VIDEO: Foreigner caught on camera stealing phone from Koh Chang bar girl

rooster59

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

What a complete and utter idiot? I mean pretty much everywhere has CCTV these days, so it is obvious you are going to be spotted. Every week we see people getting nicked for exactly the same stupidity. This shows that farang are quite capable of being totally dumb too. I hope in addition to being relieved of the phone, he is now enjoying an extended holiday in the local jail.

Personally, I think idiocy should become a serious criminal offense ............... :post-4641-1156694572:

3 hours ago, whatwasithinking said:

you do know what CCTV means don't you or are you dim

Are you under the impression that recording cctv footage on a camera phone somehow stops it from being cctv footage?

The guy was 'caught on camera', it was cctv footage. Someone recording the cctv footage from the screen does not change that. 

6 hours ago, Lupatria said:

What's today's phone theft score Foreigner vs Thais 1:12?

This looks really good on you. You actually tried to make the Thais bad when the news regarding a drunk and stupid moronic foreigner stealing a phone.
After Robblok managed to make a quick calculation, you didn´t even succeed with that! Amazing, I hope you feel really proud of your post.

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Although its quite likely that she stole that phone from one of her customers

Here we have another one, that think they get the right to blame Thais when a foreigner steal something. Are you serious?
Try to read what you just posted a couple of times. Then maybe you finally understand how bad it sounds.

13 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Why do these losers keep giving us Farangs  a bad name?  Having said that, if you are stupid enough to leave you phone unattended on a table in the middle of a busy bar then you can't really complain when it goes missing.

In Japan they all put their phone on the table in  a restaurant to show that it's their table..that's why i like Japan so much. Don't want to be among guys like on this video.

16 hours ago, Lupatria said:

What's today's phone theft score Foreigner vs Thais 1:12?

Maybe start again on that one although I did note it was a question and not a statement :smile:.

Maybe you should start by comparing stats by saying people in a hookers bar.  Just a thought...

12 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Roles being reversed. Usually its the bar girl stealing something like money etc. So he will be fined heavily for his actions and if it was the bar girl in the wrong it would " Please  dont do that again there are cameras there ok "

Damn right he should be fined heavily...and barred from re-entering Thailand IMO.  

Have you ever experienced a situation where a bar girl has stolen something valuable from a customer and is just sanctioned with a 'please don't do that again..."?  I haven't but maybe I'm in the minority.

1 hour ago, mgthom63 said:

Damn right he should be fined heavily...and barred from re-entering Thailand IMO.  

Have you ever experienced a situation where a bar girl has stolen something valuable from a customer and is just sanctioned with a 'please don't do that again..."?  I haven't but maybe I'm in the minority.

ok i shall explain myself why i said that Please dont do it again. Always happy to help struggling fellow readers on what message i am trying to point out.  The guy stealing was caught and will be fined and yes prob told to go home . Agreed. But if the roles were reversed and the bar girl was caught stealing which i am sure those little angels dont do. But i am a minority who thinks that The punishment would probably be just a warning and no fine.The point  i am trying to make is the law comes down on farang a lot harder than it does on Thais Have a nice day 

12 hours ago, whatwasithinking said:

CCTV means closed circuit tv so no it means it is a recorded video automatically setup. not somebody recording it live as it happens which would mean someone witnessed the actual theft live & recorded it but said nothing to the thief

Theft was recorded on cctv. Footage of the theft was being played back on the cctv system's monitor. Someone then recorded the footage from the cctv monitor using a mobile device. 

I'm not sure why this is hard for you to understand.

Some inflammatory posts have been removed.  Some troll posts not understanding about the recording of the CCTV being recorded on mobiles before presentation have been removed.  One post explaining this has not been removed. 

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Theft was recorded on cctv. Footage of the theft was being played back on the cctv system's monitor. Someone then recorded the footage from the cctv monitor using a mobile device. 

I'm not sure why this is hard for you to understand.

If you look at the last 2 seconds of the video as he pulls the camera away you see the top of the bar as the person recording lowers the camera not the the corner of a monitor so it must have been a real big monitor he was viewing & recording

On 3/11/2018 at 11:44 AM, Dmaxdan said:

That's not what I said. I made the point that if you leave valuable items unattended, in a busy public environment whether by a one-off mistake or just generally being naive, you've only got yourself to blame if it goes missing. There are too many opportunists out there.

although one can blame himself for leaving things unattended, the blame should go squarely, 100% to the people you gently call "opportunists". I call them filthy thieves that deserve jail time.

I even wonder how you come to defend such criminals.

3 hours ago, whatwasithinking said:

If you look at the last 2 seconds of the video as he pulls the camera away you see the top of the bar as the person recording lowers the camera not the the corner of a monitor so it must have been a real big monitor he was viewing & recording

So they're using an LCD that's on the bar to playback the cctv footage. What's hard to believe about that?

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

So they're using an LCD that's on the bar to playback the cctv footage. What's hard to believe about that?

The top of the bar was in the video. I didn't see the edge of the monitor. Ok i am not the only one who thought it. Perhaps i was wrong perhaps not  but i don't need to be called dim or a troll lol not by you but by someone who has made thousands of posts compared to my meager few 

I have noticed here there seems to be a lot of hostility towards other posters . I don't really get it but can give as good as i get

cheers

The top of the bar was in the video. I didn't see the edge of the monitor. Ok i am not the only one who thought it. Perhaps i was wrong perhaps not  but i don't need to be called dim or a troll lol not by you but by someone who has made thousands of posts compared to my meager few 
I have noticed here there seems to be a lot of hostility towards other posters . I don't really get it but can give as good as i get
cheers

I think you’re referring to me .... sorry about that, it was uncalled for.

Sent from my shed using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived