23 foreigners arrested for drug offences on Thai party island

rooster59

7 hours ago, z42 said:

This is immoral. By all means arrest drug pushers who sell to kids, the vulnerable, and those who steal and rob to pay for their drugs.

However arresting people for having drugs in their system is simply not in the public interest (unless those are operating vehicles or dangerous / complex machinery).

I can't see the harm in people smoking a bit of weed or taking some tablets at a party at all. 

These cops would be better assigned elsewhere seeking real criminals 

Its scandalous people coming to Thailand thinking one can just stroll around flagrantly masquerading as a tourist then have the audacity to enjoy themself !! They've already put the cosh on those deadly beach smokers etc....... they come here thinking they can do as they wish ........................ :passifier: 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spend some time on this lay back island 2 years ago where ganja was openly smoked.

The weed is sold by the bar owners of a few bars - a couple of friendly and inoffensive Thai Rasta boys.

Wonder if they have also been tested and if their business will be closed. The guy on the right has been building his pirate bar since more than a decade.

HSdNEaCNr-_rDZOqdueGhOj4F8v5m_c4cehZFUjk

koh-phayam-buffalo-bay-1.jpg

The fun is completely gone in Thailand, its sad..All whats left is corruption and greed :sick:

Fine and deport all of them with a ban stamp for 5 years. Then they can go and smoke their shit where its legal. Morons!

Whats the use of coming to a foreign country and brake the law? Seems like most of them never left teenage stage, when it was exiting to do something dangerous.

^ Right Mr. moral authority. Funny its always the peeps with this attitude that have the lowest moral standards for other way uglier things.

+ btw the thread title is completely wrong & misguiding..

Koh Phayam is just the opposite of a party island. No shitty partying on the beach till noon, no bar girls, no boozed up peoples,  no brawling etc etc

In fact there were no cops at all on the island at that time and yes it was fine. Talked with many locals about that and they all told me they couldn't even remember when the last assault occurred.

It was probably the last and closest thing to what Thailand looked like in the 70s. Oh well...

3 hours ago, Phatbeets said:

^ Right Mr. moral authority. Funny its always the peeps with this attitude that have the lowest moral standards for other way uglier things.

Koh Phayam is just the opposite of a party island. No shitty partying on the beach till noon, no bar girls, no boozed up peoples,  no brawling etc etc

In fact there were no cops at all on the island at that time and yes it was fine. Talked with many locals about that and they all told me they couldn't even remember when the last assault occurred.

It was probably the last and closest thing to what Thailand looked like in the 70s. Oh well...

Live and let live. However, that doesn't apply here given that whingers prefer No Farangs were allowed in THEIR THAILAND. Years ago you could let rip on here in retaliation but now full of suspensions and whatnot. Oh' how I miss the days gone by ......... 

17 hours ago, Moti24 said:

"Koh Phayam is one of the lesser known Thai islands but officials have said it has become a haven for drug taking foreigners as marijuana and amphetamines are readily available on sale at local bars.

Well it won't be "lesser known" now!  The bars and drug dealers must be delighted at the free publicity :smile:.  Seriously though, considering what really goes on in Thailand, this whole exercise is pretty pathetic.  A bit of weed and a few amphetamines help along the party no end!

On 2018-03-11 at 11:59 AM, Phatbeets said:

No, not at all. I am not talking about moral. I am talking about the law. You know, that small little thin line that stands between order and anarchy.
I also say between the lines gave the message that I do not care about people want to smoke that shit do it in countries and places allowed.

Please do understand what you read next time before accusing anybody for beeing a moral authority.

On 3/11/2018 at 5:35 PM, Phatbeets said:

Spend some time on this lay back island 2 years ago where ganja was openly smoked.

The weed is sold by the bar owners of a few bars - a couple of friendly and inoffensive Thai Rasta boys.

Wonder if they have also been tested and if their business will be closed. The guy on the right has been building his pirate bar since more than a decade.

HSdNEaCNr-_rDZOqdueGhOj4F8v5m_c4cehZFUjk

koh-phayam-buffalo-bay-1.jpg

The fun is completely gone in Thailand, its sad..All whats left is corruption and greed :sick:

Have you just outed that bloke on the right as a dealer on social media?

19 hours ago, Get Real said:

No, not at all. I am not talking about moral. I am talking about the law. You know, that small little thin line that stands between order and anarchy.
I also say between the lines gave the message that I do not care about people want to smoke that shit do it in countries and places allowed.

Please do understand what you read next time before accusing anybody for beeing a moral authority.

15 hours ago, Happy enough said:

Have you just outed that bloke on the right as a dealer on social media?

Are those two guys cops?  :post-4641-1156693976:

Inspector Columbo called and wants his investigation back..

You two can go change the world for the better in another thread :coffee1:

On 3/11/2018 at 5:22 AM, abrahamzvi said:

I really can't agree. People, locals and tourists have to understand and accept that there are laws against using (not only trading with) drugs in this country and whilst in Thailand they have to abide by such laws. I have to abide by the laws in Saudi Arabia not allowing me to consume alcohol, or my wife swimming , so I don't do it or I don't go there. I think it is up to the authorities to see to it that the laws are abided by, or change the laws.

You are the type of person that governments really like.  You do what you are told without questioning it, because it is 'the law' and that's the end of the matter.

20 hours ago, Get Real said:

But lots of people on Phayam clearly disobeyed this particular law, and yet there was no anarchy on Koh Phayam - actual crime (crimes with a victim) was/is almost non-existent in fact.  So that sort of disproves your theory that there can be no middle ground between order and anarchy, or, depending on your precise definition of anarchy, it suggests that anarchy isn't actually that bad a prospect.

2 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

But lots of people on Phayam clearly disobeyed this particular law, and yet there was no anarchy on Koh Phayam - actual crime (crimes with a victim) was/is almost non-existent in fact.  So that sort of disproves your theory that there can be no middle ground between order and anarchy, or, depending on your precise definition of anarchy, it suggests that anarchy isn't actually that bad a prospect.

One version of anarchy is when people do like they please without respect for the law. Using drugs in Thailand is against the law, so how do you find you "middle ground" there? A crime does not need to have a victim. A crime is when you break the law. In that case they should be punished in accordance to the law.

3 hours ago, Phatbeets said:

Are those two guys cops?  :post-4641-1156693976:

Inspector Columbo called and wants his investigation back..

You two can go change the world for the better in another thread :coffee1:

Ok, and you can take down your little silly red card. You do not have to be or steal an investigation from Columbo, to understand that you don´t break the law in your own or another country.
Where do you draw the line then? Are you the one that decides what is ok to break or not? Do you think it´s ok for somebody else to have the idea that rape is ok? Do you accept that somebody steal from you? can somebody kill your best friend, just because he believed that law was ok to break?

Do you understand? I know that you will se this as over the top and not in the same category of crimes. Anyway, there is a law, and not you or anybody else can decide when it´s ok to break parts they do believe is ok to break.

On 3/11/2018 at 9:37 AM, pearciderman said:

What you perceive as harm and what the law says are two different things, and Thai law trumps your view.

"real criminals" you mean people who are breaking the law? You know, like people who are taking drugs that are illegal here.

Please join us here in the 21st century...It's not too bad.

16 hours ago, Get Real said:

One version of anarchy is when people do like they please without respect for the law. Using drugs in Thailand is against the law, so how do you find you "middle ground" there? A crime does not need to have a victim. A crime is when you break the law. In that case they should be punished in accordance to the law.

Why should they be punished for breaking this particular law?  A crime should always have a victim, if it does not, it should not be a crime.  You will find most of the crimes that do not have a victim, only exist to protect the same self-serving state that made them crimes in the first place.

16 hours ago, Get Real said:

Do you think it´s ok for somebody else to have the idea that rape is ok? Do you accept that somebody steal from you? can somebody kill your best friend, just because he believed that law was ok to break?

It's quite simple.  You do what is right and not what is wrong, and pay no consequence to what is legal and illegal.  Legal things are often wrong, and illegal things are often right.  All the crimes you mentioned have victims and therefore are wrong.  Smoking a plant has no victim and is therefore not wrong, irrespective of what a bunch of silly men in wigs decided (do they have wigs here?).

10 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

It's quite simple.  You do what is right and not what is wrong, and pay no consequence to what is legal and illegal.  Legal things are often wrong, and illegal things are often right.  All the crimes you mentioned have victims and therefore are wrong.  Smoking a plant has no victim and is therefore not wrong, irrespective of what a bunch of silly men in wigs decided (do they have wigs here?).

Who decides what´s right or wrong? You as a single person, or structured law and order made for take care and control a country and it´s population?

No, they only have thoose silly wigs in UK.

6 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

There is no obligation to obey any law, it is a personal choice.

Yes, there is. Every single person have an obligation to obey the law, and the one that breaks it, shall face punishment for that offense. Sure, you´re not wearing a wig?

10 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Why should they be punished for breaking this particular law?  A crime should always have a victim, if it does not, it should not be a crime.  You will find most of the crimes that do not have a victim, only exist to protect the same self-serving state that made them crimes in the first place.

Yeah, you´re "dfdgfdfdgs The Great". Now I know, that you really believe that you are the choosen one to walk between the lines and sort out what laws are to be broken and not, which are relevant and irrelevant and what shall have punishment or not. That wig really suits you.

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yeah, you´re "dfdgfdfdgs The Great". Now I know, that you really believe that you are the choosen one to walk between the lines and sort out what laws are to be broken and not, which are relevant and irrelevant and what shall have punishment or not. That wig really suits you.

You say that like you think that a state or government is more entitled to tell us what to do than we are to tell ourselves what to do - you know, to think for ourselves and not be sheep?  A state controlling us is not the only way.  It's a very close-minded outlook on life to just follow blindly because it is 'the law' *gasp*.

Try breaking down what 'the law' actually is.  It's just some text written on paper somewhere.  If I were to write some things on paper and instruct you to follow them, would you do it?  No?  So why are you doing it because somebody else told you to?

8 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yes, there is. Every single person have an obligation to obey the law, and the one that breaks it, shall face punishment for that offense. Sure, you´re not wearing a wig?

There is no obligation to follow the law.  If there were an obligation, there would be no existence of punishment, because nobody would break it.  Everybody has a choice whether they want to follow the law or ignore it.

Archived