for a power pole, plus 10,000 aud for a replacement car.... close to 25,000 aud.... in those days, about 1/2 my annual income

drunk, off the road.. took out a power pole, (only myself hurt).....some 30 years ago.... and I’ve never been stopped by the police since... because the penalty was enough to prevent recidivism.... 500 bahtk, on the other hand (or a day’s pay, if you prefer) would not have

On 3/8/2018 at 8:12 PM, snoop1130 said:

He claimed he had taken powerful painkillers for a bad back and this made him blurred and tired.

Then he should also have been heavily fined and banned for driving while under the influence of drugs!

• 1 month later...
On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:33 PM, darksidedog said:

500 Baht for driving like that? Bullshit! he should have been charged with driving under the influence of narcotics, dangerous driving, reckless driving and even though I am not sure if it is a criminal offense, being a total A-Hole on the road.

Exactly !   Clearly a case of driving while intoxicated by alcool or drug  ( medicine included ) But here you can not call the cops  ( I mean real patrol car that stop people on the road )  to stop this guy on the road.

Archived