Video: Like an action movie as gun toting cops thwarted in Rayong drugs bust

webfact

Video: Like an action movie as gun toting cops thwarted in Rayong drugs bust

ry.jpg
video screenshot

CCTV footage from outside a gas station in Rayong showed cops in two vehicles try to hem in a pick-up suspected of carrying a drugs gang.

As one car attempted to block from the rear another police vehicle came alongside and several officers confronted the pick up driver.

But he reversed in a flurry of dust and black smoke through a mini-mart sign and back onto the road.

The pick-up then made its escape as officers attempted to shoot out the tires, reported Sanook.

Sanook said it was like an action movie reporting that the incident occurred around midday on Friday at the PTT gas station on the Pluak Daeng to Saphan 4 road in Pluak Daeng district.

Earlier an informant had told Pluak Daeng cops there would be a drugs delivery.

No arrest was made as the pick-up driving in the direction of Saphan 4 market escaped.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-12

Damn, here in the USA, once that truck makes a move towards the cops, there likely would be a hail of bullets and not just at the tires.  But how he escapes just amazes me.  No cop radios?  No communication?  No other units in the area?  What a bunch of amateurs.  Now they will go check the license plate (maybe)  then wait a while to see if he is connected, then they will probably drop the issue and do nothing

Attempted is right but thats it
It is actually more difficult to hit a Target than most think
But on saying that 2 cops with Glocks or similar should not have a problem with a least 1 bullet hitting the desired place on the vehicle. Some more training I would think not just for shooting at an offender but controlling those shots for public safety

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Keystone cops !

Thai comedy reaches new heights,   how cops can miss shooting out Tyres from 5 feet away is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, car720 said:

Why didn't the grey cop car just stay pulled up directly behind him like he did on the first run.  Why back away and come in at a stupid angle.

Waiting for plain unmarked envelopes perhaps 555

2 hours ago, peterquixote said:

I don't agree it makes the cops look idiots. The block was reasonable, its true they could have used a heavy truck, but they could have shot into the cab to kill, but did not. 

Well they should have shot into the vehicle and not at the tires. The cops looked extremely unprofessional to me.

1 hour ago, Bob1million said:

Attempted is right but thats it
It is actually more difficult to hit a Target than most think
But on saying that 2 cops with Glocks or similar should not have a problem with a least 1 bullet hitting the desired place on the vehicle. Some more training I would think not just for shooting at an offender but controlling those shots for public safety

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

a machine gun would do

4 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Watch it better:  the white pickup ( police) followed immediately.

True.  But at a leisurely pace.  Not paid well enough to risk getting injured by rough fellows like that.   RTP. Underpaid, undertrained and in a setup like this, well undermanned and under supported by vehicles in the actual block and stop or ready backup staff.   Rank amateurs playing as professionals.

Archived