Crackdown on illegal teachers: Police target international schools in "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner" campaign

webfact

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, H1w4yR1da said:

"Surachet - the deputy commissioner for the tourist police."

And people still think the Tourist Police are there to assist tourists ..... they're there to POLICE the tourists. To make sure they don't cause trouble.

just because they  make sure tourists don't cause trouble doesnt mean they dont also assist 

So these guys will be in deep shit.. Poor souls. Targeted as blacks dark skinned criminals, drug addicts, traffickers amongst other things. They will be blacklisted fined and possibly be jailed. This we know. A total trauma in exchange for their 30k at best salary to try and make a simple  life here. I am surprise they won't just be thrown into attitude rehabilitation before court just good measure. Now.... Wonder what will happen to the managers owners and administrators of the schools.. What schools such as big ones at bangbon and bangbuathong just to start with??

When i first set foot in the land of loons, English teaching was something that you did as the last resort and only to replenish the beer tokens, now all of a sudden it's been elevated to General status, maybe me thinks in order to skim a little more off the Farang ......... I mean really, do you think Thais want to speak Engrish ?   

4 minutes ago, jonstarjon said:

So these guys will be in deep shit.. Poor souls. Targeted as blacks dark skinned criminals, drug addicts, traffickers amongst other things. They will be blacklisted fined and possibly be jailed. This we know. A total trauma in exchange for their 30k at best salary to try and make a simple  life here. I am surprise they won't just be thrown into attitude rehabilitation before court just good measure. Now.... Wonder what will happen to the managers owners and administrators of the schools.. What schools such as big ones at bangbon and bangbuathong just to start with??

Three wais and 500bht fine....... Remember, Thais don't break the law.....

Private language schools are using anyone the can get - presumably because anyone who tries to work here legally is put off by the appalling employment packages offered and the dismal salaries.

time and again I meet teachers who are working on tourist visas, or who have fake degrees - what amazes me it is so obvious, it must be happening with the connivance of both employers and immigration.

If this is the only way they can get teachers, surely the law needs to be changed?

5 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

When i first set foot in the land of loons, English teaching was something that you did as the last resort and only to replenish the beer tokens, now all of a sudden it's been elevated to General status, maybe me thinks in order to skim a little more off the Farang ......... I mean really, do you think Thais want to speak Engrish ?   

completely unfounded comment which shows a massive lack of understanding of foreigners teaching in Thailand and what thew countries educational needs may be.

12 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

Private language schools are using anyone the can get - presumably because anyone who tries to work here legally is put off by the appalling employment packages offered and the dismal salaries.

time and again I meet teachers who are working on tourist visas, or who have fake degrees - what amazes me it is so obvious, it must be happening with the connivance of both employers and immigration.

If this is the only way they can get teachers, surely the law needs to be changed?

Think only some were teaching in schools ,but still what are they thinking allowing this tribe to teach LOL ... id be horrified if i walked into class an my daughter was being taught by  Nigerians, Cameroonians and Romanians. She would be pulled out of there quicker than you could shout run.

Nothing but trouble from these nations no matter where they go best just a blanket ban from entry to Thailand

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you are asking: I don't think you are intelligent.

That is a curious coincidence because the feeling is mutual.

Can we get back to discussing your completely delusional attacks on foreigners and your exaggerated hyping of Shangri-La?

Skillfully creating the perception that they are doing something worthwhile. Thais love to believe that foreigners are sucking the lifeblood out of Thailand by taking jobs that few Thais are qualified to do. ANY native speaker would surpass most Thais in teaching English, but they have chosen this red herring as their priority. Smoke and mirrors.

Another way to show that farangs only are tolerated. If they need you: Big smile, .... but if you are not needed anymore: <deleted> off!

It is forgotten that many volunteers teached English, putting time and effort for the benefit of (mostly) lazy students!

5 minutes ago, Jools said:

Skillfully creating the perception that they are doing something worthwhile. Thais love to believe that foreigners are sucking the lifeblood out of Thailand by taking jobs that few Thais are qualified to do. ANY native speaker would surpass most Thais in teaching English, but they have chosen this red herring as their priority. Smoke and mirrors.

Tried and true, its the fall back for any failing government: its the forign devils fault...

Its easy and effective particukarly if the gen pop is already brainwashed to the extent they are here...

Im suprised they didnt try to pin some blame on the guys from africa for teaching "how to poach big cats" classes.

12 minutes ago, Jools said:

Spot  on.

3 minutes ago, Teddy3943 said:

Another way to show that farangs only are tolerated. If they need you: Big smile, .... but if you are not needed anymore: <deleted> off!

It is forgotten that many volunteers teached English, putting time and effort for the benefit of (mostly) lazy students!

Bingo!

Before all this last 10 -15 years of immigration/police crackdowns,     I actually went for 1 term to help the teachers as they were lacking in English  (Thai English teachers).   I used my own car and expenses without claiming--My teaching was for free.   I did not prevent a Thai from teaching as most of the time classes were without a teacher.

Education in 3 large towns presented me with a certificate for my help, the biggest county education boss also signed a paper for --thank you.      How is it in Thailand Education welcomes and Immigration deports....

When you think of the age group (late high school and uni), a majority of female students at these language schools, it's a little concerning that a.......well,  illegals from notoriously nefarious African counties.....that are breaking the law, entering illegally, overstaying without a valid visa, working without a visa ...... have quite the corral of young subservient, naive young Thai ladies at their disposal (potential "employees" to supplement the teachers salary ?)............

5 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

When you think of the age group (late high school and uni), a majority of female students at these language schools, it's a little concerning that a.......well,  illegals from notoriously nefarious African counties.....that are breaking the law, entering illegally, overstaying without a valid visa, working without a visa ...... have quite the corral of young subservient, naive young Thai ladies at their disposal (potential "employees" to supplement the teachers salary ?)............

Yeah?

Next  time round in English,if you please.

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

I find it hard to believe that foreigners living and working illegally in Thailand tell you the details of how they are living and working illegally.

2 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

All a bit racist i think,  but TIT.  :jap:

golly wog.jpg

In 1950s Britain, the Golliwog symbol and sticker on Robertson's jam was what some kids collected. It is no longer available in the PC world we live in.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=robertson's+jam&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiene_Ugd_ZAhUHpo8KHTkhD5AQ_AUICigB&biw=1323&bih=610

The bottom line here is:

--If the police were actually doing their job properly, they'd be out arresting ANY teachers/people who are in the country illegally or working without valid work permits -- not just focusing on a subset of that group who happen to be dark skinned. And as everyone here knows, there are plenty of non-colored people who fit into those two categories.

--Targeting people of a particular skin color, who may or may not be more likely than others to commit crimes, is simple racial profiling and racism, no other way about it.

--Perhaps if the police actually did their job and ensured that schools had to hire teachers with legal permission to stay in the country and with valid work permits (not to mention being properly trained as teachers, the latter being outside the police's jurisdiction), then there'd be a better quality of foreign teachers in local schools and the students might just learn more.

Archived