Crackdown on illegal teachers: Police target international schools in "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner" campaign

webfact

Just now, CanuckThai said:

Nothing fancy, meat and potatoes standard issue 9mm Browning...

Just now, CanuckThai said:

1 minute ago, CanuckThai said:

Same as issued to me..

Okay Mister how about meeting over a bowl of somtam (Isaan style) and may the best man win....:shock1:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sent you a message

15 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Same as issued to me..

Okay Mister how about meeting over a bowl of somtam (Isaan style) and may the best man win....:shock1:

Sent you a message

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It wouldn't be racist, if they were devoting equal attention to all the non-black overstayers, illegal enterers and bogus teachers. And there certainly are plenty of those.

But only the blacks are being targeted by the Thai police in these campaigns. There's only one word to call that kind of policing.

targeted. good

10 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Note: those suffering a broken neck after an accident are exempted from X-Ray  in hospitals.

Not in Thailand they aren't, even though it only leads to them being given the all clear and a bill

15 hours ago, webfact said:

targeting “coloured” people engaged in various crimes.

So when they gonna start targetting white foreigners involved in high profile crimes?

Any reader of this forum will not need to have names mentioned, as they are well known, and few have fled abroad already like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

I recently read a high profile Pattaya based one has moved to Samui for a multi million property scam there.

15 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Raids based on color, not qualifications. Shame shame shame Thailand!

This is quite simple, but you do not seem to grasp that. The raids are not based on color, but the results already seen in earlier raids has proven the majority of illigal foreigners are colored. That´s why the raids are focused on that now.

What I wonder is what happens to the schools and the teachers? Some time ago it said in the news that the punishment got harder. 800000 baht fine for the schools for each illigal teacher, and 400000 for the teacher. Here they are just talking about blacklist and deportation.

14 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Imagine if the UK adopted these tactics, there would be outrage, the prisons would over flow with dozens occupying the same cells and there would be riots in certain uninhabitable ghettos throughout the country. 

If anything, and for all their flaws the Thais don't take any sheet in their own country and that is to be commended. 

For sure. The UK should have employed these tactics decades ago. It's too late now, irreversible damage has been done to the very fabric of society.

The clampdown IMO is worthwhile if they want better education in the world's main language.

Some people from outside the UK, US, Canada and Australia have good qualifications to teach English, but those without should be rooted out.

"Most of those arrested were Nigerians, Cameroonians and Romanians" so it is  more than likely they are here for other reasons as they suspect.

For once, a good idea really.

12 hours ago, alwaysrainsinUK said:

Think only some were teaching in schools ,but still what are they thinking allowing this tribe to teach LOL ... id be horrified if i walked into class an my daughter was being taught by  Nigerians, Cameroonians and Romanians. She would be pulled out of there quicker than you could shout run.

Nothing but trouble from these nations no matter where they go best just a blanket ban from entry to Thailand

A blanket ban on Romanians, with Romania being part of the EU, yes that would work when the EU responds in kind to people from Thailand.

14 hours ago, Miss Pickle said:

The Schools need to be checking references for these so called Teachers ! .They have probably bought a degree from Koh San Road.

Any decent school is asking for your transcripts. Plus a criminal record check is needed for a work permit. The system is in place but corrupt schools are circumnavigating the rules.

7 hours ago, XBroker said:

Someone said those masks are bc they have a cold. I've never seen it that way. Most times I've seen Asians wearing them is to protect from pollution.

Students with colds are required to wear masks to school as well as government workers. They grow up with the idea that if they have a cold, wear a mask.

23 hours ago, H1w4yR1da said:

"Surachet - the deputy commissioner for the tourist police."

And people still think the Tourist Police are there to assist tourists ..... they're there to POLICE the tourists. To make sure they don't cause trouble.

That is a good point. I too once thought that tourist police in Thailand and other countries were there to assist tourists, particularly those that had been victims of crimes. To also have a high degree of presence in areas where tourists are and deter crime against them. Attending schools doesn't seem to fit that agenda.

I don't really mind that these illegal teachers are caught, punished and presumably deported, along  with those that employ them... but in the meanwhile are we still having some focus on muggings, beatings, cheating, snatch thievery etc the tourists are subjected to.

Or are we simply fining them for smoking on the beach, playing darts and bridge!

3 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

For sure. The UK should have employed these tactics decades ago. It's too late now, irreversible damage has been done to the very fabric of society.

I know people from the UK feel threatened by the number of darker skinned and Muslim people coming to your country. But you guys colonized half the world and ruled with utter brutality in India, Africa, and the Caribbean. Then to ease a guilty conscience,  Britain allowed free immigration from the former colonies. You sew what you reap.

15 hours ago, Miss Pickle said:

The Schools need to be checking references for these so called Teachers ! .They have probably bought a degree from Koh San Road.

any professionally run school will be carrying out all necessary checks - whether legally required or not; qualifications, experience, references, police checks, etc. unfortunately not all schools are professionally run...

2 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

Over 1500 posts and you don't know what 555 is?

Thai for "hahaha"
The number 5, in Thai, pronounced “hà”. Therefore, typing “555…” is a perfect expression for “ha ha ha…” It is probably one of the best variations of “LOL” on the Internet because it’s so efficient and direct.

2 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

I know people from the UK feel threatened by the number of darker skinned and Muslim people coming to your country. But you guys colonized half the world and ruled with utter brutality in India, Africa, and the Caribbean. Then to ease a guilty conscience,  Britain allowed free immigration from the former colonies. You sew what you reap.

I am sorry for all the things that we 'Brits' did hundreds of years ago. Happy now?

You're a 'Native American' are you?

Just askin'

3 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

Any decent school is asking for your transcripts. Plus a criminal record check is needed for a work permit. The system is in place but corrupt schools are circumnavigating the rules.

BRITISH universities never used to issue a transcript, but they are meaningless anyway....the only thing that matters is the degree cert itself and they are often fake....especially if they have a transcript.

Immigration ask for verification of degrees but they are easily fooled by their own system.

The ridiculous thing is that is takes about 3 minutes to check a degree online but immigration don't know how to do this.

Police checks are carried out by RTP. with regard to Thailand.

Anyone with a friend in the right place can get round.

Many large schools are so fed up with immigration hassles that they take on people part time who don't have either visa or work permit.

There excuse is that it is up to the employee to get their own visa and permit.....this is of course not legally possible.

I have a better idea. How about a crackdown on incompetent teachers? From what I hear that is a real issue here. How about a crackdown on corrupt men within the government? How about a crackdown on top army officials getting super rich off the public? How about a crackdown on the police, for not enforcing traffic safety, and being complicit in the highest death rate on the planet on the roads? 

Lastly, how about a crackdown on the two most corrupt men in Thailand? Prawit and Prayuth? 

54 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have a better idea. How about a crackdown on incompetent teachers? From what I hear that is a real issue here. How about a crackdown on corrupt men within the government? How about a crackdown on top army officials getting super rich off the public? How about a crackdown on the police, for not enforcing traffic safety, and being complicit in the highest death rate on the planet on the roads? 

Lastly, how about a crackdown on the two most corrupt men in Thailand? Prawit and Prayuth? 

I feel that a result of a clearout of corruption would be quickly followed by a review and purge of all those who are working here illegally or on dodgy documents.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

+ 1. Let's start with these two:

Pinn.jpg

Rolex.jpg

Archived