Samui Immigration office - current requirements

Yes everything was processed correctly and I have my passport. I believe the reason they kept my passport was only to process my extension on the correct day to give me a full one year. The ten day wait was only due to a weekending and my early submission. I also want to mention that they also processed and issued an in-sync multiple reentry permit ant the total cost was about 6500 baht. 

Yery easy to obtain if you have all your papers, photos, documents prepared ahead of time.   Thanks to all!

Every extension starts when last permission to stay end.
The cost for extension is 1900 baht and multiple re-entry 3800 baht

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

On 2 mei 2017 at 3:04 PM, Amusements said:

Here is what I picked up today and scanned for you:

SAMUI005.jpg

All clear and familiar, but what does "copy of your household" mean? (last point nr 9). Or is that the blue book copy? Anyone happen to know if the blue book copy has to be signed off by the landlord?

Edited by thuisinthailand

i) Residents will find #3 very useful:

ii) Please see my comments below using the same numbers to further explain:

SAMUI005.jpg.7064083ca044237ebb5100bd883013ce.jpg

1. TM7 must be double sided. 

2. Photocopy all used passport pages (x2 if applying for TM8 re-entry permit too!)

3/4/5. Self Explanatory.

6. Renew Bank books 2-3 weeks beforehand & update the new one the day before you apply. Copy the 2 applicable pages and have the cancelled book with you. The old book can be shredded immediately afterwards.

7. Self Explanatory. 

8. THB 250 from TIH after a short (15min) appt with the Dr.

9. Copy of Landlords ID and Family Tree, duly signed are required in support of your rental contract.

It is acceptable to draw 2x diagonal lines and write something in between them indicating your (Passport, Bank details) data is not to be used for any other purpose. 

HTH

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

On 04/11/2016 at 3:05 PM, khunPer said:

So this – that it need to be Samui Hospital in Nathon – is a change in health certificate demand since I was approved with my TIH-certificate at October 21st..? 

By the way for the last 4 years my m certificate came from International Hospital too but it was not Maenam but Nathon immigration.

• Like 1

Is there a similar topic for Extensions based on Marriage?

Has anyone had any issues getting a 60 day extension based on marriage whilst on a multiple Non 'O' based on marriage?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by TheLobster

11 hours ago, TheLobster said:

Has anyone had any issues getting a 60 day extension based on marriage whilst on a multiple Non 'O' based on marriage?

I can't say I remember a topic on Marriage  but perhaps if any one knows add it here..

you need to do every 60 days, or was that a typo?

1 hour ago, samuijimmy said:

I can't say I remember a topic on Marriage  but perhaps if any one knows add it here..

you need to do every 60 days, or was that a typo?

On my current multiple entry visa I need to do a border run roughly every 3 months, when I get a 90 day stamp. Apparently for 1900THB you can get a 60 day extension to this 90 day stamp if you are married to a Thai, so only needing to do a border run every 5 months.

I know you can get a 12 month extension with 90 day reporting but I decided not to transfer the money to meet the financial requirements when the £ dropped 20% in value vs. THB. 

2 hours ago, TheLobster said:

I know you can get a 12 month extension with 90 day reporting but I decided not to transfer the money to meet the financial requirements when the £ dropped 20% in value vs. THB. 

You're presumably aware that you don't need a lump if you have an income of THB 40k or more per month coming in?

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

You're presumably aware that you don't need a lump if you have an income of THB 40k or more per month coming in?

Thank you evadgib, I believe that has to be verified by the Embassy so would be a bit of a pain. Something I may do next time in Bangkok but won't make a special trip for it. 

Thank you evadgib, I believe that has to be verified by the Embassy so would be a bit of a pain. Something I may do next time in Bangkok but won't make a special trip for it. 

Embassy verification if money comes from abroad.

WP and tax record if income within Thailand

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheLobster said:

Can I suggest that you ask in the main visa section of TV? Preferably Ubon Joe? I recall reading about a 60 day extension to a marriage visa in the last few months. I think that you can do it, but only once per entry; I can't remember whether it was once per entry (3 mo) or once per visa(1yr). Sorry working off memory...

Good luck

12 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Can I suggest that you ask in the main visa section of TV? Preferably Ubon Joe? I recall reading about a 60 day extension to a marriage visa in the last few months. I think that you can do it, but only once per entry; I can't remember whether it was once per entry (3 mo) or once per visa(1yr). Sorry working off memory...

Good luck

Thank you Samui Bodoh, I have done and ubonjoe provides a lot of good advice so your suggestion is spot on.

I posted on this Samui forum because I wanted to know if anyone on Samui in the same circumstances has applied for a 60 day extension. As we all know Samui immigration can have their own 'unique' requirements :wink:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheLobster said:

The only special trip is to the post office to post your application :smile:

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The only special trip is to the post office to post your application :smile:

Thank you evadglib, I'll check if I can do that. I've had to go in person for some things previously so assumed I'd have to do the same - obviously it would be perfect if I can do it by post.

14 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Good luck

Once per border entry.

• 2 weeks later...

So, let me share today's Immigration visit with you. We went with our family (my Dutch wife and our son), with all the paperwork done in advance. Signed and copied all papers, being:

- TM.7 (got it last week from Immigration), duly signed, complete with our photos

- Copies of all relevant passport pages

- Bank reference letter + account statement last 6 months + copies bank book

- Rental agreement

- Blue book + ID landlord, both signed by landlord

- Google map of our house location

- Medical certificate of the TIT (250 baht, a 20 minute breeze that was)

- Marriage certificate

- Birth certificate of our son (because he was born here)

Compared with last year, only the landlord's ID was an extra, the idea of which I picked up in this thread (thank you guys). So, here goes... 

Walked in, presented our documents, we were told to come back in 1 hour. Then, I was asked to fill in new TM.7 forms as I apparently used the wrong ones.... I got them last week from Immigration here, but ok, no worries, filled in exactly the same forms one more time. Then I was asked to draw a map of our house location by hand on a white piece of paper. Did that too. And then.. we were asked to present a family picture. That one was really new for me (thought they only did that for the marriage extension visas). So we went out to the shop outside and the guy from the shop made an awesome (yes, really!) picture with his phone. I also asked for a copy for our own use, you can imagine it is hanging on our wall already....

Walked back in and then, quite to our surprise, we told to come back next week. Didn't have to pay today ("you pay next week", they said), but we all have to come back, for another photo I guess. Does anyone of you know if they now only issue the extensions on the due date (which is beginning next week for us)?

That's a funny old game ?

I had a 'GPS from/to' map in my bag as a failsafe showing the route between imm and my house which wasn't required and therefore not even mentioned in #34.

I saved it for next year ?

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Copy of TidyBeard post.

I know that each Immigration office have different requirements, but if you wish to apply for a 1 year AO or O extension in Samui, as of 21st June, this is what you will need.

1) A new TM7 form obtainable only from the office - the one downloaded from the internet is not accepted and has to be replaced.

2) A passport photo

3) A new form with no number  -  only obtainable from the office, which states your Western name, and which they then translate for you to create a new Thai name.

4) Once the new forms are complete - you now need to go downstairs to an additional office and "register on the Internet" This is done for you, but costs an additional 40 Baht per applicant and takes around 20 mins. To complete this procedure you will need your passport and your residential documents - either rental agreement or blue book.

5) Proof of income as always.... 65,000 Baht per month or 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank account for at least 3 months.

6) A letter from your bank showing the current balance. ( valid for 1 week ) 

7) A statement of your account showing 3 months of transactions. ( Valid for 1 week ) 

8) Photocopies of your bank book showing every page for the 3 months of transactions

9) Photocopy of Passport front page

10) Photocopy of last year's Visa page

11) Photocopy of last entry stamp with departure card stapled in the passport

12) A medical certificate from a hospital - we used Bandon Hospital, very quick, about 20 mins and 250 Baht ( Valid for 1 week ) 

13) A Google Map print showing your residence and it's Latitude and Longitude ( note a Google Earth view is not accepted - must be Google MAP )

14) A hand drawn map of your residence

15) A copy of your rental agreement or your residential owners book ( Blue book ) 

16) As we are a married couple applying together, they also asked us for a print of a photo of us on holiday together....

All photocopies need to be signed by the applicant.

I was careful to make all copies in Portrait format as requested last year, but they still insisted on re-copying several of my copies as they were in the wrong direction, so be prepared for a few hundred Baht of copy fees.

We have to return in 3 working days time to have the official photo taken and completion of the stamps ... so allow plenty of time before you travel.

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to ambush this topic but there isn't one for my situation.

I'm on a multiple entry Non O based on marriage to a Thai. I usually leave the country every 90 days and get a new stamp, however that is not convenient this time and I am told that I can get a 60 day extension for 1900THB.

Please can anyone let me know what documents and copies I need, this is my current list:

2 passport photos

TM7 form completed

Passport

Copies of passport page and visa page and stamp page

Wife's passport & copy of passport page

Rental agreement and copy - we have an apartment elsewhere but rent on Samui

Anything I've missed? 

Any advice appreciated.

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:02 AM, PoorSucker said:

Bring wife....

You might also need copy landlords ID and housebook.

Thank you for your sound advice PoorSucker. 

They asked for a copy of wife's ID card (they seem to prefer this to a passport copy) and a photo of us together as well. Cost 20THB downstairs and took about an hour and a bit to process.

Seems like the service is better now and without the previous rip offs. Not sure who is responsible for this but a big plus for Samui and Thailand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So if the owner of the houses employed a manager to run the place how can you get the ID number and why would the owner give the blue book?

Looks like they make it up as the go along

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, michemiche said:

What is number 11 ?
"Documents for Notification of the Residence of Foreigners
According to Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (section 38) Please contact www.suratimmigration.go.th"

Thanx

Sorry, find it..... my mistake