ONLINE Reporting of Address Now Possible in Phuket

skatewash

Phuket Immigration has introduced an ONLINE Registration System that allows foreigners to register themselves as staying at their own address (residence). It would seem that using the online Registration System can now be used instead of filing a paper TM-30 (Notification Form for House Master, Owner or the Possessor of the Residence where Aliens have stayed) in person at the Immigration Office.

Recently it seems that some immigration offices (including Phuket) have started enforcing the law that requires foreigners to report their address to immigration (even if it hasn't changed) within 24 hours of arriving at their residence after being outside of Thailand. The new online Registration System allows you to comply with this legal obligation by doing this reporting online. One needs to create an account within the online Registration System the first time, but once that is done (and it's not that difficult to do) the actual reporting of your stay at your residence only takes a few minutes.

Detailed instructions on how to do this are contained in the attached file.

Phuket Immigration Address Registration.pdf

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks for taking the time to put this together- I'll have a bash over the weekend.

Just looking at the last paragraph I take it this system is OK for someone self-reporting in place of an absentee landlord?

13 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Just looking at the last paragraph I take it this system is OK for someone self-reporting in place of an absentee landlord?

Interesting question.

It would seem that under the law the landlord (absentee or not) as the owner, along with the renter as possessor, are each liable to being fined for not registering any foreigners staying at a particular residence in Thailand.  Of course, as a practical matter, it is much easier to fine the renter as he is the one with ongoing business at the immigration office, as compared to an absentee landlord.  The enforcement mechanism against the renter is much more effective ;-)

It does not seem to me that you are doing anything wrong by creating an account for a residence where you are staying for the purpose of allowing you to comply with the existing law for reporting the address of where you reside.  But then I'm not a lawyer.  Just a guy trying to stay on the right side of the law and, if doing so can be done conveniently, then I'm in favor of doing it that way.  In my opinion, you are simply providing true and timely information to immigration pursuant to complying with existing law using a mechanism that immigration has made available online.

By making the possessor (renter) liable to fines the law seems to acknowledge that a possessor is authorized to take the necessary steps to satisfy the legal requirement and thereby avoid having to pay a fine.

It does not seem to me that you are doing anything wrong by creating an account

really? I listened to Rozz info for a bit and it seems you need to sign up, ( register), as  ur landlord  (so u lie on an official government site, saying ur someone your not) to be able to register yourself as a tenant.

I'll stick with what immigration told me  (no need to report if u travel in Thailand BUT only if u leave the country) and have no intention of rocking the boat.

I'm going to wait until I run into problems at Immigration. I have about four trips to of the country planned in the next few months  so won't need another 90 day report (after the one next week) during the currency of the current extension of stay, which expires in December. By then perhaps the situation may be clearer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 7:51 PM, skatewash said:

Interesting question.

It would seem that under the law the landlord (absentee or not) as the owner, along with the renter as possessor, are each liable to being fined for not registering any foreigners staying at a particular residence in Thailand.  Of course, as a practical matter, it is much easier to fine the renter as he is the one with ongoing business at the immigration office, as compared to an absentee landlord.  The enforcement mechanism against the renter is much more effective ;-)

It does not seem to me that you are doing anything wrong by creating an account for a residence where you are staying for the purpose of allowing you to comply with the existing law for reporting the address of where you reside.  But then I'm not a lawyer.  Just a guy trying to stay on the right side of the law and, if doing so can be done conveniently, then I'm in favor of doing it that way.  In my opinion, you are simply providing true and timely information to immigration pursuant to complying with existing law using a mechanism that immigration has made available online.

By making the possessor (renter) liable to fines the law seems to acknowledge that a possessor is authorized to take the necessary steps to satisfy the legal requirement and thereby avoid having to pay a fine.

Just thinking about this having read through the excellent tutorial. I concur with everything you say above.

For a non-resident landlord there are numerous impracticalities to the existing system- no way someone living elsewhere in the world could be doing this every time I go away for the night (takes me long enough to get him to answer an email anyway!).

If the account were created by him (or me in his name) but I had access to the password I could access the account and update it as and when. All they would see if they ever actually did a digital audit was that the account was accessed and updated. Nothing wrong there?

Interesting to see if Merjin has any comment on this? 

I hate second hand stories but I have been hearing that they are actively encouraging landlords to register online- maybe the constant trail of people into the office to register is finally having an effect on their mindset.

For a non-resident landlord there are numerous impracticalities to the existing system- no way someone living elsewhere in the world could be doing this every time I go away for the night (takes me long enough to get him to answer an email anyway!).

MY UK landlord just gave me a few POA forms if i need them..

Thank you for your information.

After reading that PDF, I clicked on the second option above the “90 days (Online)” option. Then it jumped to the attached page. It is not the page on that PDF.

Maybe immigration office has changed their system.

What should I do ?

Untitled.jpg

15 minutes ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

Thank you for your information.

After reading that PDF, I clicked on the second option above the “90 days (Online)” option. Then it jumped to the attached page. It is not the page on that PDF.

Maybe immigration office has changed their system.

What should I do ?

Untitled.jpg

Take another look at Page 2 of the PDF.  I think you're picking the wrong option. 

The right option is specified in step 2 on that page.  It is the option being pointed to by the purple arrow.  I believe you are picking one option too high (the third option above 90 days (Online), not the second option).  It contains flashing red text on the right-hand side and black text on the left side.  Specifically, it matches the name in Thai given in step 2.  From your screen-print, it looks like you picked one option above the correct one.

Thank you again for your quick response.

That screen shot is the result after clicking green marked icon below. I think this is the right icon.
And also, I accessed the URL on that PDF.
http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/notify/
It showed,
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /notify/ on this server.

Something wrong. Is it my personal computer only ?
Please give me advice.

Untitled.jpg

3 hours ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

That screen shot is the result after clicking green marked icon below. I think this is the right icon.
It showed,
> Forbidden

Please give me advice.

Untitled.jpg

You are quite right, there has been a change.  My apologies XD1 at Phuket!  You are selecting the correct choice.  It appears the access point to the registration system has changed (or at least the one I used successfully before).  I can no longer use my UserID/Password that worked before.  I'm investigating now.  Just wanted you to know that you weren't doing anything wrong.  It would have worked a few weeks ago ;-)  I will try to create a new account and report back on the results.

3 hours ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

It showed,
> Forbidden

Please give me advice.

Untitled.jpg

It says the system is down currently when I just tried it. Actually it says the system works, but it does look like they changed something. I can't find my registration now.

Well, I'm afraid the news is bad.  It looks like it is only available to businesses (which was not true of the previous system documented above).  It looks like you need to register at the agency, which I take to mean the Immigration Office.  It looks like it might be possible to do so online, but it looks like you would have to submit documentation to prove that you have a business (business licence, etc.).  So I'm afraid we're back to where we started, online address registration and reporting is not currently supported except for businesses.  Maybe that will change in the future, but for now it looks like submitting the TM-30 directly to immigration is the only way for non-businesses to report foreigners who stay at their address.  This would, of course, also be the case for self-reporting (the foreign owner of a condo unit, for example, reporting that they are staying at that address).  It seemed too good to be true that we would be allowed to report our addresses online ;-)

I guess I could try to get my condo management to apply for an address registration account and then they could allow the owners of the condo units to use it to report themselves and any other foreigners staying in the unit they own.  I think that would be a challenge (a quest worthy of Don Quixote!)  and I may take it up when I get back from a trip I am planning to take outside of Thailand.  When I get back from that trip I plan to visit immigration on the way home from the airport and file an updated TM-30 to notify I'm back in my usual residence.  Well, it's not the end of the world, but it sure would have been nice to be able to do that from home.  Immigration would in either case be getting exactly the same information, but it would have been much more convenient for the foreigner complying with this regulation.

1 hour ago, Jimi007 said:

It says the system is down currently when I just tried it. Actually it says the system works, but it does look like they changed something. I can't find my registration now.

Well, I think what happened is that we used a system that was being trialled/tested and now that the trial/test is over, they are refering people back to the "real" address registration system which requires you to register with the immigration office and supply evidence of your business (business license, etc.).  So, we are back in the same situation we were in before this trial/test system appeared. 

Unfortunate, but such is life. Maybe they will at some point actually implement a system or change the exisiting one such that it will be available to all people (regardless of their status of having a business or not) but that doesn't seem to be the case now.  I guess the fact that they bothered to conduct the trial/test at all is a good sign.  Let's hope so, but for right now I feel like Charlie Brown when he's sure that Lucy will really hold the football for him to kick this time, despite a long history of that not happening ;-)

This online registration is available nation wide but it is intended for businesses (hotels etc)

The landlord has to setup a account (can be done online) first after which they report the guests online.

With the application the landlord has to supply their company and/or house papers and id card.

Private house owners can do this also as long they setup a account with immigration.

If the renter has the account number and password from the landlord then there is nothing stopping him to register his address himself.

The online registration cannot be used without a account or for individuals registering their own address.

Al tough it was maybe open for a while without a account (which i don't believe it was) this was not intended to be used without a account.

The link is changed and the reporting can be done (with account) at

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

11 hours ago, merijn said:

This online registration is available nation wide but it is intended for businesses (hotels etc)

The landlord has to setup a account (can be done online) first after which they report the guests online.

With the application the landlord has to supply their company and/or house papers and id card.

Private house owners can do this also as long they setup a account with immigration.

If the renter has the account number and password from the landlord then there is nothing stopping him to register his address himself.

The online registration cannot be used without a account or for individuals registering their own address.

Al tough it was maybe open for a while without a account (which i don't believe it was) this was not intended to be used without a account.

One step forward- two steps back!

Actually, it was a slightly different looking system but for the same purpose.  And it wasn't used without an account, it was used with an account that I was able to set up online as the owner without offering any evidence of my having a business.

Can you direct me to which room at Phuket Immigration I might be able to apply for an account to be able to use this registration system?  I do not have a business but I am the owner of my condo and possess the blue and yellow tabian bahns demonstrating that.  Is there anything else you think I might need in order to get the account from immigration?

I would be using it to register foreign friends who might be staying with me in my condo from time to time.  However, I do not, nor do I intend to, ever rent out my condo.

I would also like to use it to report myself staying at this address when I return to Thailand from a trip outside the country.  You've mentioned it is not intended to be used for this purpose, but as I would be the owner, house-master, and person staying there, it seems like I should be able to report that I'm still staying there after I return from outside the country.  After all, who knows better where I am staying than my residence owner (me), my house-master (also me), and me (the person staying at that address)? ;-)

Well, at least I have an account now, and I can login, but it doesn't show my past checkin. I can checkin again though.

3 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

Well, at least I have an account now, and I can login, but it doesn't show my past checkin. I can checkin again though.

Cool.  Were you able to get your account online or did you have to go to Phuket Immigration and establish your account there?  What sort of documentation did they need to see:  Blue or Yellow Tabian Bahn, Chanote?

They may have reset the registration system, wiping out the previous reports.  But it probably won't have any impact, if you are able to report yourself again.  That, and the current address registration receipt (TM-30) you have in your passport should be enough, one would think.

54 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

You have to go to the past check-in option. Tricky if not read Thai. The option down from the check-in function. Then you have to place a week window round your past check-in date. In the past I have had to search week blocks through a few months as I forgot the guest check-in date, Now I keep a screen shot of the actual log-in details. 

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

Cool.  Were you able to get your account online or did you have to go to Phuket Immigration and establish your account there?  What sort of documentation did they need to see:  Blue or Yellow Tabian Bahn, Chanote?

They may have reset the registration system, wiping out the previous reports.  But it probably won't have any impact, if you are able to report yourself again.  That, and the current address registration receipt (TM-30) you have in your passport should be enough, one would think.

I created my account after I met with Roz at the US Consulate meeting. I thought I might as well try it and it did work, so I can now log in still. The left button on the page, when I click it says invalid user name or password. But the right button to make a new checkin works. Weird! It seems pretty messed up at this point! And if they think we are going to drive to their office within 24 hours of arrival, good luck with that! I guess I'll just go do my one year extension at the end of the month and see what happens...

2 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

I created my account after I met with Roz at the US Consulate meeting. I thought I might as well try it and it did work, so I can now log in still. The left button on the page, when I click it says invalid user name or password. But the right button to make a new checkin works. Weird! It seems pretty messed up at this point! And if they think we are going to drive to their office within 24 hours of arrival, good luck with that! I guess I'll just go do my one year extension at the end of the month and see what happens...

Can I as a private person renting an Apartment really use this or only for the apartment owner?

Thanks

Felt

This is my third thank you.

It is now confirmed that old Phuket site is closed.
And Bangkok HQ site may be used. I checked create new ID page. “Reference data (files no more than 1Mb).” seems to be required. Could someone please tell me what should I who live in a private house upload.

ID card of Thai house owner ?
Cover page of house blue book ?
Thai house owner page in house blue book ?

8 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

Only check-ins for the last 7 days will be shown so far i know.

8 hours ago, skatewash said:

Actually, it was a slightly different looking system but for the same purpose.  And it wasn't used without an account, it was used with an account that I was able to set up online as the owner without offering any evidence of my having a business.

Can you direct me to which room at Phuket Immigration I might be able to apply for an account to be able to use this registration system?  I do not have a business but I am the owner of my condo and possess the blue and yellow tabian bahns demonstrating that.  Is there anything else you think I might need in order to get the account from immigration?

I would be using it to register foreign friends who might be staying with me in my condo from time to time.  However, I do not, nor do I intend to, ever rent out my condo.

I would also like to use it to report myself staying at this address when I return to Thailand from a trip outside the country.  You've mentioned it is not intended to be used for this purpose, but as I would be the owner, house-master, and person staying there, it seems like I should be able to report that I'm still staying there after I return from outside the country.  After all, who knows better where I am staying than my residence owner (me), my house-master (also me), and me (the person staying at that address)? ;-)

You can apply online and no trip to the immigration should be required.

The owner of the company or land (as mentioned in the blue book) can do the registration.

You can try to setup the account with supplying the Blue and Yellow book but i don't know if they accept that.

8 hours ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

This is my third thank you.

It is now confirmed that old Phuket site is closed.
And Bangkok HQ site may be used. I checked create new ID page. “Reference data (files no more than 1Mb).” seems to be required. Could someone please tell me what should I who live in a private house upload.

ID card of Thai house owner ?
Cover page of house blue book ?
Thai house owner page in house blue book ?

When I last had to do a TM 30 at the Phuket immigration office I need a copy of my landlords Thai ID card and the blue book to the house I rent from him. Also for him to fill out and sign the form. Of course I ended up having to fill it out as he didn't understand it. That was in December 2015 and so far I never have had to make a new one.

2 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

When I last had to do a TM 30 at the Phuket immigration office I need a copy of my landlords Thai ID card and the blue book to the house I rent from him. Also for him to fill out and sign the form. Of course I ended up having to fill it out as he didn't understand it. That was in December 2015 and so far I never have had to make a new one.

I allow me to ask if you since 2015 and in the meantime and similar to myself have been a trip or two abroad and/or also have stayed in a hotel a night or two in another province than Phuket in that period and have had no problems when doing 90 day reports and annual retirement extensions?

Thanks

Felt

1 minute ago, Felt 35 said:

I allow me to ask if you since 2015 and in the meantime and similar to myself have been a trip or two abroad and/or also have stayed in a hotel a night or two in another province than Phuket in that period and have had no problems when doing 90 day reports and annual retirement extensions?

Thanks

Felt

Phuket started ( from a few weeks ago ) to check the address registration for correctness when you are doing for example an extension, Re-Entry permit etc.

90 Day Reporting should not be a problem so far i know.

Archived