Video: "Society heads down" buried in phones and heading for oblivion!

webfact

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, HLover said:

True, my neighbors teenage son talks like a retard because his social/communication skills have been honed by a computer and cell phone (mostly games) it's hilarious to attempt a conversation with him.

Meanwhile, his award winning parents are oblivious as they are both Facebook zombies as well.

images (2).jpeg

i see this everyday....how can anyone even assume to be able to drive a motorbike whilst chatting or in some cases even facetiming..... i use my phone obviously alot too but i feel many people just like to hide behind their phone because they have nothing to say. its the death of real life interactions. i also blame most of the traffic problems on the fact that literally everyone especially in cars is hooked to their phones and dont oay attention... just check out sukhumvit road in the morning 

Thailand government to Thai population!

Do not talk on the phone or text while driving!  This is one of the many millions of rules or laws that one must follow here in the LOS! 

This is the best we can do it is Thailand honor system which we know doesn't work, what works is ENFORCEMENT with EDUCATION!

Also notice that there's a driveway literally a meter from where he stops that would be perfect for moving the bike out of the oncoming traffic he still parks it in the street.  This is such a typical behavior that makes me think that nobody here is aware that all effort should be made not to obstruct moving traffic when one is parking or even making a short stop.  i see it all the time.  cars and bikes just stop where they were to conduct their business and screw everybody behind them.  no consideration for anybody else whatsoever.  very tiring.

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Notice how he slides his phone back in his pocket straight away... 

Nice try sonny but dash cams and stupidity are here to stay :)

What is more remarkable than his presence of mind to hide the phone quickly, is his ability to hang on to his phone throughout the whole incident. This small piece of skill aside, he's just another proper idiot.

5 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Normal behavior on the roads in Thailand.

lagh at.jpg

Actually, quite normal on the roads in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia too. I drive there frequently, and it's becoming more and more regular to come across a car which driver seems unsure of where he/she is going, wavering and tentative, straddling the while lines, braking intermittently when the road ahead is quite clear and/or sudden increase or decrease in speed. If you get to overtake these idiots, chances are you will see they have their damned faces buried in their damned smartphones. I only wish they will hit something - only not another car, motorcycle or pedestrian. A tree or a huge boulder would be a good start.

If the government promoted this sort of thing it would be so much better for everyone of us.

since one less bike or user on any road improves things for everyone else.

I have a business proposition for someone, I need something that will automatically ring and text every mobile device around me.  Would be so great for traffic jams.

Talking of 'heads down' as in the article heading, I was reading awhile back, that pedestrians in Japan are walking around 'heads down' so much that they are colliding with each other on the sidewalks.

Authorities are now considering putting 'walk/don't walk lights on the pavement at zebra crossings, so that the 'heads down society' can see them without looking up!

Oh, just how sad does it get?

Spending all day on TVF maybe!

1 hour ago, Brickbat said:

ITS a worldwide problem. There’s carnage on Australian roads too. And recently, a 10 ft tall waving Darth Vader was mostly unnoticed on a busy US thoroughfare as folks were glued to their screens whilst Walking.

They should have put a tall waving nerd with an assault rifle for those nutters and see who noticed.

Archived