French man busted for working without a permit

Rimmer

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HLover said:

Very true, we see what is happening to the well qualified refugees in Australia and various EU countries.  Those governments have the audacity to provide accommodation in addition to a monthly stipend for people who have paid so much into the system. 

Meanwhile, Grannie eats cat food alone without funds to pay for her utilities.

Yes, the Thai's have it wrong= laughable common statements from the Thai bashers.

The Australian lumpenproletariat-Andlo-Celts all-has been bludging off the system for at least three generations,

Give me a Syrian,Vietnamese,Cambodian or a Fairey penguin for that matter..

The quintessential Australian bludger remains a drunken (or drug addled) Caucasian loser.

Sorry to spoil your day.

Just now, tropo said:

There was no indication in the OP that the neighbours that reported him were foreigners:

"Neighbors at the View Talay 7 tower called immigration police"

How well would your "neighbourhood watch" program go if it was foreigners or Thais reporting on illegal Thai operations?

That's what the 1299 hotline is all about. It can be used by locals and foreigners and by all accounts, it is doing just fine.

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

The Australian lumpenproletariat-Andlo-Celts all-has been bludging off the system for at least three generations,

Give me a Syrian,Vietnamese,Cambodian or a Fairey penguin for that matter..

The quintessential Australian bludger remains a drunken (or drug addled) Caucasian loser.

Sorry to spoil your day.

Who said that??!!

abobludger.jpg.131d4f95436984c45f2d68b2ae273eb4.jpg

5 hours ago, JSixpack said:

But it's already legal. Hence, the work permit.

I'm not an expert, but I believe it is/was illegal for him to do THAT job, that's why he needed Thai employees. So he was doing something that only Thais are allowed to do.

I've also heard of restaurant owners being afraid to even pick the dirty plates from the tables, because someone might report them for doing something else than their work permit says, and that would be doing an illegal work (read only for Thais).

Just now, NanLaew said:

Who said that??!!

abobludger.jpg.131d4f95436984c45f2d68b2ae273eb4.jpg

Sorry,,

They are the remnants of an older culture,,

The one's that survived the white intellectual brain spasm on the 26th of January,1788

Let's get drunk.

Let's chop down all the gum trees

Let's kill all of the native population..

They were Europeans,of course,

2 hours ago, johnhw said:

Neighborhood Watch, it's called back home, a worthwhile program that allows a fed-up public to support law enforcement efforts. Of course when Thais do it here to farangs, it's immoral, disgusting, indicative of a backward culture.

I'll take these neighbors any day before many of the barfing, bar-brawling, drunken, tattooed caps-on-backwards knuckle-dragging farangs I've run into.

I'll trade my neighbors for yours.  My Thai neighbors chuck their trash around.  keep an average of 5 dogs per house (the more dogs, the more dog problems), and make noise.  I had one neighbor come and cut a fruit tree (8" diameter at chest height) down on my property, and left it lying there. I don't think farang neighbors do that sort of thing.   

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Isn't his job description, one that a rich Thai person could have? I am not saying that any would want to do what he was doing, just that it could be done by a Thai person. If that is the case he has no leg to stand on. Bye Bye Mr. French guy. Geezer

It's likely the farang did the real estate biz better, or at least more honestly, than a Thai. Thai realtors will often cheat sellers and (more often) buyers by tacking on a higher selling price.  The buyer may find out later, after he's bought the property, but by then it's too late - the added proceeds are already in the agent's bank account.  

Accordingly, a farang real estate agent is less likely to take advantage of and/or cheat a buyer.  Therefore it's actually good for the general public (those looking to secure property) to go to a farang agent.

Other reasons:

Farang speak English better

Farang are likely to tell the real story about farang securing property, rather than a candy-coated sales pitch designed to lure in the buyer.  How many times have you heard a Thai sales person say something Trumpian like, "It's great!  No problem!  Everything is fine, you see!"

Just now, 0815 said:

Probably some of the perfect TV forum members...

Yup..perfect Victor Meldrew's, all keepimg an eye on,and dobbing in their neighbours whenever [possible

After meeting these European

clowns I finally realized that my wife was correct and it wasn't any of my business

this frogs case is simple. he was doing business within thailand so yes, taking money that thais could do themselves. if he wanted to run an estate agency business then he should have done it properly and yes he would have needed his quota of thais and needed hard money. now, as for doing discreet business and not getting caught, i'd say an estate agency would be your worst choice as you need to advertise and show properties. lucky other agents didn't grass him up already. but you see the thais as i have said before are like meerkats. they watch everything and if you upset them for one little reason and you're breaking the law in anyway they will grass you up. bad choices frog. best of luck in the future anyway

57 minutes ago, wattaman said:

I'm not an expert, but I believe it is/was illegal for him to do THAT job

Without a work permit, yes.

, that's why he needed Thai employees.

That's why he needed a work permit. Nor did he have to own his own company but simply been an employee.

So he was doing something that only Thais are allowed to do.

Without a work permit. Non-Thais ARE allowed to do it with a work permit.

What paid work of any kind do you think foreigners are allowed to do without a work permit?

I've also heard of restaurant owners being afraid to even pick the dirty plates from the tables, because someone might report them for doing something else than their work permit says, and that would be doing an illegal work (read only for Thais).

We love paranoia here and will do all we can to enjoy it, so hearsay is very important. But in general a foreigner should be circumspect about engaging in work not permitted on his work permit, yes. A foreigner holding a work permit can ask the authorities if he's not clear about what he can and can't do. Is that a problem for you?

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

this frogs case is simple. he was doing business within thailand so yes, taking money that thais could do themselves. if he wanted to run an estate agency business then he should have done it properly and yes he would have needed his quota of thais and needed hard money. now, as for doing discreet business and not getting caught, i'd say an estate agency would be your worst choice as you need to advertise and show properties. lucky other agents didn't grass him up already. but you see the thais as i have said before are like meerkats. they watch everything and if you upset them for one little reason and you're breaking the law in anyway they will grass you up. bad choices frog. best of luck in the future anyway

Spot on.

Meerkats-damn the closest I got was psychotic Bilbys-but meercats are a better description.

Well yes, you can't seriously expect the Thai government to throw open the borders and let everyone who is unemployable in his own country take employment away from its own citizens. One of the main responsibilities of any government is look after its own citizens.

But Thailand has less than 1% unemployed and is in desperate need of workers to fill positions according to government statistics....why not let some furungs do some work ?

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

That's what the 1299 hotline is all about. It can be used by locals and foreigners and by all accounts, it is doing just fine.

Thank You! Great! Now I can report illegals anonymously. :smile:

The anonymous people can probably be given up if the right person is asking. I know that in relation to City Hall, but I can't say anything about Immigration.

As you mentioned before, it was probably another real estate business that dobbed him in.

Many times I watch my Thai wife and family work hard in their rice mill. Thais tell me it is my responsibility to take care of my famely but I am not allowed to work as I want (I have work permit for my trade so i am okay). 

Just wondering.....

5 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Without a work permit, yes.

That's why he needed a work permit. Nor did he have to own his own company but simply been an employee.

Without a work permit. Non-Thais ARE allowed to do it with a work permit.

We love paranoia here and will do all we can to enjoy it, so hearsay is very important. But in general a foreigner should be circumspect about engaging in work not permitted on his work permit, yes. A foreigner holding a work permit can ask the authorities if he's not clear about what he can and can't do. Is that a problem for you?

Why would some French idiot getting arrested be a problem for me?!

Anyhow, looks like you don't proper understand them  labor laws. Maybe this will help you:

1. There are jobs that cannot be done by foreigners, they are reserved for Thais ONLY

2. A work permit doesn't allow you to do whatever you want, wherever you want - it is restricted to ONE JOB and ONE PLACE

4 minutes ago, johng said:

But Thailand has less than 1% unemployed and is in desperate need of workers to fill positions according to government statistics....why not let some furungs do some work ?

Whinge too much. Headache!

24 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yup..perfect Victor Meldrew's, all keepimg an eye on,and dobbing in their neighbours whenever [possible

After meeting these European

clowns I finally realized that my wife was correct and it wasn't any of my business

Not only EUROPEAN CLOWNS...

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Gee!

My life has been extreaordinarily enhanced 

'pon reading this thread..

Hasn't yours?

Sh** ! I didn't realise how horrible my life is here, before I did read this post  ;)

Lucky lucky bas*a*d!

When I came to live here people like him were jailed until he (or someone else) could pay for the cost of his flight out of Thailand.

Getting simply taken to the nearest border as a punishment almost makes me want to start selling condos on the internet!

2 minutes ago, Muggi1968 said:

Life is hard and you die....

Except you make your own misery so it is up to yourself how  you want to waste your life 

Spot on,

Exalting over one's neighbour's demise or indulging in internet schadenfeude is not my idea of  fun..

Neither is hugging myself tightly and shrieking,,"Ooh I am a good little two shores,,Ooh I am a.."

23 minutes ago, wattaman said:

Anyhow, looks like you don't proper understand them  labor laws. Maybe this will help you:

But I though you weren't an expert. Now it turns out that you secretly ARE, heh heh.

1. There are jobs that cannot be done by foreigners, they are reserved for Thais ONLY

But this job isn't one of them and with a work permit a foreigner can do it. Duh.

Anyway, no paid work can be done by foreigners without their having a work permit to do it. Only Thais can do any paid work without having a permit. So it doesn't matter what kind of paid work this Frenchman was doing, really. :smile:

2. A work permit doesn't allow you to do whatever you want, wherever you want - it is restricted to ONE JOB and ONE PLACE

We seem to be going around in circles. Fun?

36 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

But in general a foreigner should be circumspect about engaging in work not permitted on his work permit, yes. A foreigner holding a work permit can ask the authorities if he's not clear about what he can and can't do. Is that a problem for you?

1 hour ago, Muggi1968 said:

Just wondering... when will racism in Thailand  end.....................

I guess that when you live under a coconut shell you not know what racism is

What racism have you identified in this case? And please stop insulting our members.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Thank You! Great! Now I can report illegals anonymously. :smile:

The anonymous people can probably be given up if the right person is asking. I know that in relation to City Hall, but I can't say anything about Immigration.

As you mentioned before, it was probably another real estate business that dobbed him in.

Maybe the condo complex he was living in had their own sales office and he was unfairly and illegally competing against them. They would be daft not to report him, if that were the case.

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

It is peculiar how some are allowed to work against the law and some are nabbed. He must have upset someone. Be peaceful and polite. Hug your neighbor.

Similarly it is peculiar how in the West some are allowed to get away with bank robbery (about 40%) and some are nabbed. Some of those nabbed probably did upset someone besides the bank. Then again, they may have been simply stupid. I doubt that being peaceful and polite and hugging your neighbor will guarantee that you may work w/o a permit, but you may try it if you wish.

Archived