Samui Immigration office - current requirements

Just returned from Immigration.

They are enforcing the TM.30 notification from house-master that a foreigner is living there now.

Rest of Thailand have to fill in the TM 30 form, but of course not Samui.

They demands it be made online on http://www.suratimmigration.go.th/

You must bring the receipt although.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Just returned from Immigration.

They are enforcing the TM.30 notification from house-master that a foreigner is living there now.

Rest of Thailand have to fill in the TM 30 form, but of course not Samui.

They demands it be made online on http://www.suratimmigration.go.th/

You must bring the receipt although.

Ops, I'm the House Master in the House Book, and I'm also the foreigner living there..?:sad:

5 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Try doing it yourself, you'll probably need help from a Thai. 

Thanks I've already done it; and yes, little help needed. But in general quite simple – if it doesn't work first time, it was the other button to click – and the forms are in both Thai and English, apart from finding the province in the Thai drop-down list, where I needed to cry out loud for help. So now I have, as Master-of-the-House (it's not the Lady-of-the-House in this case), reported that the Master-of-the-House is also living there now as "a legal alien", accordingly to the alien's Yellow House Book, which states him as "Master" and the only one one that can allow other aliens and Thais to legally stay there, the latter as member(s) in the Blue House Book (the Lady-of-the-House did try that, but was send home to ask "the Master-of-the-House to approve it)...:laugh:

I'm due for renewing my one year extension next month – so many thanks for the advise and update...:wai: – gotta be exiting to find out if I've been doing it right...:whistling: or the Immigration officer send me home...:sad:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, khunPer said:

apart from finding the province in the Thai drop-down list, where I needed to cry out loud for help. 

The drop down list for visa categories is in Thai only, selected category 4. 

Exported the report to excel,  formated it for one page and printed out. 

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

The drop down list for visa categories is in Thai only, selected category 4. 

Exported the report to excel,  formated it for one page and printed out. 

Yes, but for 1-year ME non-I it's clearly shown in a few understandable signs mixed between the weird curly stuff...:thumbsup:
Thanks, look like that was the only change for a receipt – together with the main page showing what reports has been reported – however my Excel don't speak Thai (more weird stuff, than the usual curly ones) and need to print over two pages (also landscape don't work in one page), so I chose 2-pages in portrait, as all other copies shall be in that format – would hate to be sent home to reprint, because of wrong format...:sad:

The lady processing my extension told me that I should come one month before expiry date next year. 

Wow, that new and a fine improvement – up till now we could only come from one week before, making the last 90-day report a bit of a joke, with less than a month before due again; i.e. renewing permission to stay – however, the usual kind officer in the old Immigration office, I presume he was referred to as "the Birdman", gave me once an extension one month before, as I was unaware of Samui Immigration's private rules: silly me thought I could just follow general rules with renewing from one month before expiry...:unsure:

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Yes, but for 1-year ME non-I it's clearly shown in a few understandable signs mixed between the weird curly stuff...:thumbsup:
Thanks, look like that was the only change for a receipt – together with the main page showing what reports has been reported – however my Excel don't speak Thai (more weird stuff, than the usual curly ones) and need to print over two pages (also landscape don't work in one page), so I chose 2-pages in portrait, as all other copies shall be in that format – would hate to be sent home to reprint, because of wrong format...:sad:

Wow, that new and a fine improvement – up till now we could only come from one week before, making the last 90-day report a bit of a joke, with less than a month before due again; i.e. renewing permission to stay – however, the usual kind officer in the old Immigration office, I presume he was referred to as "the Birdman", gave me once an extension one month before, as I was unaware of Samui Immigration's private rules: silly me thought I could just follow general rules with renewing from one month before expiry...:unsure:

Back from immigration.

Apparently visa category 3 for me, original entry was 90 days, 4 is for non-OA 1 year entry.

She logged in and fixed it and printed out a new one.

Send me your xls report and I'll fix it and return it as PDF format.

Back from immigration.

Apparently visa category 3 for me, original entry was 90 days, 4 is for non-OA 1 year entry.

She logged in and fixed it and printed out a new one.

Send me your xls report and I'll fix it and return it as PDF format.

Thanks, my Visa is/was a 1-year non-Immigrant-OA...:smile:

Thanks for you kind offer:wai:, will check if I can get my GF's (very) old Thai-language XP working, otherwise it might be helpful to avoid Immigration problems. Rushed to bank and hospital today to get my documents – only question at Samui Inter Hospital was: »Are you going to Green Mango tonight, ka..?:shock1: – gotta try the "one-month-before" option, instead of just reporting address; perhaps it's already working...:whistling:

Just done this years Retirement-extension, and thanks to PoorSucker I had my paperwork correctly done in advance with a receipt, i.e. print from "Excel" table, of the online TM30 (accepted without Thai characters) – almost done, because as usual there's a surprise when one arrive at the Long-term counter – this year's new form is "Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand"; and it's in both in Thai-characters (which the kind lady at the counter already had filled in for me) and less cryptically latin letters, which I had to write myself, and sign both the Thai part and the English part.

Apart from that, everything went smooth for me, so it's the previous posted list, with the addition of:
Print of online TM30 registration;
New "Terms-and-conditions" form (available at the counter).

I you're having extension done same procedure as me, then be prepared for a number of visits to the Immigration Office (especially important to be prepared, if you come from far away, like Koh Phangan):

I came (this) Monday, where my paperwork was delivered in, and I got a number in a plastic cover, and asked to come back in the afternoon. No payment accepted (yet).

Monday afternoon I came back, and it seemed like they had checked all my paperwork, and now presented me for the new form. No payment, but I got my same plastic-covered number back, and was asked to come again (checking calendar in phone, Thursday closed, so) Friday.

Friday morning my payment was accepted – that's all – and my temporary number replaced with the usual small paper-slip: »Come back after 2« (pm).

Friday afternoon I had my photo taken and got my passport back, with another years extension – I'm happy now...:smile:

New-Img-form-2017.thumb.jpg.9623ddfc8d0b9d2f802449ba12c7353a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I should add, that where we before could not ask for 1-year extension earlier than a week before expiry date of the previous extension, I handed my application in 24-days early this year; based on the information from PoorSucker about »that I should come one month before expiry date next year.« That worked apparently well this year, and I saved another show up in Samui Immigration Office for my usual 90-day report some three weeks before renewal – yes, I'm very happy with the improved immigration-service...:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
On 29/09/2017 at 11:15 AM, PoorSucker said:

The lady processing my extension told me that I should come one month before expiry date next year. 

After reading this, I went to Samui Immigration today 22/12/17 to renew my extension based on retirement, which runs out 19/01/18.  

I was told "Cannot do.Come back nest month. Number 9 or 10."

So wasted THB250 0n a medical certificate, THB250 on a bank letter, and a day getting all my forms ready.

Seems like they have changed their minds again.

To top it off, I cannot access the Surat Immigration website using the username and password that I registered. Got to start all over again. :(

Edited by phetphet

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

After reading this, I went to Samui Immigration today 22/12/17 to renew my extension based on retirement, which runs out 19/01/18.  

So wasted THB250 0n a medical certificate, THB250 on a bank letter, and a day getting all my forms ready.

To top it off, I cannot access the Surat Immigration website using the username and password that I registered. Got to start all over again. :(

I could have my extension-of-stay renewed almost a month before due date in October; but it's peak season now, and also upcoming New Year holiday, so probably a bad time to ask for anything that can wait till later...:wink:

On 22/12/2017 at 1:31 PM, evadgib said:

Did they give a reason? Was it packed?

No. It was very quiet. No reason given.

The lady behind the counter just said "Cannot do. Come back next month, number 9 or 1. Make new again."

I presume she means the medical certificate and bank book.

On 22/12/2017 at 12:06 PM, phetphet said:

On the the occasions I've tried doing my retirement extension in Samui imm I've been told to come back on the expiry day, Last year she took my documentation but when I went back two days later she  pulled my docs out of her desk drawer and only then did she start to check them.

It would be very useful if you could post what happens when/if you try again 9/10 days early. If they actually process the extension same day or tell you to come back and just stick your docs in a drawer until the expiry date.

I would not be keen on that as it gives too much opportunity for everything to be lost!

I certainly wish you luck.

1 hour ago, Tocher said:

On the the occasions I've tried doing my retirement extension in Samui imm I've been told to come back on the expiry day, Last year she took my documentation but when I went back two days later she  pulled my docs out of her desk drawer and only then did she start to check them.

It would be very useful if you could post what happens when/if you try again 9/10 days early. If they actually process the extension same day or tell you to come back and just stick your docs in a drawer until the expiry date.

I would not be keen on that as it gives too much opportunity for everything to be lost!

I certainly wish you luck.

Last year, which was my first time applying for the extension, I went about ten days before. I was told, “Too early. Come back one week before.” So I went back as asks and they processed it there and then.

We all know Samui Immigration has it’s own particular requirements and way of doing things. Not much we can do, but go along with it.

I will post if anything different turns up.

4 hours ago, Tocher said:

On the only occasion that I can remember having to leave my ppt overnight against my will I was horrified to see Nok arrive at the old office in Naton the following day with a daysack on his back from which he produced FIFTY passports that had been god-knows-where (home?).

hand-of-magician-pulling-white-rabbit-out-of-black-top-hat-trick-magic-AAMJPG.jpg

If I have to leave mine again i'll insist upon a receipt and record the handover.

IMO Maenam IO is very much better than the office & regime it replaced.

Edited by evadgib

• 2 weeks later...

Went back Tuesday 9th Jan. After handing in forms I was given a number and told to wait.

After 2 hours, my number was called. I was told to sign two or three documents. One related to accepting terms and conditions of getting the retirement extension. I was then told to return on the 11th Jan.

11th Jan.

Went back. Was asked for THB 6000.

Normally I put the 1900 THB for the visa in one envelope marked VISA FEE, and the 3800THB for the ME permit in another marked accordingly. Total 5700.

Being in a rush, I didn't do it this time. Didn't want to cause a fuss with the miserable looking woman behind the counter, so just handed over the 6000.

Don't know if I got stung, or charged for something that I didn't do correctly.

Was told to come back at 4pm.

Went back next day and collected passport. So three trips this time to do what I did in one go last year.

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

11th Jan.

Went back. Was asked for THB 6000.

Normally I put the 1900 THB for the visa in one envelope marked VISA FEE, and the 3800THB for the ME permit in another marked accordingly. Total 5700.

Being in a rush, I didn't do it this time. Didn't want to cause a fuss with the miserable looking woman behind the counter, so just handed over the 6000.

Don't know if I got stung, or charged for something that I didn't do correctly.

Did your receipt not explain?

(Serious question as they ARE given these days!

The extra 300 might have been for photocopying but they should have made this clear.

HTH 

13 hours ago, evadgib said:

The extra 300 might have been for photocopying but they should have made this clear.

HTH 

No. She didn’t give me a receipt. Just another little one inch square of paper with a number on it.

She said come back at 4pm, but it was one of those days of very heavy rain, so I left it until the next day.

The only forms that I did not have were the ones she asked me to sign, and these were unfamiliar to me. Looked like Terms and Conditions of visa, but I don’t know if I was charged for them.

Next year the money will be going into two marked envelopes again.

19 hours ago, evadgib said:

I'm trying to search my memory for Samui Immigration receipts...:unsure:

–think it has happened once, a few years ago – perhaps I'm just dreaming? Shouldn't I had it framed and hanging on the wall in my study? – but last time in October I didn't get one...:whistling:

Most of the times I paid 2,000 bath the 1,900 baht extension, never asked for change or receipt, was just happy to get my extension fast, and without any additional problems and questions; in the new office I'd surprisingly been gifted with 100 baht change...:smile:

When I did my 90 day reporting a few days ago I was given back my passport with this information:

5a644e44ad9a9_2018-01-18Documentsrequiredtoextend.thumb.jpg.ab6b7f0917a2ef0a54639c67af58326f.jpg

# 1 to 9 were needed in the previous years already.

# 10: I have read about "Drawing Map" on thaivisa.com before, but was never asked to do it so far. But I guess it's easy to do.

# 11: "Notification of the Residence" has been discussed earlier in this topic. They really seem to want to have that one now and I will need to figure out how to do it, as a condo owner on an island where normally no condos can be sold legally. Oops! Samui Immigration did accept my purchase contract instead of a rental contract in the previous years.

# 12: "A form of visa extension condition (Imm.2)". I have no clue what this is. A google search brought up the following topic where there is a link to this very topic I am posting right now, but I couldn't find it.

Is it related to # 11?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Aeiou7 said:

# 12: "A form of visa extension condition (Imm.2)". I have no clue what this is. A google search brought up the following topic where there is a link to this very topic I am posting right now, but I couldn't find it

My post #71 from October last year (2017) explains it and show the form...:smile:

Edited by khunPer
  • Thanks 2