Jamie Carragher spits at football fan and his 14-year-old daughter in shocking video following Liverpool's defeat to Manchester United

webfact

Jamie Carragher spits at football fan and his 14-year-old daughter in shocking video following Liverpool's defeat to Manchester United

The Sky Sports pundit and former Liverpool and England star has apologised to the girl and her family after firing a mouthful of gob at their car

By Paul Byrne & Tom Davidson

mi.jpg

Carragher appears to spit at fan (Image: Daily Mirror)

Jamie Carragher has apologised to a teenage girl after he spat in her face and her mum branded him “disgusting”.

The Liverpool legend was caught on camera aiming a mouthful of saliva at the passenger window of a car containing the 14-year-old Manchester United fan and her dad after Saturday’s Red Devils victory over the Anfield outfit. She claimed the spittle hit her on the forehead and made her cry.

The dad said “a bit of banter” with the former defender turned ugly after he mentioned the 2-1 scoreline. And he insisted the TV star must have seen his daughter in the passenger seat.

Full story: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-spits-football-fan-12169442

-- Mirror 2018-03-12

2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

This considered mild behavouir in Scouse land,{liverpool  for non Brits] i am surprised he did not follow them to a motorway cafe and knick there car wheels while they were inside eating.

They can knick your wheels in Scouse Land if you are driving through at less than 30mph!

3 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

This considered mild behavouir in Scouse land,{liverpool  for non Brits] i am surprised he did not follow them to a motorway cafe and knick there car wheels while they were inside eating.

Hello Scouse, what district of Liverpool are you from?

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Brilliant that fella, I'm mean no one has ever heard that one, have you got anymore?

Yes!  I got a lot of them from a guy who used to drink in the Farmers, and a few from my Scouse cousins.  What about you?  Have you got any?

He has made a very stupid mistake and has probably made himself unemployable as a football pundit. I will be amazed if no brief gets hooked up with the dad and daughter and sues for assault and distress, it was just harmless banter and did not deserve that response - silly boy. I would be looking at taking Mr Carragher to the cleaners myself, get Nick Freeman on the case (checkmate as he is the top Football get out of jail card)

Just waiting for Evenstevens : the submarine jerk spits flith ober the magic mushroom and rupert the muppet doent give hin the tick sack , if sdat wass drogabe, then useless player who did nothing hr would be respalebed by roman and conteo the  errrrm ,a spitty good day to tou awl

2 hours ago, Lokie said:

He has made a very stupid mistake and has probably made himself unemployable as a football pundit. I will be amazed if no brief gets hooked up with the dad and daughter and sues for assault and distress, it was just harmless banter and did not deserve that response - silly boy. I would be looking at taking Mr Carragher to the cleaners myself, get Nick Freeman on the case (checkmate as he is the top Football get out of jail card)

Assault and distress? Science would suggest that spit flew nowhere near anything except his own face or back window, and how the hell are you going to be traumatized by someone spitting out a window....Being from Manchester I'd imagine they've seen a lot more distressing scenes with regularity.

If he was going to be sacked Sky's would of done so already so they suspended him til it blows over and he will return.......hopefully. 

Moment of madness and he couldn't apologise any more than he has. 

He will get ribbed  forever for it especially by football fans. 

46 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

If he was going to be sacked Sky's would of done so already so they suspended him til it blows over and he will return.......hopefully. 

Moment of madness and he couldn't apologise any more than he has. 

He will get ribbed  forever for it especially by football fans. 

It's not a moment of madness.  Spitting is a filthy thing to do, and only certain types spit at people.

I've never thought about spitting at someone in my entire life. Hitting yes, but spitting - absolutely not.

This incident has revealed what type of a person he is. That cannot be unrevealed. He is toast as far as Sky punditry is concerned.

32 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's not a moment of madness.  Spitting is a filthy thing to do, and only certain types spit at people.

I've never thought about spitting at someone in my entire life. Hitting yes, but spitting - absolutely not.

This incident has revealed what type of a person he is. That cannot be unrevealed. He is toast as far as Sky punditry is concerned.

We will see. I doubt they will sack him but time will tell. 

16 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Assault and distress? Science would suggest that spit flew nowhere near anything except his own face or back window, and how the hell are you going to be traumatized by someone spitting out a window....Being from Manchester I'd imagine they've seen a lot more distressing scenes with regularity.

I'm afraid you are completely out of touch and your 'Science' is flawed...

Read the op again and check the full report - 14 year old daughter reported spit landed in her hair and on her forehead, now that might be acceptable wherever you come from but it amounts to assault under UK law.

Does not matter where they came from (Manchester or Liverpool or Tim-Buk-Too) or what you assume they may/may not have seen with regularity, the fact is if you are the victim of a spitting attack then it will cause distress to the victim, now then HIV, Hepatitis etc?

As I said if was my daughter I would be seeking legal advice, whether it can be proven in court for an assault charge is one thing but pretty sure with the video evidence and his public admission that there is a civil case against him and it will cost him some of his money to put right and rightly so - disgusting and is a crime.

He will not work for Sky again - you watch, no UK show will now touch him.  

Always knew he was a wrong 'un'. 

'But, I was goaded three or four times after my team lost'

You're a 40 year old man F F S. I don't think I have got angry after losing a football game since I was about 13. 

On 12/03/2018 at 5:31 PM, CG1 Blue said:

He is toast as far as Sky punditry is concerned.

"The broadcaster says the decision was made following an internal review, adding: "Before the start of the next season we will sit down with Jamie to discuss whether he is ready to return to his role."........he will be back next season. 

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

"The broadcaster says the decision was made following an internal review, adding: "Before the start of the next season we will sit down with Jamie to discuss whether he is ready to return to his role."........he will be back next season. 

I'll believe it when I see it.

Unless they bring him back as part of a double act, with Bob Carolgees

Archived