Crackdown on illegal teachers: Police target international schools in "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner" campaign

webfact

8 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

In 1950s Britain, the Golliwog symbol and sticker on Robertson's jam was what some kids collected. It is no longer available in the PC world we live in.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=robertson's+jam&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiene_Ugd_ZAhUHpo8KHTkhD5AQ_AUICigB&biw=1323&bih=610

i remember collecting  the little solid metal badges of the orchestra.

Never have cared for Pc,  it's slowly destroying the world of free thinking.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, stanleycoin said:

i remember collecting  the little solid metal badges of the orchestra.

Never have cared for Pc,  it's slowly destroying the world of free thinking.

No it isn't.

Still,there is that problem in "Dambusters" which seems to be insurmountable..

29 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yeah?

Next  time round in English,if you please.

Tried the PC route, obviously it doesn't work for me...  Now back to our regular scheduled programming ...blatant and shooting from the hip.  :signthaivisa:

35 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

--Targeting people of a particular skin color, who may or may not be more likely than others to commit crimes, is simple racial profiling and racism, no other way about it.

Totally disagree. In London about 90% of all knife crime is committed by black , mostly in gangs. Records now show stop for knives  search is 80% black I think. Is is wrong to target black people who are committing the crimes and murder ? I would say no. Profiling yes, racist no. Stopping and search bearded Asians getting on train with rucksacks to me is caution - not racism - you would hardly search little old white or black granny would you for Islamic terrorism.

Racial profiling is not racist. If the ethnic group (white, black, asian whatever) stopped committing the crimes then maybe the profiling would stop. Only themselves to blame. 

5 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Do they even answer the phone or speak in English if you call them these days?

Used to be un-contactable, and if by some miracle you managed to get through to report a crime as a tourist they weren't able to speak even pidgin English. 

A few months ago I got a traffic ticket. I called the tourist police number 1155 and spoke with someone who answered all my questions in fluent English. 

I also ran into a tourist police officer at a McThai restaurant who also spoke English well. 

9 hours ago, simon43 said:

LoL, when I worked as a Tourist Police Officer in Phuket, some foreign tourists would ask me what my role was.

I would explain that my role was to protect foreign tourists from the Thai police, (a tongue-in-cheek statement, but sometimes not far from the truth).

That's funny because I always considered the tourist police to be the police who arrest the tourists.

9 hours ago, JAG said:

Some are schools which employ people from a large selection of foreign countries. Fees are less, but still high and the quality of education is crap...

Something like Sarasas schools, me wonders?!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

144 ‘coloured’ foreigners rounded up nationwide

By The Nation

039ae183385e077ac915018ea5377c56-sld.jpe

Tourist police last night rounded up 144 foreigners, most of them from Nigeria and Cameroon, in a race-based campaign targeting “coloured” people engaged in various crimes.

Tourist police deputy chief Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpal, who spearheaded the raids, also repeated his order for a nationwide search for "illegal" foreigners.

Surachet changed the name of the ongoing operation from “Operation Black Eagles” to “X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner” as police searched 110 spots around the country.

The night’s raids resulted in 144 arrests, Surachet said at a 1:40am post-raid press conference at the Rotfai Market on Ratchadapisek Road in Bangkok’s Din Daeng district.

In Bangkok alone 41 were arrested, 25 for allegedly having unlawfully entered the kingdom, 15 for overstaying their visas and three over drug use.

Surachet said all those arrested would be blacklisted and deported.

He told reporters that the searches focussed on "coloured" people who came to use Thailand to carry out various crimes, including romance scams, call-centre scams, prostitution, human trafficking and drug trafficking.

Surachet said some illegal foreigners had come to work as English teachers in international or bilingual schools, including teaching English to kindergarten kids in Chon Buri.

Police would later check with the schools to discover whether the English teachers have legal document to live in the Kingdom, Surachet added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340552

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-09

Look at the obese guy in the far left of the picture. How does he manage to become a policeman, any kind of policeman? Imagine being a naughty boy and him chasing you. Oh! don't tell me, brown envelopes. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Look at the obese guy in the far left of the picture. How does he manage to become a policeman, any kind of policeman? Imagine being a naughty boy and him chasing you. Oh! don't tell me, brown envelopes. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

he isn't that fat mate. just quite a big bloke that's all

I can easily guess what several of the posts in this thread are like : praising the Thai police for this operation, just because of the race-based aspect of it. Sad.

It IS really sad, what this world is coming to. Especially with the victory of Trump, bigotry has become sort of 'fashionable'. And, a lot of the time, it is being done 'in the name of being anti-PC', which is a lame excuse for the bigotry.

The bigotry coming from Islamists and 'White-Power' types is really a blow to human decency, I think. Two main threats to humanity, in my opinion (and hence my signature in this forum; hehe).

If the Police must target illegal workers, they should target them regardless of ethnic origin, race, nationality, etc.

The move is the move isn’t really appreciative but why target only some of the entire lot.. there are several illegals working as teachers on tourist visas and without work permits.. most of them are from the so called English speaking countries but the majority doesn’t have degrees ..taxi drivers plumbers tinkers electricians ... u name them and they are all here English teachers... hahahaha.. target those illegals and clean up the mess.. at least I believe that most of these people from Africa have degrees though they might be illegals ... 

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

--Targeting people of a particular skin color, who may or may not be more likely than others to commit crimes, is simple racial profiling and racism, no other way about it.

And in this case they are more likely to commit crimes.

You have just stated a great case for racial profiling. If a racial sub-group won't police themselves and refuse to change their thieving and scamming ways, then why should the police target white grannies or Asian toddlers?

You complain about the police for arresting African serial criminals for illegal entry, overstay, unqualified to teach, no work permit, drug dealing, scamming, pedophilia.

Police doing a job tax payers pay them to do. Nothing racist about it.

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

Okey dokey because this is one heck of an interesting conversation:smile:

the truth be known. i love it when i see them clearing out all those africans because, and i don't care if people call me racist. 99% as i have said before are up to no good. mop them up and <deleted> them off and keep on doing it until the message gets through

21 minutes ago, chippendale said:

Police doing a job tax payers pay them to do. Nothing racist about it.

It wouldn't be racist, if they were devoting equal attention to all the non-black overstayers, illegal enterers and bogus teachers. And there certainly are plenty of those.

But only the blacks are being targeted by the Thai police in these campaigns. There's only one word to call that kind of policing.

Archived