BANGKOK
Tocher

Samui Immigration office - current requirements

My question is probably premature...
Since the official announcement about mandatory health insurance required for OA Visa from 31th october, has anyone asked to Koh Samui Immigration as to whether or not health insurance is needed for next retirement extension of stay (based on OA visa) for those who live here for many years already and were previously granted many retirement extension of stay ?

We'll probably need to wait and see how this new requirement will really run but according to some testimony on Thaivisa Forum, Chiang Mai Immigration say " Yes, need" and Chaengwattana Bangkok Immigration say "No need".

4 hours ago, PETERHOF said:

My question is probably premature...

OA visa is issued by the MFA. 

Extension of stay is issued by immigration. 

There has not been issued any new police order for immigration. 

Also immigration do not make distinction between an extension of stay based on non-OA or based on non-O. 

There's no requirement for health insurance for Non-O. 

I went to Immigration yesterday to do a 90 day report. The lady asked to see my statement and letter from the bank, she did not ask to see a bank book. I asked if the statement and letter had to be done on the day of reporting, she replied "No, not at all! Day or two before, no problem".

Have to renew my extension based on retirement next month. If any changes, does anyone have latest requirements?

Also. Does anyone have a link to TM.7 and (is it TM.8 documents for rentry permit) in .pdf that are acceptable to Samui Immigration?

TIA

14 hours ago, phetphet said:

Have to renew my extension based on retirement next month. If any changes, does anyone have latest requirements?

Also. Does anyone have a link to TM.7 and (is it TM.8 documents for rentry permit) in .pdf that are acceptable to Samui Immigration?

I suspect you'll have to collect blank templates to fill in by hand. They rejected my last 'Blue Peter' versions ('here's one I prepared earlier') and instead opted to try to decipher my handwriting. Fortunately one of my children filled it in as I knew they'd never be able to read mine(!)

HTH

Please let the board know how you get on either way.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, phetphet said:

Samui Immigration might not accept downloaded documents, best is to go to the office in advance and get a documents for application of extension of stay, and re-entry permit.

I talk from experience, they normally only accept their own documents. They have for example added a line on top of page two for E-mail address, and do not accept a handwritten "E-mail address:" in front of the filled-in E-mail address, it has to be their form with typed letters.

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Samui Immigration might not accept downloaded documents, best is to go to the office in advance and get a documents for application of extension of stay, and re-entry permit.

I talk from experience, they normally only accept their own documents. They have for example added a line on top of page two for E-mail address, and do not accept a handwritten "E-mail address:" in front of the filled-in E-mail address, it has to be their form with typed letters.

It would make my day (& their lives easier) if they could publish their templates & tell us where to find them in order to help US to help THEM by arriving with the full monty in or hands already prepared and checked at home instead of unnecessarily flapping about inside their office.

10 mins per applicant & no mistakes rather than 30-45 with the likelihood of several is a no brainer.

Edited by evadgib

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

It would make my day (& their lives easier) if they could publish their templates & tell us where to find them in order to help US to help THEM by arriving with the full monty in or hands already prepared and checked at home instead of unnecessarily flapping about inside their office.

10 mins per applicant & no mistakes rather than 30-45 with the likelihood of several is a no brainer.

Agree, but need to be suggested to Samui Immigration Office. I've also been waiting in queue –  before the number-system – behind someone filling out form at the counter.

Went today to renew my extension based on retirement.

Took all  the usual documents, including Google map with home co-ordinates from the guy outside, medical certificate, bank statement, copies of bank book, and copies of all passport pages..

The TM.7 form that I picked up from there in December was "the wrong one". Gave me another to complete. The IO also changed my map from the guy outside. Don't know why, and even reprinted copies of my bank books for me to sign. Don't know what was wrong with my ones. All in portrait layout, legible and signed.

So now they have a copy of the front page of my bank book with all my details on it, including my signature which the bank usually make you sign on a peel off sticker which leaves your signature only visible under ultraviolet. All will probably be given out to others to use the blank side. Crazy.

So, after an hour at the desk, I was told to come back next Monday afternoon.

Used to wait an hour, maybe two. Now takes a week.

Cost THB6450.

THB1900 for extension

THB3800 for multiple re-entry permit.

THB  250 medical certificate

THB  250 photos

THB  250 bank statement.

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Went today to renew my extension based on retirement.

Took all  the usual documents, including Google map with home co-ordinates from the guy outside, medical certificate, bank statement, copies of bank book, and copies of all passport pages..

The TM.7 form that I picked up from there in December was "the wrong one". Gave me another to complete. The IO also changed my map from the guy outside. Don't know why, and even reprinted copies of my bank books for me to sign. Don't know what was wrong with my ones. All in portrait layout, legible and signed.

So now they have a copy of the front page of my bank book with all my details on it, including my signature which the bank usually make you sign on a peel off sticker which leaves your signature only visible under ultraviolet. All will probably be given out to others to use the blank side. Crazy.

So, after an hour at the desk, I was told to come back next Monday afternoon.

Used to wait an hour, maybe two. Now takes a week.

Cost THB6450.

THB1900 for extension

THB3800 for multiple re-entry permit.

THB  250 medical certificate

THB  250 photos

THB  250 bank statement.

What's the agents normal fee these days to avoid the headache?

It's down to 12,000 baht in Pattaya.

Edited by JimmyTheMook

I went to Samui today for a 90 day report and there is a new system, it wouldn't be Samui without one would it!  At the 1st desk someone checks your passport and gives you your passport back with a number, when your number is called you take your passport to a desk marked, 90 day reporting and they give you another number and when that's called they give you back your passport and you go. No mention of bank docs and I was in and out in 20mins. My extension btw had been granted last May with 800k in the bank