Cat Vaccination

hi there

we live in a moo baan and we have a 10 year's old male outdoor cat.  would following vaccines are good enough for him ?

1. Rabies, Defensor 3, 1mL, by Zoetis

2. Leukemia, Leukocell 2, 1mL, by Zoetis

3. Feline Immunodeficiency Virus, Fel-O-Vax FIV, 1mL, by Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica

4. Feline Infectious Peritonitis Vaccine, Primucell FIP, 0.5mL, by Zoetis

5. Feline Rhinotracheitis-Calici-Panleukopenia +/- Chlamydia Psittasi, Felocell CVR, 1mL, by Zoetis

I see more and more stray cats around and they invade our old cat territory . . .

thanks and cheers

Our cats get all of these vaccines. In fact rabies is a legal requirement I think. They will have to do a blood test for leukemia. If it's positive it will be too late to give the vaccine.

thanks mates, so I would keep this routine for coming years.

@trd, years ago a test kit reported our cat had a leukemia.  we been ran around between hospitals for 2 months and eventually three lab tests confirmed it was a false alarm.  since then we been very careful on the vaccination, although it may not be 100% protected.

5aa3722a5e188_Taovaccination.thumb.jpg.f546e664b854687e46be4e50574b9018.jpg

When you go to the vet to get the jabs your cat will get a little vaccination book with all the dates for when the next jabs are due. Don't forget de-worming tablets every few months particularly if the cat is rummaging around in the garden. And there are these drops you put on the back of the cat's neck every few months which keep away lots of little creatures that might give it skin problems. It's called Evolution and all the vets have it.

oh . . . we are in the process of changing from a clinic with an individual vet to a more established animal hospital with a team of vet.  my wife just asked if it is a good idea planning a comprehensive body check for the cat ?  if then, should it before the next vaccination ( end March ) or after the vaccination ( then when ).

@trd, yeah we have the vaccination booklet, and the labels of most vaccines.

the cat looks alright. nevertheless, it is a 10 years old outdoor indoor cat, we only do quick fix in case any incident with him.  since he is getting old and less energetic, we have concern on his health.

Archived