Video: "Society heads down" buried in phones and heading for oblivion!

webfact

Video: "Society heads down" buried in phones and heading for oblivion!

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Footage from a rear facing camera on a car showed the moment when a motorcyclist - looking at his phone and not even wearing a helmet - smashes into the back of the vehicle in front.

The rider crashes to the road and is lucky that a following car does not run over him.

He picks himself up and survives - this time.

The footage was posted on Facebook by Praphop Chungyampin who said that society has their heads buried in their phones. Despite having insurance he now has to waste time for this man to get his car repaired.

He added that if his vehicle had been a truck the rider would already be facing up in a coffin.

The incident was shared more than 27,000 times and was viewed on some of the most popular sites on Thai social media.

The motorcyclist came in for universal criticism for being an idiot and wasting other people's time with his patent lawbreaking.

The law allows for a fine of 400 - 1000 baht for phone use while operating a vehicle and 500 baht for not wearing a helmet.

No mention was made in the Daily News story of police involvement in this case.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-13

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, webfact said:

The motorcyclist came in for universal criticism for being an idiot and wasting other people's time with his patent lawbreaking.

Universal criticism?  Yeah, like he's the only person who's guilty of this. Pot meets kettle. 

Yes, rank stupidity. But this obsession with being glued to the mobile phone really is a societal sickness now - it's reached epidemic proportions (and not just in Thailand, but equally in England too, and the West generally).

People (especially - but not only - the young) are totally addicted to their mobile toys, and actually get withdrawal symptoms if they are separated from that toy for a short space. Psychologists are now recognising that this truly is a mental illness.

You could drop an atom bomb beside one of these fools and they would not even notice it: too busy posting the latest photo of the sandwich which they just ate - which of course all the world is so keen and desperate to see (not)!

22 minutes ago, Eligius said:

People (especially - but not only - the young) are totally addicted to their mobile toys, and actually get withdrawal symptoms if they are separated from that toy for a short space. Psychologists are now recognising that this truly is a mental illness.

You could drop an atom bomb beside one of these fools and they would not even notice it: too busy posting the latest photo of the sandwich which they just ate - which of course all the world is so keen and desperate to see (not)!

Yes  it is getting crazy, people glued to their smart phones,not me, i am a boring old fart who still uses a Nokia push button phone.

Jip 99 please take note of  what Elgius has posted.:cheesy::cheesy:

Multi tasking while riding or driving a car is a major problem in Thailand, many times I have passed slow moving cars or bikes where the driver or rider is either on the phone eating or numerous other activities, They will not pull over but just go on with their activity with no concern for other road users.

After a not dissimilar event I added a rear view camera to my existing forward facing one. Highly recommended.

The article is not clear but it appears that the motorbike rider had insurance. 

What to do when he has not and a policeman blithely says to a Farang  "he have no money"?  Insist he goes to court or just pay up?

The last time I was stopped the cop stuck his head right into the car to look at the cameras and called me Sir.

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

Yes, rank stupidity. But this obsession with being glued to the mobile phone really is a societal sickness now - it's reached epidemic proportions (and not just in Thailand, but equally in England too, and the West generally).

It's ridiculous !!

Just about everyday, have fools walking & not looking where going, I stop & they walk into me!! 

Seems no one speaks anymore, just send msgs!! 

Whilst phones have there valuable use in society; the current usage trend is  worrying & appalling!

44 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

An average of 9 hours per day on their phones, internet, etc. Watching the neighbors give a 2 year old the phone to keep him busy.

True, my neighbors teenage son talks like a retard because his social/communication skills have been honed by a computer and cell phone (mostly games) it's hilarious to attempt a conversation with him.

Meanwhile, his award winning parents are oblivious as they are both Facebook zombies as well.

6 minutes ago, eggers said:

It's ridiculous !!

Just about everyday, have fools walking & not looking where going, I stop & they walk into me!! 

Seems no one speaks anymore, just send msgs!! 

Whilst phones have there valuable use in society; the current usage trend is  worrying & appalling!

Do the trannies 'walk into you' ?

Be careful of an unwanted pregnancy.

Archived