Crackdown on illegal teachers: Police target international schools in "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner" campaign

webfact

50 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Foreigners are only barely tolerated in this country, if you think otherwise you are only kidding yourself. 

Utter nonsense. If you live here, learn the language, connect with locals, you will be accepted. If you think and act like you are better then them, speak like they are trash, then you will get a different approach. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Check out the masks. It's as if they are worried about catching something from those nasty 'outlaw foreigners'.

If you knew anything about the people and their culture, you would know they do this because they have a cold and don't want to infect people.  

so teaching illegally is now a "gateway drug" to romance scams, prostitution, call center activities, human trafficking and drug related crime?

That would have never occurred to me. 

So tell again, why is it that schools can't hire who they want but the government can tell them who they can hire?

These people that don't qualify as teachers, has the government ever met these people? The schools have, and they feel comfortable having them teach their students. But the government who has never met them says they can't. How does that even remotely make any sense?

The school administrators are not smart enough to hire their own teaches based on what they consider what a good teacher is, but the government who has failed at just about everything knows better. pffffffffffft! 

We're going to get better teacher as we get fewer fatalities on the roads too, right?

The government has failed miserably with educating the Thai people, let the schools do their jobs and you do something else like traffic enforcement.

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

might be a good reason why it wasn't 'explained' publicly;

putting the two words together 'outlaw' as adjective to 'foreigner' is yet another example of thais underscoring their desired self-aggrandizement of thais over non-thais; some call it racism

Yep, couldn't agree more.

And the truth is, if there were any competent Thais (:cheesy:) that could do the job, they probably wouldn't have to turn a blind eye to this in the schools. :coffee1:

4 minutes ago, gr8fldanielle said:

so teaching illegally is now a "gateway drug" to romance scams, prostitution, call center activities, human trafficking and drug related crime?

That would have never occurred to me. 

So tell again, why is it that schools can't hire who they want but the government can tell them who they can hire?

These people that don't qualify as teachers, has the government ever met these people? The schools have, and they feel comfortable having them teach their students. But the government who has never met them says they can't. How does that even remotely make any sense?

The school administrators are not smart enough to hire their own teaches based on what they consider what a good teacher is, but the government who has failed at just about everything knows better. pffffffffffft! 

We're going to get better teacher as we get fewer fatalities on the roads too, right?

The government has failed miserably with educating the Thai people, let the schools do their jobs and you do something else like traffic enforcement.

The schools feel comfortable having them teach their students, because they're cheap, and because they entered the country illegally or are on overstay, they're unlikely to complain and risk getting arrested.

It's not just the government's fault that Thailand spends so much on education for such meagre returns. The schools do a terrible job too. Overpriced, greed-driven diploma mills.

"There are so many degree-less, on fake degrees, and on tourist visa working white people that it can only be a matter of time until this bubble will blow. "

Really? been here 20 years with people always saying that and guess what. that bubble has never blown and i doubt it ever will

In many cases, the school should be blamed. e.g. my school "manages" documents to Non-B and work permit for about 5 months. I have a contract but they are continuously managing documents requested by the embassy for issuing a Non B visa. Their actions are so unprofessional, one can never believe.

I am pretty sure I am not the only teacher suffering from the same mismanagement.

Some other schools, yes, they force their teachers to work without WP, from the less preferably nations, like Indian, Philippine, and of course Africa. Before someone would racism the most of the schools have problem with their English, rather than their colour.

2 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

Strange is the raids is at the end of the school year, They waited to schools out for summer, means that the school won't be paying the last month salary to the teachers, but, who will get the money?

guess

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Raids based on color, not qualifications. Shame shame shame Thailand!

Every dark skinned person who hides in the shadows after dark in lower Sukhumvit and hassles passers by to buy drugs is a criminal and should be arrested in raids targetting criminal dark skinned people.

These people come in on tourist, student and teaching visas and corrupt the system by engaging in crime.

Good on the RTP. Keep up the good work.  These people should move to the Philippines where a special sort of welcome will be waiting for them.

37 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

That is incorrect.

The mongrel language of the world, and a patchwork tongue of trade, migration, empires and historical movement, Pidgin English, in its varying forms is a lingua franca - a simplified bridge language evolving through necessity, after extended contact between groups without a single common language.

Did you mean Patois? Which is spoken in Jamaica and elsewhere?

Why would Thais speak Patois?

Patois doesn't really mean anything, it is a borrow word from French and is used to mean various things, you mean Jamaican Creole, which is actually an English dialect that is evolving directly out of Caribbean pidgins.

Anyway, pidgins need to be learned just like any other dialect, they have their own dictionaries and there is not a Thai Pidgin English, perhaps you could call Tinglish a pidgin that is in its development but even if you did it would be in its very early stages with just a few bar inhabitants of Nana able to speak it properly.

6 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Nope.

You will never be Thai, even with a Thai passport, Thai wife and Thai children.

You will always be an alien, without exception. 

They certainly will treat you better if you are not a complete ar*e, but don't ever mistake that they will take you as one of their own. 

He said be accepted.  He did not say become a Thai.

Similar to some posters accepting to live here when obviously they are miserable tossers who have nothing positive to say about Thais and their culture.

5 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Nope.

They certainly will treat you better if you are not a complete ar*e, but don't ever mistake that they will take you as one of their own. 

Very true.

It is not a pleasure to meet deluded Caucasians gassing on about how assimilated they are,

They have an extremely severe case of self delusion.

They may not delude me but how many people on the internet do they fool?

Utter nonsense. If you live here, learn the language, connect with locals, you will be accepted. If you think and act like you are better then them, speak like they are trash, then you will get a different approach. 
I assume he's talking about the government, police and authorities and not about the people itself.
If not, I agree with you.

21 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Nope.

I never said I would be Thai and don't have the desire to become one. I DO have good friends and family members AND I know people who don't like me at all (and the other way around).

6 hours ago, Happy enough said:

wouldn't have thought they'd be able to get jobs at international schools? thought maybe local high schools or crappy language schools

Nigerian English Teachers? This will for sure improve the pronunciation skills of or friends.

1 minute ago, jobwolf said:

Nigerian English Teachers? This will for sure improve the pronunciation skills of or friends.

Yes, I must admit that I personally find the Nigerian accent the most difficult to understand of all - a real challenge sometimes!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Crackdown on illegal teachers: Police target international schools

They could have caught many but for now: Schools are out for the Thai summer...

How do africans even get into an international lel alone illegally?

I know actually. A Nigerian  scum bucket I worked with, salary 150,000 a month, offered the school admin 30,000 a month...... he kept the job, she got richer and he ended boning her as a bonus!

2 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

It appears they are racially profiling - there must be hundreds of western teachers working illegally for various private language schools, big and small, why not target them?

Didn't you just complain and then suggest more racial profiling? Fact is, as I know loads, Africans here, teachers included, are so likely to be involved in dark crap when not working, screwing mattayom students, which I know has happened................. Their cultures do not generally look down on such behaviours and so they brimg them with them..... Just like other cultures bring their cultural norms too

1 minute ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Try dis to unstan mo.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin

Well..when I lived in England any accent north of the Watford Gap was utterly incomprehensible until I reached Edinburgh..when they said "Any English north of the Watford Gap is utterly incomprehensible-except ours!"

Cricket an'80 shillin' beer was the lingua franca....:smile:

1 hour ago, ostyan said:

In many cases, the school should be blamed. e.g. my school "manages" documents to Non-B and work permit for about 5 months. I have a contract but they are continuously managing documents requested by the embassy for issuing a Non B visa. Their actions are so unprofessional, one can never believe.

I am pretty sure I am not the only teacher suffering from the same mismanagement.

Some other schools, yes, they force their teachers to work without WP, from the less preferably nations, like Indian, Philippine, and of course Africa. Before someone would racism the most of the schools have problem with their English, rather than their colour.

You are an English teacher???

Archived