23 foreigners arrested for drug offences on Thai party island

rooster59

8 hours ago, Get Real said:

Who decides what´s right or wrong? You as a single person, or structured law and order made for take care and control a country and it´s population?

Every individual of reasonable age and sound mind has the mental capacity to decide for themselves what is right and wrong except certain people with mental conditions such as sociopaths who are less able empathise and determine between the two.  That doesn't necessarily mean they will never do wrong things of course.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Every individual of reasonable age and sound mind has the mental capacity to decide for themselves what is right and wrong except certain people with mental conditions such as sociopaths who are less able empathise and determine between the two.  That doesn't necessarily mean they will never do wrong things of course.

You are really funny. We are talking about the law here. Nobody of reasonable age and sound mind has any right to decide about that. Why are you slowly shifting from the subject at hand?

48 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

There is no obligation to follow the law.  If there were an obligation, there would be no existence of punishment, because nobody would break it.  Everybody has a choice whether they want to follow the law or ignore it.

ob·li·ga·tion
ˌäbləˈɡāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. an act or course of action to which a person is morally or legally bound; a duty or commitment.
    "he has enough cash to meet his present obligations"
    synonyms: duty, commitment, responsibility, moral imperative; More

the condition of being morally or legally bound to do something.
    "they are under no obligation to stick to the scheme"
    • a debt of gratitude for a service or favor.
      "she didn't want to be under an obligation to him"

51 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

You say that like you think that a state or government is more entitled to tell us what to do than we are to tell ourselves what to do - you know, to think for ourselves and not be sheep?  A state controlling us is not the only way.  It's a very close-minded outlook on life to just follow blindly because it is 'the law' *gasp*.

Try breaking down what 'the law' actually is.  It's just some text written on paper somewhere.  If I were to write some things on paper and instruct you to follow them, would you do it?  No?  So why are you doing it because somebody else told you to?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: You´re unbelievable! 

19 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

It's quite simple.  You do what is right and not what is wrong, and pay no consequence to what is legal and illegal.  Legal things are often wrong, and illegal things are often right.  All the crimes you mentioned have victims and therefore are wrong.  Smoking a plant has no victim and is therefore not wrong, irrespective of what a bunch of silly men in wigs decided (do they have wigs here?).

smoking a plant has no victim. ok then. what about the vietnamese illegal immigrant that's made to look after the crop in places like the UK who ends up in the slammer and without any money from the guys in vietnam who own the crop? 

**think thats a victim mate

Might be time to move to the UK.

Britain is the world’s largest producer of legal cannabis, a new report from the United Nations has revealed. 

Ninety five tonnes of marijuana was produced in the UK in 2016 for medicinal and scientific use, accounting for 44.9 per cent of the world total, its International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) found. 

The UK is also the largest exporter of the drug, with 2.1 tonnes exported in 2016 – roughly 70 per cent of the world’s total, the report stated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cannabis-legal-uk-worlds-largest-producer-marijuana-weed-un-body-findings-a8243921.html

14 hours ago, seancbk said:

Might be time to move to the UK.

Britain is the world’s largest producer of legal cannabis, a new report from the United Nations has revealed. 

Ninety five tonnes of marijuana was produced in the UK in 2016 for medicinal and scientific use, accounting for 44.9 per cent of the world total, its International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) found. 

The UK is also the largest exporter of the drug, with 2.1 tonnes exported in 2016 – roughly 70 per cent of the world’s total, the report stated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cannabis-legal-uk-worlds-largest-producer-marijuana-weed-un-body-findings-a8243921.html

most of that is GW pharma. they have huge crops on MOD land in kent. 

i hear most of the stuff for sale on the streets come from vietnamese gangs who rent out properties and turn them into crop houses nowadays

18 hours ago, Happy enough said:

smoking a plant has no victim. ok then. what about the vietnamese illegal immigrant that's made to look after the crop in places like the UK who ends up in the slammer and without any money from the guys in vietnam who own the crop? 

**think thats a victim mate

You had it right, up until your last sentence, because that's the essence of the war on drugs: consuming drugs is a harmless activity, it's the prohibition which creates the problem (makes victims) in the first place, not the users. 

2 minutes ago, Sapporillo said:

You had it right, up until your last sentence, because that's the essence of the war on drugs: consuming drugs is a harmless activity, it's the prohibition which creates the problem (makes victims) in the first place, not the users. 

maybe. i actually stopped any illegal drugs after a run in with the BIB here when i was a kid. prior to that i did take coke sometimes in the uk until i saw a documentary about how that crap had got to me and the victims that likely suffered for it. prohibition is one argument that i understand but i also understand why lot's of drugs are illegal. it's kind of weird being in HCMC where i have friends that moved there from thailand and they just smoke weed in bars and out on the street in full view of the police. police just don't care over there. imagine smoking a joint out on the street in most places in thailand, 100% the BIB will want money

12 hours ago, Happy enough said:

maybe. i actually stopped any illegal drugs after a run in with the BIB here when i was a kid. prior to that i did take coke sometimes in the uk until i saw a documentary about how that crap had got to me and the victims that likely suffered for it. prohibition is one argument that i understand but i also understand why lot's of drugs are illegal. it's kind of weird being in HCMC where i have friends that moved there from thailand and they just smoke weed in bars and out on the street in full view of the police. police just don't care over there. imagine smoking a joint out on the street in most places in thailand, 100% the BIB will want money

Are you sure about Vietnam weed ? Never heard that it is so easy there...

On 3/14/2018 at 8:04 PM, dfdgfdfdgs said:

It's quite simple.  You do what is right and not what is wrong, and pay no consequence to what is legal and illegal.  Legal things are often wrong, and illegal things are often right.  All the crimes you mentioned have victims and therefore are wrong.  Smoking a plant has no victim and is therefore not wrong, irrespective of what a bunch of silly men in wigs decided (do they have wigs here?).

Most of the posters on here seem to be avoiding the fact that most of these dummies were on meth or yaba as well. See it all the time potheads waving the flag with the old, yeah man its only a plant legalise it. I'm a long long way from being a squarehead but as long as it's illegal, it's illegal. So get on whatever ya want but if ya take the punt and get buckled don't come with the boohoo story and please don't try and smother the fact of all the gear the were on not just the stuff that sounds most pleasing to you.

3 hours ago, starky said:

Most of the posters on here seem to be avoiding the fact that most of these dummies were on meth or yaba as well. See it all the time potheads waving the flag with the old, yeah man its only a plant legalise it. I'm a long long way from being a squarehead but as long as it's illegal, it's illegal. So get on whatever ya want but if ya take the punt and get buckled don't come with the boohoo story and please don't try and smother the fact of all the gear the were on not just the stuff that sounds most pleasing to you.

The word is that actually not a single person of the 23 tested positive for meth or yaba. All ganja

15 hours ago, toolpush said:

The word is that actually not a single person of the 23 tested positive for meth or yaba. All ganja

If that is true I fully retract obviously but the main story clearly said many also tested positive for methampethamine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/3/2018 at 1:49 AM, starky said:

If that is true I fully retract obviously but the main story clearly said many also tested positive for methampethamine.

I was on the island the week after it happened and I was told it was pills they were busted for. I never saw any drugs but I did not go near the hippy bars while there. Lovely island laid back but very costly for beer and food etc.

On 3/11/2018 at 9:05 AM, z42 said:

This is immoral. By all means arrest drug pushers who sell to kids, the vulnerable, and those who steal and rob to pay for their drugs.

However arresting people for having drugs in their system is simply not in the public interest (unless those are operating vehicles or dangerous / complex machinery).

I can't see the harm in people smoking a bit of weed or taking some tablets at a party at all. 

These cops would be better assigned elsewhere seeking real criminals 

Your view and of no relevance.  They are criminals breaking the law and fully deserve to be caught and punished.  Thailand like most countries around the wold view taking drugs as a crime.  Those laws have been put in place because those societies are convinced by the weight of evidence supporting the harm drugs cause. While the laws are in place these people are criminals and deserve to be treated as such.

The fact that you believe the law should not apply to you and your fellow junkies says a lot.  One of the biggest problems in Thailand is the the law being selective in terms of which laws are enforced and who is allowed to break the law with impunity.  It is good to see that in this case the police are doing their job for a change.  I just hope that justice is served and they are not allowed to buy their way out of their crimes.

11 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

They are criminals breaking the law and fully deserve to be caught and punished.

I think this is a view of a close-minded person who has lived so long controlled by regulation that they have lost sight of the bigger picture.  You should punish people who do wrong things, not illegal things.

11 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

I just hope that justice is served and they are not allowed to buy their way out of their crimes.

Why?  Who benefits when they are sitting in a cell for years?  Nobody benefits.  The Thai way of paying money to absolve yourself of responsibility works okay for soft drug 'crimes'.

On Sun Mar 11 2018 at 10:05 AM, z42 said:

This is immoral. By all means arrest drug pushers who sell to kids, the vulnerable, and those who steal and rob to pay for their drugs.

However arresting people for having drugs in their system is simply not in the public interest (unless those are operating vehicles or dangerous / complex machinery).

I can't see the harm in people smoking a bit of weed or taking some tablets at a party at all. 

These cops would be better assigned elsewhere seeking real criminals 

Defending  the indefensible.

Well done

• 7 months later...
On 3/11/2018 at 10:59 AM, Phatbeets said:

Talked with many locals about that and they all told me they couldn't even remember when the last assault occurred.

Yes, pot is a different drug compared to the legal alcohol which make people stupid.

On 4/11/2018 at 12:41 AM, futsukayoi said:

Thailand like most countries around the wold view taking drugs as a crime.  Those laws have been put in place because those societies are convinced by the weight of evidence supporting the harm drugs cause.

Well, compared to alcohol and tobacco they cause extremely little harm (almost none).

• 3 months later...
On 3/11/2018 at 4:08 PM, seancbk said:

In some cases I doubt the police can prove the drugs were even consumed in Thailand.   

What a bout those selling drugs in the bars? 

Get to keep their liquor licences ?

Get to give cut to patrolling officers?

On 3/11/2018 at 6:36 PM, Sapporillo said:

That’s just another problem with their war on drugs, especially since weed can show up weeks or even months after your last puff in an urine test.

But you’re in Thailand, and the police really doesn’t care about that. If you have anything in your system, you’re guilty in their eyes, and that’s it. But if you’re not carrying any drugs, it’s only a minor offense, I’m not sure if there are any more consequences other than paying a fine.

cannibis is fat soluable and can be detected up to 13 weeks after use

Meth clears the system within about 72 hours

On 3/11/2018 at 8:35 PM, Phatbeets said:

Spend some time on this lay back island 2 years ago where ganja was openly smoked.

The weed is sold by the bar owners of a few bars - a couple of friendly and inoffensive Thai Rasta boys.

Wonder if they have also been tested and if their business will be closed. The guy on the right has been building his pirate bar since more than a decade.

HSdNEaCNr-_rDZOqdueGhOj4F8v5m_c4cehZFUjk

koh-phayam-buffalo-bay-1.jpg

The fun is completely gone in Thailand, its sad..All whats left is corruption and greed :sick:

If they did not the dealers before hand, they do now. Nice one 

On 3/11/2018 at 12:32 PM, impishbynature said:

So what if I just arrived on the island from another country and tested positive for something I did while not in Thailand?

Yes, if you use drugs that are illegal in Thailand just don't come here, "Bad guys out" (Me in).

Archived