Jump to content

23 foreigners arrested for drug offences on Thai party island


rooster59

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Get Real said:

Who decides what´s right or wrong? You as a single person, or structured law and order made for take care and control a country and it´s population?

Every individual of reasonable age and sound mind has the mental capacity to decide for themselves what is right and wrong except certain people with mental conditions such as sociopaths who are less able empathise and determine between the two.  That doesn't necessarily mean they will never do wrong things of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Every individual of reasonable age and sound mind has the mental capacity to decide for themselves what is right and wrong except certain people with mental conditions such as sociopaths who are less able empathise and determine between the two.  That doesn't necessarily mean they will never do wrong things of course.

You are really funny. We are talking about the law here. Nobody of reasonable age and sound mind has any right to decide about that. Why are you slowly shifting from the subject at hand?

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

There is no obligation to follow the law.  If there were an obligation, there would be no existence of punishment, because nobody would break it.  Everybody has a choice whether they want to follow the law or ignore it.

ob·li·ga·tion
ˌäbləˈɡāSH(ə)n/
noun
 
  1. an act or course of action to which a person is morally or legally bound; a duty or commitment.
    "he has enough cash to meet his present obligations"
    synonyms: duty, commitment, responsibility, moral imperative; More
     
    the condition of being morally or legally bound to do something.
    "they are under no obligation to stick to the scheme"
    • a debt of gratitude for a service or favor.
      "she didn't want to be under an obligation to him"
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

You say that like you think that a state or government is more entitled to tell us what to do than we are to tell ourselves what to do - you know, to think for ourselves and not be sheep?  A state controlling us is not the only way.  It's a very close-minded outlook on life to just follow blindly because it is 'the law' *gasp*.

 

Try breaking down what 'the law' actually is.  It's just some text written on paper somewhere.  If I were to write some things on paper and instruct you to follow them, would you do it?  No?  So why are you doing it because somebody else told you to?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: You´re unbelievable! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

It's quite simple.  You do what is right and not what is wrong, and pay no consequence to what is legal and illegal.  Legal things are often wrong, and illegal things are often right.  All the crimes you mentioned have victims and therefore are wrong.  Smoking a plant has no victim and is therefore not wrong, irrespective of what a bunch of silly men in wigs decided (do they have wigs here?).

smoking a plant has no victim. ok then. what about the vietnamese illegal immigrant that's made to look after the crop in places like the UK who ends up in the slammer and without any money from the guys in vietnam who own the crop? 

**think thats a victim mate

Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be time to move to the UK.

 

Britain is the world’s largest producer of legal cannabis, a new report from the United Nations has revealed. 

Ninety five tonnes of marijuana was produced in the UK in 2016 for medicinal and scientific use, accounting for 44.9 per cent of the world total, its International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) found. 

The UK is also the largest exporter of the drug, with 2.1 tonnes exported in 2016 – roughly 70 per cent of the world’s total, the report stated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cannabis-legal-uk-worlds-largest-producer-marijuana-weed-un-body-findings-a8243921.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Get Real said:

You are really funny. We are talking about the law here. Nobody of reasonable age and sound mind has any right to decide about that.

So who do you think makes the laws?  People in a mental asylum?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, seancbk said:

Might be time to move to the UK.

 

Britain is the world’s largest producer of legal cannabis, a new report from the United Nations has revealed. 

Ninety five tonnes of marijuana was produced in the UK in 2016 for medicinal and scientific use, accounting for 44.9 per cent of the world total, its International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) found. 

The UK is also the largest exporter of the drug, with 2.1 tonnes exported in 2016 – roughly 70 per cent of the world’s total, the report stated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cannabis-legal-uk-worlds-largest-producer-marijuana-weed-un-body-findings-a8243921.html

most of that is GW pharma. they have huge crops on MOD land in kent. 

i hear most of the stuff for sale on the streets come from vietnamese gangs who rent out properties and turn them into crop houses nowadays

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Happy enough said:

smoking a plant has no victim. ok then. what about the vietnamese illegal immigrant that's made to look after the crop in places like the UK who ends up in the slammer and without any money from the guys in vietnam who own the crop? 

**think thats a victim mate

You had it right, up until your last sentence, because that's the essence of the war on drugs: consuming drugs is a harmless activity, it's the prohibition which creates the problem (makes victims) in the first place, not the users. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sapporillo said:

You had it right, up until your last sentence, because that's the essence of the war on drugs: consuming drugs is a harmless activity, it's the prohibition which creates the problem (makes victims) in the first place, not the users. 

maybe. i actually stopped any illegal drugs after a run in with the BIB here when i was a kid. prior to that i did take coke sometimes in the uk until i saw a documentary about how that crap had got to me and the victims that likely suffered for it. prohibition is one argument that i understand but i also understand why lot's of drugs are illegal. it's kind of weird being in HCMC where i have friends that moved there from thailand and they just smoke weed in bars and out on the street in full view of the police. police just don't care over there. imagine smoking a joint out on the street in most places in thailand, 100% the BIB will want money

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Happy enough said:

maybe. i actually stopped any illegal drugs after a run in with the BIB here when i was a kid. prior to that i did take coke sometimes in the uk until i saw a documentary about how that crap had got to me and the victims that likely suffered for it. prohibition is one argument that i understand but i also understand why lot's of drugs are illegal. it's kind of weird being in HCMC where i have friends that moved there from thailand and they just smoke weed in bars and out on the street in full view of the police. police just don't care over there. imagine smoking a joint out on the street in most places in thailand, 100% the BIB will want money

 

Are you sure about Vietnam weed ? Never heard that it is so easy there...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2018 at 8:04 PM, dfdgfdfdgs said:

It's quite simple.  You do what is right and not what is wrong, and pay no consequence to what is legal and illegal.  Legal things are often wrong, and illegal things are often right.  All the crimes you mentioned have victims and therefore are wrong.  Smoking a plant has no victim and is therefore not wrong, irrespective of what a bunch of silly men in wigs decided (do they have wigs here?).

Most of the posters on here seem to be avoiding the fact that most of these dummies were on meth or yaba as well. See it all the time potheads waving the flag with the old, yeah man its only a plant legalise it. I'm a long long way from being a squarehead but as long as it's illegal, it's illegal. So get on whatever ya want but if ya take the punt and get buckled don't come with the boohoo story and please don't try and smother the fact of all the gear the were on not just the stuff that sounds most pleasing to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, starky said:

Most of the posters on here seem to be avoiding the fact that most of these dummies were on meth or yaba as well. See it all the time potheads waving the flag with the old, yeah man its only a plant legalise it. I'm a long long way from being a squarehead but as long as it's illegal, it's illegal. So get on whatever ya want but if ya take the punt and get buckled don't come with the boohoo story and please don't try and smother the fact of all the gear the were on not just the stuff that sounds most pleasing to you.

The word is that actually not a single person of the 23 tested positive for meth or yaba. All ganja

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, toolpush said:

The word is that actually not a single person of the 23 tested positive for meth or yaba. All ganja

If that is true I fully retract obviously but the main story clearly said many also tested positive for methampethamine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/3/2018 at 1:49 AM, starky said:

If that is true I fully retract obviously but the main story clearly said many also tested positive for methampethamine.

I was on the island the week after it happened and I was told it was pills they were busted for. I never saw any drugs but I did not go near the hippy bars while there. Lovely island laid back but very costly for beer and food etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...