Samui Immigration office - current requirements

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

I've also just been there, same procedure as always – nobody asks us retiree lookalike to show a bankbook – passport and a tiny piece of paper with an address...:thumbsup:

Then I suppose for the next renewal you will  be asked to show a bank statement for 1 year rather than 3 months ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, churchill said:

Then I suppose for the next renewal you will  be asked to show a bank statement for 1 year rather than 3 months ?

Perhaps, but a 12-month fixed account with re-deposit date almost a year back might be enough, but let's see if there will be a new list of requirements later this year.

16 hours ago, khunPer said:

I've also just been there, same procedure as always – nobody asks us retiree lookalike to show a bankbook – passport and a tiny piece of paper with an address...:thumbsup:

Your previous 90 day report slip affixed to your passport is that tiny piece of paper, you don't need another one unless you have changed address in the meantime. ????

It's ludicrous to try to get real info on this never ending thread. Although it might have been said, there is a HUGE rather new issue, as any O-A visa holder needing a one year extension will need to prove you have THAI health insurance, and it has to have been valid since your last extension. The government says it may be possible to go thru the process of having your foreign health insurance accepted.... Other than that, make sure you can use a hospital OTHER than the overcrowded Govt. hospital in Naton (down the road from where Immigration used to be) for the health certificate. I've been told at Immigration that one MUST use that one, but I see in this neverending thread that might not be the case. Also, have your house book, photos, etc. Before you go into the Immigration building, see the "copy guy" and tell him what you are trying to do. Have your pic's taken there. He will do the GPS google map, DON'T bring your own, Immigration will send you to him. (Tip him, he is a great guy.) You need a current letter from the bank. Bring your bankbook and gawd help you if you havent had the 800k in there a long time (how could you even retire here without any backup for emergency funds? Cost for 1 year extension is 6000 baht, same as last year, (a bargain if you think about how much it would cost to fly to your country, use a Thai consulate there and fly back)  and the great news is that there is no hanky panky with brown envelope BS anymore as far as I can tell. I've never seen anyone go in the "bosses room" and that used to mean only one thing. ALSO: if you can't go online to apply for a password for the TM30, go to Room 5 (ground floor) and they will help you to get a current TM30 stapled in your passport. I've heard Samui Immigration is not being asshats about enforcing that unpopular TM30 BS, but of course that could change at any moment. Good luck.

Edited by RayFaye
improvement

6 hours ago, lom said:
22 hours ago, khunPer said:

Your previous 90 day report slip affixed to your passport is that tiny piece of paper, you don't need another one unless you have changed address in the meantime. ????

I think you misunderstand my answer, I'm talking about reporting address, not the receipt-slip in the passport. You need to give the IO your address in writing, and that's "a tiny piece of paper with an address"...????

5 hours ago, RayFaye said:

It's ludicrous to try to get real info on this never ending thread.

It's because you – and others – are posting in an old outdated 2016-thread, instead of using the newer pinned visa-thread from 2019...????

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

I think you misunderstand my answer, I'm talking about reporting address, not the receipt-slip in the passport. You need to give the IO your address in writing, and that's "a tiny piece of paper with an address"...????

I don't give them anything else than the passport, you should try it next time. ????

I thought my address was printed on the 90 day report slip but now found out that it isn't so they obviously file address reports on the current address in their computer if there ain't no "tiny piece of paper with an address".