Samui Immigration office - current requirements

Hi.

I went to the 'new' immgration today to do 90 day report. Just can't avoid that Chaweng - Nathon schlep!

No problem with the 90 day report, I was in and out in ten minutes, everyone friendly and helpful. I got there at 9.45 and only eight customers in office.

I did clarify two things though.

1. The medical report must be from Samui Hospital in Nathon.

2. They now require a copy of the "Blue Book" for my place of residence in addition to the rental agreement and copy of landlord's ID that was previously required (on the list of reuirements it says "household" but the guy at the information desk showed me what this meant).

Regarding the medical report, there was a previous post that said the poster had got a medical for certificate from Thai International Hospital. I have not seen a follow up post saying that this was accepted by immigration or not.

It would be helpful if people who post here about this subject would advise other users what the result of their actions were.

Regards

At least 2 people have told me their med certs from TIH were accepted at the new office.

This Blue book lark is new. I'm in there soon (90 day) and will see if I can turn anything else up while there.

You're lucky it's no longer in Nation as a sizeable landslide closed the road on top of Nation hill yesterday & it might still be blocked/unsafe.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

So confusion reigns regarding the Hospital. While I was waiting I heard a German fella with a Thia girl ask the same questionabout the hospital and got the same answer as me. The lad actually wrote "Samui" before the word hospital on the list of requirements he gave me.

Maybe you could let me know how your 90 day goes?

Regards

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rooo said:

Mate went today , needed medical from Nathon hospital & lady being difficult about google map, needed hand drawn / linear map.

Just to clarify, this was for retirement extension.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

So this thread is not for 90-day reporting...

I think there is another recently updated thread running about retirement extensions – and to OP: I did mine less than two weeks ago (posted in the other thread) and used a 250 baht medical statement from TIH (Thai International Hospital).

The plot thickens. I popped in to Thai International Hospital today and was told at the reception desk that they had no problem providing the "Visa" (their word) medical certificate, no blood or urine samples taken and the cost 850 Baht.

So we have posts saying it HAS to be Nathon Hospital, posts saying TIH is okay to use, one post giving the cost as 250 Baht from TIH.

We also have immigration saying it HAS to be issued by Nathon Hospital and we have TIH saying they can issue but the cost is 850 baht.

I'm not even going to address the post about a hand drawn map being required as well as the Google Earth map, it's too bizarre.

It's a good thing this madness only has to be addressed once a year..........for now!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tocher said:

Thankyou Samuijimmy, If the big chief says any hospital then that's good enough for me.

Like myself I think all applicants for any extension are happy to submit all documents "as required" as they wish there stay in Thailand to be extended with the minimum of fuss.

The problem, as evidenced by the number of posts on this (extensions in general) subject, is that the "requirements" are not as clear as they could be.

Agree, it would be good to have an official list at/from Immigration, also for those applying for other extension than Retirement only.

Like in the old Immigration office in Nathon, where they finally got this note (below) in the window, up shortly (I think about 6 month) before they moved – I looked for it in the new office, but I couldn't see it; but perhaps it sits between the help-posters on the ground floor tables for filling in the documents, where I did not check each poster that carefully...

2016-new-immigration-rule_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2016 at 0:50 PM, Tocher said:

2. They now require a copy of the "Blue Book" for my place of residence in addition to the rental agreement and copy of landlord's ID that was previously required (on the list of reuirements it says "household" but the guy at the information desk showed me what this meant).

So are these residency proofs required for extending a RETIREMENT visa on Samui. I have never been asked for anything other than a copy of my lease agreement. Copy of BLUE book or YELLOW book (what are these), photo of landlord, copy of landlord's I.D.?

Thank You for your responses......

3 hours ago, BONGOMAN said:

So are these residency proofs required for extending a RETIREMENT visa on Samui. I have never been asked for anything other than a copy of my lease agreement. Copy of BLUE book or YELLOW book (what are these), photo of landlord, copy of landlord's I.D.?

If you are renting, you just need letter or contact from Landlord... Map of your residence ... letter from bank and photo copies of bank book .... **depending on which way you show your income, if the 65,000 baht per month then a copy of that which I believe your embassy does to prove income....  Doctors certificate which can be be any hospital ... oh...  and 1900 baht!

Supposedly a meeting of all heads of Immigration from across Thailand  in BKK this week... things could change!

3 hours ago, samuijimmy said:
6 hours ago, BONGOMAN said:

So are these residency proofs required for extending a RETIREMENT visa on Samui. I have never been asked for anything other than a copy of my lease agreement. Copy of BLUE book or YELLOW book (what are these), photo of landlord, copy of landlord's I.D.?

f you are renting, you just need letter or contact from Landlord... Map of your residence ... letter from bank and photo copies of bank book .... **depending on which way you show your income, if the 65,000 baht per month then a copy of that which I believe your embassy does to prove income....  Doctors certificate which can be be any hospital ... oh...  and 1900 baht!

Supposedly a meeting of all heads of Immigration from across Thailand  in BKK this week... things could change!

I believe they also require a copy of the Blue House Book, i.e. the Landlord's when renting, re. earlier posts in this thread.

Bongoman, The Blue Book is a so-called "House Book" that all houses in Thailand has, the book is proof of address and who is registered as living in that house; Thais only, the other mentioned Yellow House Book is for foreign names only. Ask your landlord for a photocopy of the Blue House Book and have the landlord to sign the photocopy, and furthermore a signed photocopy of your landlord's ID-card, which may be needed together with the copy of your lease/rent agreement.

In addition you shall need a print of Google Map showing the house, and clearly marked – they can make that in the shop outside the Immigration Office, another poster mentioned recently a cost of 40 baht – and you may be asked for a hand drawn map also, in addition to the printed Google map.

Furthermore, remember to go to a hospital and ask for a medical letter for Retirement Extension – Thai Inter opposite Tesco in Bo Phut (Chaweng) can do it for 250 baht – as without that, you may need to get it anyway and "come back tomorrow".

But as SamuiJimmy say's, things can change – they change all the time – so either follow the posts in this Forum, or go and ask at Immigration Office a few days in advance, exactly what is needed.:smile:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, michemiche said:

Just get my 90 day report online approved today.... 1st time in 2 years.
So glad to not need to go to Samui just for that (i live in Koh Pha Ngan)

I got mine approved online a couple of weeks ago.  It took about 4 days for the approval to come through for me.  I'm in (was on) the same boat as you.  Since all the early ferries go to Nathon it is nice not to have to visit Maenam for 5 minutes work.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just returned from the Samui Immigration office and can report the following regarding the processing of my second retirement extension. Firstly I will state that I applied 10 working days before my visa expired.  I obtained my medical certification from the International Hospital in about 20 minuets 250 baht, very smooth process after presenting myself at the main reception counter. At Samui Immigration stand in the left line, there are signs indicating which line is for short term and long term extensions but they are paper taped to the counter and hard to see. I presented my passport and signed copies, Income statement from the US Embassy, Blue book copy with signed letter by my landlord, Google map which I had hand drawn a linear map on the reverse side, Medical certification. I was asked to come back 45 minuets later which was 11:45 a.m. and the doors were locked so I took the side stairs ( employee stairs and was admitted ) I was greeted by the friendly agent and we reviewed my documents, I was asked to come back in seven working days and provide a copy of my bank book, I told the agent that the deposited amount was small and she stated that any amount would suffice as it was supplemental to my Embassy Income Statement. I was also asked to take to my landlord a form for reporting my residency, I stated that my landlord had already filed that report at the local police station and the requirement was waived. So I am without my passport for the next 10 days but I expect things will be processed smoothly. I must say that I was very well treated by the immigration officer a female working the counter. Also they did not accept my 1900 baht application fee at this time.

Thanks to all BM's for the valuable input!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that nowadays it takes a few working days for them to process the paperwork. And during that time they keep your passport at the office. You only get a printed number tag as receipt. Last year we got our extension within 1 1/2 hours. This time it took us 5 days...

How strange, apart from having to go back with my bank book, once I had given them everything they needed, my extention was approved within an hour! During  5 years of retirement extention applications I've never had to wait more than a few hours, let alone 10 days. Hope this is not going to become the norm.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2017 at 2:41 PM, PoorSucker said:

One question, does Samui immigration accept fixed deposit accounts for monetary requirement?

Unless the new IO has a different policy to Nok.  No they don't, they want a current account and have asked people to go to the bank and deposit 100 baht to show that the money is still there on that day.

On 3/22/2017 at 8:41 AM, PoorSucker said:

One question, does Samui immigration accept fixed deposit accounts for monetary requirement?

Don't know if I understand your question correct, but I use long-term fixed deposits, 9 to 15 month , for better interest, and have never had a problem with that.

The banks will print an authorized statement showing the balance, stampled together with the bank's confirmation letter. Last October I had a long-term fixed account, when renewing my permission to stay, based on retirement.

However so-called Fund Book (mutual funds) are no longer accepted, but I could use them the first number of years here, i.e. till sometime before 2010. As the is a (minor) investment risk-factor, Fund Books are not accepted anymore, as the actual balance when selling the funds, may be (little) less than shown.

The important thing with fixed accounts is that you at any time can withdraw the balance, which normally is possible with loss of interest.

• Like 2

A friend of mine from Phangan went last week for his yearly extension (marriage). Handed in all his papers early moring, completed some missing stuff. Was told by the '2nd in command' to come back 3 hours later. So he came back at 3PM and was told all papers OK. Unfortunately they couldn't give him the signature because 'the boss must sign and is not here, so please come back in seven days to get your signed extension'! My friend was mightily pissed off!

Any commission officer can sign.
They probably wanted some tea money.
First time I refused, some nine years ago, showed him that I was recording on my cell phone, no problems since that.
Put your cell phone on record when dealing with them, gives you leverage.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks a lot khunPer for your kind replies. 

My initial idea was to do the health check at First Western Hospital on Koh Phangan, but they told me it must be done "at a government hospital", therefore I was wondering if anyone had some experience with a health check from the Government Hospital on Koh Phangan accepted or not accepted by Koh Samui immigration.

It's good to know that Koh Samui Immigration normally only accepts the visa extension 1 week before it is due. Last year I did it 2.5 weeks before and it was no problem, but things might have changed or it depends on the officer / weather / whatever...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:58 PM, evadgib said:

Can someone please post a first hand account of retirement extn process since 01Apr? I'm due soon & hope to avoid this years bear-traps :passifier:

(Letter-from-Embassy route).

Here is what I picked up today and scanned for you:

SAMUI005.jpg

• Like 2

Yes everything was processed correctly and I have my passport. I believe the reason they kept my passport was only to process my extension on the correct day to give me a full one year. The ten day wait was only due to a weekending and my early submission. I also want to mention that they also processed and issued an in-sync multiple reentry permit ant the total cost was about 6500 baht. 

Yery easy to obtain if you have all your papers, photos, documents prepared ahead of time.   Thanks to all!