Where to go and enjoy Vietnam

bmanly

I am thinking of doing a 1 week break/holiday from Thailand in Vietnam with a double purpose of getting a new tourist visa for Thailand. I was looking for some ideas and tips.

I have an Australian passport. I see I need a visa but I also read you can get it at the international airport at arrival, is this correct?

Where would you choose to get your Thai Tourist Visa, Hanoi or HCMC?

Also I like beaches and relaxing. I like having bars where I can drink beer too. Where would be a good place to relax and enjoy that?

Any suggestions for a 1 week trip where I can get some R & R and a new visa also would be very helpful?

Thanks.  

if you like beaches the best ones are in the south, Danang, Hoi An and Nha Trang so that after yer beach R&R you would go to the thai consulate in HCMC to get yer visa...good reports regarding the service at the thai HCMC consulate in other forums on thaivisa, do a forum search...plenty of booking info for the resort hotels on the internet...

never been to any of the southern beach resort places meself...but I lived at one for 18mos when on a job on the north central coast in Ha Tinh province in 2010 and it was quite nice, undeveloped and idyllic, bungalow right on the beach...it got replaced by a steel mill that in 2016 caused the biggest environmental disaster in Vietnam since the 'american war' and agent orange due to negligent waste discharge into the sea...thousands of fishermen were affected in 3 coastal provinces as well as severe damage to the resource...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Thanks 1

I haven't been there but I've heard there are plenty of shackledraggers in Vung Tao and bars etc.

Follow the  visa guidelines exactly, ticket out in 60 days can be bus e.g. BKK to Cambodia. http://giantibis.com

Bits in red important. http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/7442/80804-For-Non-Vietnamese-passport-holder-|-Dành-cho-ngườ.html