Video: "Society heads down" buried in phones and heading for oblivion!

webfact

I see this behavior all the time with people on motorbikes have come to the conclusion they must have a death wish.

Its not only on motorbikes if I go to a restaurant or for a coffee people are sitting there with the phones not conversing, over time they may lose the ability to speak with each other.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jimdandy said:

The issue I am addressing is how social media is changing culture in every society. Thais did not create social media yet you blame them for doing what others do. Why not blame the person in any city who walks into a glass door because they are texting or reading or the kids on snowboards that wipe out others or the kids walking in the rain under an umbrella who walk out into traffic, same behavior different conditions...BTW 'let us all know'? Speak for yourself.

Still waiting for what the hidden agenda is you have accused me of having ? :coffee1:

The issue I am addressing is how social media is changing culture in every society.

No your not.

what you are doing is being a Thai apologist. the scale of things bad on the roads in Thailand,  are in now way the same as the USA.  you obviously don't ride or drive here  on a regular biases, or you would know this. :stoner:

I can go out my front door and within 3 minutes i will see exactly the same behavior as in the clip,   can you say the same in your home town,   in falang land ?                         don't think so, some how. :thumbsup:

BTW.  Not seen any snowboarders down the Sukhumvit road Bangkok for a few years. :cheesy:

On 13/03/2018 at 10:34 AM, Eligius said:

Yes, rank stupidity. But this obsession with being glued to the mobile phone really is a societal sickness now - it's reached epidemic proportions (and not just in Thailand, but equally in England too, and the West generally).

People (especially - but not only - the young) are totally addicted to their mobile toys, and actually get withdrawal symptoms if they are separated from that toy for a short space. Psychologists are now recognising that this truly is a mental illness.

You could drop an atom bomb beside one of these fools and they would not even notice it: too busy posting the latest photo of the sandwich which they just ate - which of course all the world is so keen and desperate to see (not)!

True, and as you say not only the younger ones,it appears to be that watching where you are going comes second to the Phone for many.

58 minutes ago, eddysmit said:

True, and as you say not only the younger ones,it appears to be that watching where you are going comes second to the Phone for many.

Yes even the RTP. Saw a motorcycle RTP on Sukhumvit Soi 4 this morning with his face into his phone, looking up occasionally as he progressed down the Soi. I would have loved to have had a picture of that. It should be easy enough to get one the way things are going out there.

• 2 weeks later...

This technology is pretty new for a lot of us but just imagine what the people in 5, 10, 15 years from now, who grew up with it, will be like. 

I honestly believe that worse things lie ahead as the young ones grow up glued to their devices 24/7.

29 minutes ago, djayz said:

This technology is pretty new for a lot of us but just imagine what the people in 5, 10, 15 years from now, who grew up with it, will be like. 

I honestly believe that worse things lie ahead as the young ones grow up glued to their devices 24/7.

They probably won't survive the nuclear and/or economic meltdown to come...

If they do, they will be the first generation of robots that we have been waiting for so long.

It is not humans that will build robot-machines, but the machines that are actively building human robots...all of that without the need of any intelligence, artificial or else...on the contrary!

Archived