New Forum For Us Too Fat

george

Hello there,

We have a forum for people Drinking Too Much.

We have a forum for Stop Smoking.

I am 186 cm and weighing 101 kilo.

I am too fat.

I am eating a lot of pizzas and unhealthy food.

How do I manage to be a 'handsome man" again?

Exercise?

Better diet?

Stop eat?

Exersise (can't even spell it!)

How to cook it?

I was lazy - but have to do something about it! NOW!

New forum created. Bookmark it! :o

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea George.

Why not.

I'm too fat too...and I find it very difficult to loose weight here as I don't really like Thai Food that much.

I was perfect body weight to height when I moved to thailand 4 years ago...now its all out the window,

I need to shed at least 8kg. I have diebetis so that just exacapates the problem.

I drink to much

I smoke too much

I dont excersise

I eat the wrong foods

I know someone will say "Get a grip" but that is easier said than done !!!

So anyone else want to join the Thai branch of "Fatfighters"??

Cheers

Thai (Fat) Pauly

Good idea George.

Why not.

I'm too fat too...and I find it very difficult to loose weight here as I don't really like Thai Food that much.

I was perfect body weight to height when I moved to thailand 4 years ago...now its all out the window,

I need to shed at least 8kg. I have diebetis so that just exacapates the problem.

I drink to much

I smoke too much

I dont excersise

I eat the wrong foods

I know someone will say "Get a grip" but that is easier said than done !!!

So anyone else want to join the Thai branch of "Fatfighters"??

Cheers

Thai (Fat) Pauly

Count me in !!

And any good / efficient tip will be appreciated.....

cheers

George, you are lucky the forum doesnt have that many female...and especially not many thai females. cos all thai females i know think they are too fat :D even the skinny ones :o

I'm baffled by this forum. What is its purpose?

The answer to being overweight is uniformly known. Eat a balanced diet, avoid too much fat and carbohydrates, and exercise regularly.

It aint rocket science.

If more calories are burnt than calories consumed, you lose weight.

You can send me my cheque in the mail.

The answer to being overweight is uniformly known. Eat a balanced diet, avoid too much fat and carbohydrates, and exercise regularly.

It aint rocket science.

A calorie (joule?)is a unit of energy,The amount of energy needed to heat one gram of water one degree celcius.How can 'the powers that be' make this standard when every bodies 'body' is different is amazing.

For me,what has worked is looking at food with a low GI....fats included.It can actually lower cholesterol ,but can also be quite tough on the kidneys.Even by eating foods way over your so called "more calories are burnt than calories consumed" limit,many people are able to lose weight.Fcuks up the calorie thingie all round really.Not for everybody.

The calorie theory works for some people,but not all.I know quite a tubby guy that eats a reasonable diet and runs between 5 and 15 miles a day.He trains for marathons and he does not drink grog either.he is one fit and ..tubby man. :o

^the above is true. I have been on exercise "binges" before; all they seem to do is tighten up the fat a bit more.

The Atkins theory seems to hold true for some of us "heavies": we don't handle the extra carbohydrates very well. They're hard to avoid, though. Maybe as a happy medium I can try to cut out just the desserts, breads, rices, and pastas: keep eating moderate healthy carbs like fruits & veggies.

Other things that have worked for me in the past (while I have remembered them) are: not eating at night, not keeping food in the house, drinking more water.

"S"

^the above is true. I have been on exercise "binges" before; all they seem to do is tighten up the fat a bit more.

The Atkins theory seems to hold true for some of us "heavies": we don't handle the extra carbohydrates very well. They're hard to avoid, though. Maybe as a happy medium I can try to cut out just the desserts, breads, rices, and pastas: keep eating moderate healthy carbs like fruits & veggies.

Other things that have worked for me in the past (while I have remembered them) are: not eating at night, not keeping food in the house, drinking more water.

"S"

So you're a fatty then are you?

I'm still not sure about Atkins, has anyone here actually tried it & had success? I always thought the food pyramid was the healthy way to eat. The other problem with me & Atkins is that I naturally have low blood sugar (Mum is an insulin dependent diabetic & seemingly that affected me!?) & carbs - bread, rice, pasta are really important to me. If I had a meal without them, I'd be woozy later on. I do eat brown rice, wholegrain bread etc.

Having said all that, even though I'm not fat, I could do with losing about 5kg (I'm 1m 72cm) so any (non Atkins) ideas would be gratefully received. :o

It aint rocket science.

The same way as we have the I drink too much and the Stop Smoking fora.

Group support

I'm in the fat club too.

We all seem to know why: Bad eating and drinking habits. Smoking has nothing to do with fat. If anything, they say smokers tend to eat less. Exersise (not to be spelled correctly unless it is done first) helps, but food and drink are the key.

At least we all seem to be aware of why we are fat.

I can't stand the people who are not affected by any biologycal disfunction and keep saying "I can't understand why I put on weight" (not having a go at you maccaroni man, as other posters said, you may be changing your body mass with the exercise... but it may be worth for you to go through your eating and drinking habits, just to make sure there is nothing there that explains it).

How does the "support" bit work? So far it looks more like "consolation in numbers". Most people, inluding me, have indicated "I could do with losing some weight", but I can't remember reading "and this is what I am prepared to do about it".

I've gained and lost many kilos over the past ten years (gained more than lost... and I suspect that is the irony bronco had in his comment about having lost more than 100 kg easily).

I guess that since it does not affect my health, at least immediately, I take the easy path and I'm not really prepared to get into a hard-suffering program for weight loss.

Today I weight 4 kg less than last year. Admittedly lost with almost no sacrifice. Considering I should lose 20/25/30 more, it would be good to find extra motivation, so I'll keep an eye on this thread. Good luck to all :o

i'm the only guy i know who goes to the gym 3 to5 times a week and gains 10kg??????!!!!!!!! help is needed for sure.

That's quite normal in the beginning. What happens is your fat is transformed into muscle tissue which weights more.

Fat is fat, muscle is muscle. Fat cannot transform into muscle tissue. You can lose fat and gain muscle which could increase your weight slightly. It depends what workout you do. If you just exercise, you will lose weight by losing fat. If you do just weight lifting you will gain weight. If you do both your losing fat and gaining muscle so you may only lose a little or you may even gain weight slightly.

Hmmm mods will have to keep any eye on this forum - gonna be major piss taking. :o

Agreed. To that end, as someone who needs the subforum and doesn't need the guff, I've accepted the role of local mod here. Those who know me from other sections of Thaivisa will already know that my tolerance for personal comments and offensive remarks is very, very low. To a certain extent I'm hoping for our members to set the tone for this subforum, but anything that even looks like rude behavior, fat jokes, etc. from troublemakers will earn very strict disciplinary attention. You have now been warned!

Respectfully request the Super Moderator to allow us to have a few laughs at ourselves and with other forum members. Can't take things too seriously all the time. 9 out of 10 dietists say that refrained laughs go directly to your 'love handles'.

Id.ots who think are funny, but actually rude, be sent into the cauldron where all our lost fat melts in eternal... too unpleasant thing to even imagine :o

You can be sure that I appreciate a good laugh at myself- it's so easy!- and I'm not trying to eliminate fun, here. But as BM says, and as Barney proves, we're going to get some trolls and cranks in here who only want to criticise, fool around, or taunt, not contribute and participate. My message is for them. The rest of you don't need to worry.

"Steven"

Hello there,

We have a forum for people Drinking Too Much.

We have a forum for Stop Smoking.

I am 186 cm and weighing 101 kilo.

I am too fat.

I am eating a lot of pizzas and unhealthy food.

How do I manage to be a 'handsome man" again?

Exercise?

Better diet?

Stop eat?

Exersise (can't even spell it!)

How to cook it?

I was lazy - but have to do something about it! NOW!

New forum created. Bookmark it! :D

Swap the Beer Chang for Diet Coke. :o

It aint rocket science.

AGREED

Fat people / overweight / obese ect. ect. are usually so because in most cases they over endulge and do not take enough exercise / do enough physical work to burn all the calories off.

If you CANNOT apply these two activities for whatever reason then the only way you will loose weight is to cut down on your food and calorie loaded drinking. ( both non alchohol and alchohol )

It,s as SIMPLE as that.

Denial and making excuses is no good whatsoever if the desire to change is not there.

We are talking grown up and mature people here who with average intelligence are capable of looking in the mirror, observing reality and then face it and act on it.

No club is going to stop you filling your mouth / stomach with you " know what your consuming. "

While i applaud the idea of support it,s up to the individual to act CUT DOWN and if you are able, EXERCISE.

Change your life style, learn about good foods / bad ones and a start a healthy, balanced diet.

Then the new forum will be a useful thread and have a positive effect.

If you are concerned about your weight this is the ONLY way to lose the POUNDS / KILO,S

Forget the slimming tablets, because there isn,t a pill out there that can genuinely make them disappear and are just a waste, as any weight related expert of integrity will tell you.

marshbags :D:o:D

P.S.

Good luck to those who need to loose weight and i hope you achieve your goal.

I,m being genuine here and not sarcastic, condescending, unsympathetic, just giving / offering you the facts.

Edited by marshbags