Crackdown on illegal teachers: Police target international schools in "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner" campaign

webfact

The subjects format may change, what should be seen is can you as the teacher change? Can you sit down read up a subject, and then walk into a classroom and pass that knowledge on to different groups of student while taking into account the groups abilities, and in ways that help the students retain the information you are giving them? You may well be able to handle a scooter to get to work, and you have the basic knowledge to jump on 750 cc sports bike and make it move, But without restudying and updating your knowledge on it and the effect of conditions to use it, you are likely to come off sooner rather than later! 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to agree the Filipinos, are encouraged to leave their country to get work, many are very religious, and their degrees seem to all come from religious universities, Like false , but, government approved! and most seem to be qualified mainly for kindergarten as their ages show, those who older seem to be married with a another qualified teacher and have child, and like the fleas on my dog once one is established there are more waiting to join, even to the point that they go to different schools near each other, and all the others that come are related, and then the noose is tighten, they stop talking to the western teachers, start gossip and telling tales. Has their all families together, they know how to always be there, as the life is religion and community, But ask them to work Saturdays! or go away with students for the weekend Na! 

• 6 months later...
On 3/9/2018 at 2:02 AM, simon43 said:

LoL, when I worked as a Tourist Police Officer in Phuket, some foreign tourists would ask me what my role was.

I would explain that my role was to protect foreign tourists from the Thai police, (a tongue-in-cheek statement, but sometimes not far from the truth).

Only Thais can be tourist police. Are you Thai? Or were you a police volunteer? Big difference

• 4 weeks later...

These people are just trying to help that's all. Thailand has a serious problem with English as a second language, see what I mean? And these so called illegal teachers are just trying to be helpful.

Why don't they spend more time to deal with yaba problem, Murder problems, Traffic problems, these are serious problems.

Just leave those teachers alone everybody will be happy.

I know people from the UK feel threatened by the number of darker skinned and Muslim people coming to your country. But you guys colonized half the world and ruled with utter brutality in India, Africa, and the Caribbean. Then to ease a guilty conscience,  Britain allowed free immigration from the former colonies. You sew what you reap.

As did the Spanish and Portuguese in South America the French in North Africa and other parts of Africa and of course Indo China the Belgians were also partial to a bit of colonisation Angola for example and of course the Belgian Congo and you can also add the Dutch in to mix if you wish and the Germans who had a presence in East Africa
Colonising and subjugating was not just a British thing all the major powers from Europe were doing the same
Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 3/24/2018 at 12:17 AM, jenny2017 said:

Spot on! I had to watch quite a lot of demonstration lessons given by applicants who wanted a job at a primary school. There were times when I had to leave the room, it's not fun at all. 

A question for a primary science teacher: " What would be the outcome if a herbivore and an omnivore would reproduce?" :shock1:

Although the thread is ancient I'll have a go at the answer.

Way back then who knows what was doing it with what so there might have been all sorts of whatevers that never got past one life cycle. Maybe back then something did 'it' with something else and we ended up with what we call us. ????????????

Sad really because it could have gone a little bit different and we wouldn't be trying to wipe out different branches of 'us' and two people would only produce 1 offspring usually and maximum of two sometimes so things might be more likely to balance out, on average.

PS

Not serious post. ????????

Edit.

Just did some research and the answer is so obvious.

You get an Ozzie Drop Bear.

7720bc1ca3b3a12228bafd60fecae1cf.jpg

15 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

The title "International School" is thrown around awfully lightly...rather like the title "engineer." 

It means a school with a recognized international school curriculum, it says nothing about quality of the education they provide, that is assured by associations, CIS, IB and BSO, and none of those give anything away lightly, I think there are only around 10 in Thailand that are associates whereas there are over 100 international schools.

Archived