Samui Immigration office - current requirements

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

that can be completed electronically and saved for future use (ie next year etc)?

Might be a different form next year, or not in use anymore – I recall the detailed questionnaire about names of my deceased parents, my various (weird) habits, my bank accounts, my car registration, which social media i use, my E-mail account(s), where I use to shop, and where I hang out at night ( :whistling: ), etc. etc.; which I stored electronically for printing with each 90-days report, and "next year" that never appeared; and the electronic report was even little different from the Samui immigration's official photocopy form, so the officer needed to have it approved by Big Boss that however found it Okay, as it included all the same questions, but in different font size (I always remember to thank all Goods and other divine beings...:wai:) – I also needed to fill in the Thai section on the new form, which the kind lady-officer at Immigration did for me, without me asking first...:smile:

• 1 month later...

Would appreciate an update of the Samui Immigration requirements for 1 year extension stay based on retirement. 

I used to present the following, but I am not sure if any new or changed requirements have been asked recently. Thanks for any input/correction you may provide.

- TM 7 with 1 photo and both pages printed on 1 sheet

- Passport with copies of relevant passport pages (all copies signed at bottom right hand corner)

- Bankbook with copies of all pages (covering last 1 year only)

- Bank statement confirming balance held in savings a/c + statement of transactions over last 3 months

- Google map of location (is hand-drawn also required ?)

- Medical certificate from Nathon Hospital (is any other international hospital also ok ?)

- Copy of rental contract 

- Housing agent provided TM 30 several years ago, anything else required like new TM30 and/or passport copy of housing agent ?

The latest requirements are as follows:

1. TM 7 and 4 x 6 cm photograph taken in last 6 months.

2. Copies of used passport pages plus copy of original 'O' visa if in old passport.

3. Letter from bank showing 800,000 Baht, copy of all pages of bank book and statement from last 3 months. Letter valid for 7 days.

4. Google maps (not earth) map showing GPS coordinates. (can get from print shop outside Immigration).

5. Hand drawn map. You may get away with a pre drawn map but she may tell you to do it fresh.

6. Medical certificate (can get from Bandon Hospital 250 Baht , not sure about other hospitals) valid 7 days.

7. Copy of rental agreement plus landlords house book and ID.

8. Proof of TM 30 from landlord registration of aliens which you get from the office underneath Immigration. Other people have been charged 100 Baht for this but they forgot to charge me.

This is as of 23rd Feb so could easily be another useless document required by the time you go, who knows?

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 5:31 PM, khunPer said:

Wouldn't it be best to move this to the pinned thread, and close this thread, as too many threads about same important subject can be confusing..?

Why not purge the pinned thread and replace it with #3?

Edited by evadgib

4 hours ago, churchill said:

I did not find it easy .. In Thai and need to register ... I got the immigration office to do it for me .

Suratthani immigration is the only province that let you do it online, actually they demand it. 

If you live in Nakhorn Nowhere, you have to drive 300 km to file the form that you are home again. 

On 3/16/2018 at 1:33 PM, Tocher said:

8. Proof of TM 30 from landlord registration of aliens which you get from the office underneath Immigration. Other people have been charged 100 Baht for this but they forgot to charge me.

I was just able to do the online TM30 registration of myself (being condo owner, therefore my own landlord), as a result I got an Excel document with Thai characters that my PC cannot display properly, the first line in it is shown as "Çѹ·Õè 25 ÁÕ¹Ò¤Á 2561" and the next few lines look similar...

Should I bother to print it out with real Thai characters, most likely by using a Thai person's PC, and bring it to Koh Samui Immigration for my next one year extension, or is the proof that is available on site as mentioned in Tocher's comment the only thing that is needed regarding the TM30?

46 minutes ago, Aeiou7 said:

I was just able to do the online TM30 registration of myself (being condo owner, therefore my own landlord), as a result I got an Excel document with Thai characters that my PC cannot display properly, the first line in it is shown as "Çѹ·Õè 25 ÁÕ¹Ò¤Á 2561" and the next few lines look similar...

Should I bother to print it out with real Thai characters, most likely by using a Thai person's PC, and bring it to Koh Samui Immigration for my next one year extension, or is the proof that is available on site as mentioned in Tocher's comment the only thing that is needed regarding the TM30?

In October last year (2017) Samui Immigration accepted a print without Thai characters, it's your name – and referring details – that is important...:smile:
See my post #71.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, evadgib said:

I'm curious as to where to start re filing a TM 30 online?

Can tennants do it in lieu of absentee landlords? Mine is from a local family but lives elsewhere.

They will accept anyone doing it, I registered myself and reported myself, no problem. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aeiou7 said:

Pm me with the excel document and I'll convert it to a pdf document that you can print out. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2018 at 7:33 AM, Tocher said:

4. Google maps (not earth) map showing GPS coordinates. (can get from print shop outside Immigration).

Just to avoid confusion, as it in previous years was Google satelite (Earth) map that was asked for: That is still what is requested on the actual leaflet from immigration by today; i.e. no changes at all from user Aeiou7's previous post #87, so I won't scan and share it just to repeat that.

Also the list for "Visa extension, Stay with Thai family", as posted by moderator PoorSucker in #52, is still the same as per today, March 27th, 2018.

:smile:

20 hours ago, khunPer said:

Just to avoid confusion, as it in previous years was Google satelite (Earth) map that was asked for: That is still what is requested on the actual leaflet from immigration by today; i.e. no changes at all from user Aeiou7's previous post #87, so I won't scan and share it just to repeat that.

Also the list for "Visa extension, Stay with Thai family", as posted by moderator PoorSucker in #52, is still the same as per today, March 27th, 2018.

:smile:

It would be appreciated if you do scan and and share the map requirement.

The latest list I have from Imm. from Feb. 2018 states;

7. "MAP (Satellite view of the house from Google map: latitude: longitude)."

This was the case in May 2017 as my Google Earth picture was rejected and I was obliged to get the Google Map picture for the print shop on site.

It would seem that they HAVE changed the requirement if what you say is correct.

5 hours ago, Tocher said:

It would be appreciated if you do scan and and share the map requirement.

The latest list I have from Imm. from Feb. 2018 states;

7. "MAP (Satellite view of the house from Google map: latitude: longitude)."

This was the case in May 2017 as my Google Earth picture was rejected and I was obliged to get the Google Map picture for the print shop on site.

It would seem that they HAVE changed the requirement if what you say is correct.

Thanks for your reply.

The list available in the office is exactly the same as I linked to (image of print), and stating in #7 as you write: 7. "MAP (Satelite...

I've always given a Google Earth Satelite map with my house marked, and co-ordinates in a square (default Google) box , last time in October 2017. If ones house has not been properly marked, or "latitude: longitude" missing, other users have earlier posted, that they needed a new print from the shop outside. I've used the same map/print since the Google-map thing began, and never had any problems...:smile:

However, I cannot say if they have change, but it that case they haven't changed the information, they hand out...:whistling:

Extension-based-on-retirement_20180327.thumb.jpg.3f96660f3d061b3c44237f71bb466cbc.jpg

Went yesterday to Samui Immigration for my 1 year extension of stay permit and multiple re-entry permit. Obtained extension and re-entry permit in the afternoon without any problem. Was asked to sign 1 additional form. All docs as stated in my earlier post were required. No request was made related to TM30. Medical certificate from Thai International Hospital was accepted. No hand-drawn map was required.All in all, it was a smooth and not too long process. Thanks to those who responded to my earlier post.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ron092007 said:

Went yesterday to Samui Immigration for my 1 year extension of stay permit and multiple re-entry permit. Obtained extension and re-entry permit in the afternoon without any problem. Was asked to sign 1 additional form. All docs as stated in my earlier post were required. No request was made related to TM30. Medical certificate from Thai International Hospital was accepted. No hand-drawn map was required.All in all, it was a smooth and not too long process. Thanks to those who responded to my earlier post.

Sounds like you had a relatively easy renewal.

Another example of the vagaries of Samui IO. No mention of TM 30 which is causing such confusion elsewhere and no hand drawn map!

The problem, of course, is that we still have to provide those documents as there's no guarantee that other applicants will not be asked for them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

An Idiots Guide to the Retirement Extension process at Samui Immigration Office.

A factual first-hand account aimed at dispelling some of the myths that have arisen in recent months.

1.       Prepare a double sided TM 7 including photo. Sign and date it on the day you apply.

2.       Print and sign the Bio Page, entry page and all previous pages of passport since your visa was issued/entered the Kingdom. Do same re your departure card (TM6). 2 sets are needed if applying for re-entry permit (double sided TM8 plus photo) too.

3.       Print a Satellite Map with GPS coordinates and an arrow to your house. An A4 sheet showing a Satellite image (top) with a map (below) has been accepted for my last 5 extensions.

4.       Print copies of your Rental agreement, House book & Landlords ID.

5.       Include your Embassy letter (Original only!).

6.       Copy all pages of your bank book and add them to your file. Have the book with you incase asked to show it.

7.       Include an original doctor’s letter from a hospital. Thai Inter provides them in 15 mins @THB 250.

8.       The correct fee is THB 1,900 plus an additional THB 1k or 3.8k if applying for single/multiple re-entry permit.

9.       Arrive promptly at 0820hrs on the day of application (doors open at 0830hrs). Arriving any earlier isn’t advisable at this time of year as the space outside the entrance faces the full glare of the morning sun.

Other Considerations

-          Data/Security: It is advisable to redact or otherwise protect some of the above documents, particularly passports and bank books. CROSSING them as per a cheque isn’t ideal but may reduce the chances of your data proving useful to 3rd parties.

-          Creature Comforts: Arriving with everything clipped and in order creates a good impression and enables swift and efficient service from the IO.

Having done all the work at home I was out of the office at 0850hrs and picked up my passport at 1445hrs. Arriving early with everything in order was clearly appreciated. TM30 had briefly been mentioned in the morning (I had a copy in my bag) but they had done that too by the time I returned.

-          I was advised that Passports generally aren’t usually ready for same day collection. I wasn't able to establish further details but have mentioned it for the benefit of anyone coming to Samui IO from KPG or KT.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

OK, back from my yearly extension based on marriage.

New for this year.

1. Filled out TM30 from the landlord, no more reporting on the Internet, have now a TM30 receipt attached to my passport.

2. More pictures, showing couple sitting in the bed and one from living room.

3. Two months only needed for the 400.000 in bank as per the police order.

Basically Samui Immigration has adapted itself to the national rules for marriage extensions.

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2018 at 11:42 AM, PoorSucker said:

1. Filled out TM30 from the landlord, no more reporting on the Internet, have now a TM30 receipt attached to my passport.

Thanks for update – is that a general TM30 request now, or only for legally married pals..?

13 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Thanks for update – is that a general TM30 request now, or only for legally married pals..?

I think you're better be prepared to have one filled out with you or in your case you are not so far away from immigration. 

Do it now. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

I think you're better be prepared to have one filled out with you or in your case you are not so far away from immigration. 

Do it now. 

Thanks, I'm my own landlord, and I have already registered my TM30 on the Internet, as landlords shall do with all foreign guests, and I also do when friends are visiting. But I'll bring a blanco TM30, just in case, when I'm up for extension later this month...????

37 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Thanks, I'm my own landlord, and I have already registered my TM30 on the Internet, as landlords shall do with all foreign guests, and I also do when friends are visiting. But I'll bring a blanco TM30, just in case, when I'm up for extension later this month...????

There is a receipt portion off the TM30 that you now need to have stapled to your passport. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So what's new for Extension of Stay based on Retirement?

The list from last year, as shown as image in post #107 above, is the same, so with everything ready from home I showed up at Immigration Tuesday; however the TM7 form available from the counter, which I had collected the Friday before, is not valid for retirement extension. I was given a new one from a draw, almost identical, but with two lines added on top at page 2 for my mobile number, and my E-mail address. Same-same but different, so I was not allowed to add it on my already filled-in form, but had to write everything again on the same-same but different TM7 form. Back at the end of the line-up.

Handed all my well organized papers over again. Checked, and I got a number, and was told to »come back at 2 pm«. I'm lucky, I live nearby – can actually walk, if I want the half hour exercise – so I didn't need to kill time from 10 am till 2 pm by the Immigration Office. Back at the end of the line-up.

All my papers had been checked, and as @PoorSucker said in above posts, I needed a TM30 registration. I had my Internet registration printed out as last year, but was send downstairs to "Address Registration Office" at left side. The kind officer took the copy of my Internet registration, probably found it in the database, and printed a TM30 form. No signature or anything – my name was printed as "house master" – just upstairs again. Back at the end of the line-up. The person in front of me could not understand »Go downstairs and print«, but with my newly acquired wisdom, I could explain it.

My papers were looked through a couple of more times by the Immigration officer, but unfortunately she couldn't find anything else to redo, so she gave me my number back while she said: »Come back number 12, around 3 pm.«

Look at the bright side of life, there was almost no folks queuing up at the Immigration this year – either the office has improved efficiency, or there are less tourist and others requesting extended stay – so I didn't wasted time in queue lines. When I came back Friday around 3 pm the kind Immigration officer smiled – yes, she smiled – when she saw me walking in, and pointed at counter #4. The officer there held a passport up opened on picture page, my picture, snapped my photo with the camera, and handed me my passport and said »That's it, finish«.

I feel sorry for those of you coming over from Koh Phangan, if you also need to spend two days at Immigration; i.e. two trips over to Samui. Especially the TM30 form from the landlord might be important to bring; I'm my own landlord, but I did bring a TM30 form, and both the original Blue Book, and a photocopy, just in case; thanks to PoorSucker's advise. And yes, I now got a TM30-receipt stapled in my passport...????

Edited by khunPer
  • Thanks 1

The lady in charge for marriage extensions accepted my TM7 where I added telephone number and email on top of the second page, done in Adobe pdf. 

She stamped my passport, but requested that I came back next day with photos of family sitting in the bed and one sitting in living room, this has been a request for many years in other immigration offices, but new to Samui immigration. 

• Like 1

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but.........

It seems that life has just become harder for some nationalities to obtain a retirement vise on Samui. (I do not know if this is everywhere.)

A list of countries exists, and if you are from China, Vietnam, South Africa, Zimbabwe etc etc (mostly African countries) then you MUST obtain your retirement visa, in the first instance, from your home country.

Extension visas are not affected.

Sorry. I have no further info on this one as I am not affected.