2018 salaries, jobs and job postings

ozmeldo

An agency I'd run across is hiring THAI graduates apparently without degrees in education to serve as teachers throughout the nation. 

While our discussion took place at a top university in Bangkok, I would surmise by our conversation that they will be making the rounds to perhaps the top ten. The agency was not affiliated with the university.

Said agency is searching for university grads to teach in the English language - mini EP it sounded like. English, a few subjects. The pay was 23-28k pm.

I'm personally very pleased to hear this, the country paying proper wages to Thai teachers. So, if you're on the bottom end of the ladder you might want to step up your game.

The higher salary was for outside BKK, housing and resettlement allowances. It did not sound like they were looking for lifetime committments.

On another note, looking at the job postings this term, thus far another dreary year with few exceptions and fewer plumb opportunities - same agencies, same schools. Salaries look fairly dire, same crap 36-40kpm rubbish. Churn and burn.

Career minded teachers should be seeing on average salary increases of 4k per year up to 50-60k in better public, public/private schools. It might require a few hops, but it's doable.

May the odds be ever in your favor..

Archived