ONLINE Reporting of Address Now Possible in Phuket

skatewash

25 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Not correct.  Check-ins for any  7 day block only period can be shown. I explained how to do this in a previous post.

Thanks for the correction.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, merijn said:

Phuket started ( from a few weeks ago ) to check the address registration for correctness when you are doing for example an extension, Re-Entry permit etc.

90 Day Reporting should not be a problem so far i know.

Very logical :ermm: 90 day report is okay but who do 90 day report in Phuket if living in Chiang Mai especially when the last address registration slip with your address in Phuket is stapled into passport together with the last 90 day report:closedeyes:

Anyway thanks for replying.

5 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

I allow me to ask if you since 2015 and in the meantime and similar to myself have been a trip or two abroad and/or also have stayed in a hotel a night or two in another province than Phuket in that period and have had no problems when doing 90 day reports and annual retirement extensions?

Thanks

Felt

Yes, I have been to the USA two or three times. I even got a new visa there last year and they extended it at the Phuket Office last year, for a year, no questions or new TM 30. I haven't stayed at any hotels though. I put my house address here on my arrival cards as to where I am staying in Thailand.

2 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

Yes, I have been to the USA two or three times. I even got a new visa there last year and they extended it at the Phuket Office last year, for a year, no questions or new TM 30. I haven't stayed at any hotels though. I put my house address here on my arrival cards as to where I am staying in Thailand.

Well I was there today and when it went quick even if a lot of people there (IMO, it should do) However the answers on my questions there about this reregistration of address make one think that this is a "one man`s show" which even the IO`s not take to seriously and I hadn't gone if I know the replies I got and anyway had a 90 day report coming up soon.

9 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Well I was there today and when it went quick even if a lot of people there (IMO, it should do) However the answers on my questions there about this reregistration of address make one think that this is a "one man`s show" which even the IO`s not take to seriously and I hadn't gone if I know the replies I got and anyway had a 90 day report coming up soon.

I've been at the same address here for 12 years. The skinny guy that no one seems to like in room 103 is my buddy after all these years. No I never gave him any tips. He asked plenty of times, but I just joke with him and he hasn't asked in many years now. Actually a nice guy, once you know him. I used to know a lot of the IO's there, not so many now... But I still haven't had any issues, other when they first made us do the TM 30, which for me was December 2015. And so far have not done anything but make a copy of the TM 30 receipt stapled into my passport. My current extension expires in early May, so I'll see what happens. I doubt there should be any issue.

6 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

I've been at the same address here for 12 years. The skinny guy that no one seems to like in room 103 is my buddy after all these years. No I never gave him any tips. He asked plenty of times, but I just joke with him and he hasn't asked in many years now. Actually a nice guy, once you know him. I used to know a lot of the IO's there, not so many now... But I still haven't had any issues, other when they first made us do the TM 30, which for me was December 2015. And so far have not done anything but make a copy of the TM 30 receipt stapled into my passport. My current extension expires in early May, so I'll see what happens. I doubt there should be any issue.

He is indeed a ok guy without much problems.

But it all depends how you approach him and how his mood is.

For the address registration it depends indeed a lot of the IO of the day or which one you get.

Some are strict about it and others don't care.

Unfortunately this is something which can cause a lot of problems or can it can help people in some cases.

I suppose TIT.

18 hours ago, merijn said:

He is indeed a ok guy without much problems.

But it all depends how you approach him and how his mood is.

For the address registration it depends indeed a lot of the IO of the day or which one you get.

Some are strict about it and others don't care.

Unfortunately this is something which can cause a lot of problems or can it can help people in some cases.

I suppose TIT.

This is the root of the issue- a lack of consistency, leading to frustration (on both sides). 

A couple of us were discussing how luddite the Immigration system is compared the the PLTO. One can get a tax disc and even a driving licence relatively painlessly. Computerising more would improve things but I realise they like to be labour intensive as it provides jobs.

In a perfect world  (before people start tearing this to pieces) would it not be nice to pay for a licence type swipe card on applying for work permit, resident permit, etc. 90 day- come in and swipe, address confirmation- come in and swipe, anything else-come in and swipe (although some would still beatch about having to come in and physically swipe the card- they are quite welcome to do battle with the online 'system').  Card and passport for confirmation to prevent false reporting should be enough of a check.

Even if an IO did the swiping and confirmation it would take seconds to complete the process.

Personal details on the chip in the card after application- show the cash for a retirement renewal and again done in minutes. No need for huge stacks of paperwork all the time-it could also cut down on the corrupt practices some seem not to take issue with.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

We, I and Thai house owner, applied ID via internet without visiting immigration office and it is approved. I hope this should mean we did nothing wrong. And then, I inputted my data to register I live here.

But I still have concern.

About online 90 days notification, it is officially announced that foreign individual can use the site. However this site is intended for hotel.

About online 90 days notification, I can have receipt of notification on PDF format. However I can not have receipt from this site. Of course I can see list up of past input data and can print it. But I am not sure immigration officer will accept this print out as a proof of registration at next extension.

In anyway, I think this is one step forward.

3 minutes ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

We, I and Thai house owner, applied ID via internet without visiting immigration office and it is approved. I hope this should mean we did nothing wrong. And then, I inputted my data to register I live here.

About online 90 days notification, it is officially announced that foreign individual can use the site. However this site is intended for hotel.

About online 90 days notification, I can have receipt of notification on PDF format. However I can not have receipt from this site. Of course I can see list up of past input data and can print it. But I am not sure immigration officer will accept this print out as a proof of registration at next extension.

I assume your Thai house owner had already registered for FN24 . You must have entered a user name and password.  Yes, no receipt is available. I take a screen shot just to prove the registration was made. No idea is accepted by Immigration as registration usual found in officer in the data base.  

28 minutes ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

Yes the screen print of the address registration is accepted by immigration, but they will confirm the address with their computer.

The address registration is original intended for business use (hotels etc) but if you have the account information you can perform the address registration yourself.

But you talk about the address registration and the 90 day reporting which are 2 different things.

The 90 day online reporting can be done by everybody and when it is processed you can print out it as proof.

56 minutes ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

Yes, I think a good step forward.  I've also received a User ID and Password from immigration after applying online for an account.  So, It won't come as a surprise that I don't think you did anything wrong. ;-)  To the contrary, you are following the law better than someone who does not bother to notify immigration of their stay.

As others have pointed out above the address registration (notification of foreigner staying at an address) is different from the 90-Day Report (for staying in the kingdom for 90 or more days).  But I take your point that the 90-Day Report online facility received more publicity than the address registration online facility (at least so far).  That doesn't cause me any concern.  Immigration would not have approved your address registration online account (or mine) if we weren't allowed to have one.  I think we should all be cheered that immigration is making it easier for us to comply with the regulations.

Thank you for so many good responses.

I understand that 90 days notification (TM-47) and this address registration (TM-30) are different things and we have to do both separately.

I live in Thai with one year extension of retirement and will prepare print out on next time.

12 hours ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

Do you know which information did your Thai owner put on the last line of  the FNHOTELREG form, where it is required "Register at"  ?

> "Register at"

I inputted my Phuket address in Thai language (please do not use English) and postal code in Roman numerals (0, 1, 2, 3,,,,,,) first. And then I clicked red marked icon. After that a certain Thai word that means “Immigration Phuket” was automatically filled in that place.

Untitled.jpg

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Valentine said:

Apparently only available to hotels now.

Not sure that's true. Anyone can apply for a user name and password for online reporting. I could not find a way to apply for the FD program for another one of our properties, so I sent my wife down to Phuket Immigration to apply. Lady there told he she could do it online (maybe as it's all in Thai ?) but made the the application for her on the Immigration computer. Waved aside my wife's prepared ID and Tabian Baan. Just accepted her declared details i.e. house address and name.   

17 hours ago, Valentine said:

Apparently only available to hotels now.

No In principle everybody can apply for a online account.

It is originally setup for hotels etc but there is no restriction.

The application can be done online and you (after accepting) will receive the login name and password in about 4 days.

6 hours ago, merijn said:

No In principle everybody can apply for a online account.

It is originally setup for hotels etc but there is no restriction.

The application can be done online and you (after accepting) will receive the login name and password in about 4 days.

Just passing on what was said by volunteer.

• 1 month later...

Just as a matter of interest does anyone know what documentation they want in these boxes below the immigration office one? I take it a form of id and house ownership details are the files they want? I know the first box is Document name- ie is it passport details or ID card or yellow book, etc and the second one is Document file- which obviously would be the document itself.

ข้อมูลเอกสารอ้างอิง(ไฟล์ละไม่เกิน 1Mb)
Reference data (files no more than 1Mb). 

ชื่อเอกสาร : Document name   ไฟล์เอกสาร :   choose file    เพิ่มเอกสาร

=  upload

Once this is done I take it putting the random numbers below in the box will generate the submission of the form and one waits for a username and password from Hkt Immigration?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, DanBlack said:

What's happens if you don't check in, then go for your 90 day reporting

Could be nothing if they don't notice or don't care.  Could be a fine.  The fine could be anything from 0 to 2,000 baht, but 1,600 seems to be popular.  I think there's a provision of up to 5,000 baht if it's thought to be intentional or flagrant, but I sort of think you really need to work hard to get to this level.  You will be required to do one if you haven't and are caught.  I think there is some sort of daily fine (200-300 baht) which may be imposed from when you are caught to when you submit the address report, but can be easily avoided by just filing the report when you are caught.

Short answer: depends ;-)

29 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Could be nothing if they don't notice or don't care.  Could be a fine.  The fine could be anything from 0 to 2,000 baht, but 1,600 seems to be popular.  I think there's a provision of up to 5,000 baht if it's thought to be intentional or flagrant, but I sort of think you really need to work hard to get to this level.  You will be required to do one if you haven't and are caught.  I think there is some sort of daily fine (200-300 baht) which may be imposed from when you are caught to when you submit the address report, but can be easily avoided by just filing the report when you are caught.

Short answer: depends ?

Mostly agree with that. I believe it's 2,000 baht if tenant/guest reports no registration and 6,000 baht is landlord reports it.  Never heard of a daily fine.

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Mostly agree with that. I believe it's 2,000 baht if tenant/guest reports no registration and 6,000 baht is landlord reports it.  Never heard of a daily fine.

The law clearly states it is up to the landlord to report, not the tenant. I don't get why we tenants are in anyway at fault. Ah, Thai logic? 

I submitted the online registration for the landlord a week ago-he still has had nothing back from them (all the right bits done in Thai and the right immigration office came up when clicked on).

There doesn't seem to be a submit button once you put the security number in at the bottom of the online form. Hitting the 'save' button shows a whirring 'working' icon which I thought was submitting it but that may not be right.

Ahh the vagaries of dealing with immigration- try to do the right thing and it's still wrong!

2 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

I submitted the online registration for the landlord a week ago-he still has had nothing back from them (all the right bits done in Thai and the right immigration office came up when clicked on).

There doesn't seem to be a submit button once you put the security number in at the bottom of the online form. Hitting the 'save' button shows a whirring 'working' icon which I thought was submitting it but that may not be right.

Ahh the vagaries of dealing with immigration- try to do the right thing and it's still wrong!

I set up an account for my now and then deceased landlord and I think I submitted my arrival, but never got any confirmation. I went to do my one year extension and 90 day and they checked their computer and said I was okay. You just never know. I brought with me a new TM 30 with his son's Thai power of attorney and copy of the Blue Book, never was asked for it. Now the land is in another son's name, but no change to the old man's house book. It could get interesting! I think I'll try doing my 90 reports online!

18 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

The law clearly states it is up to the landlord to report, not the tenant. I don't get why we tenants are in anyway at fault. Ah, Thai logic? 

Quite correct. Can't fathom this logic. I suspect be cause the point of contact (the tenant) is 'volunteering' to tell Immigration then the lower level is fined. Whereas if Immigration 'catch; the landlord then the higher rate is applied.  Well .... that's my logic

9 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

I set up an account for my now and then deceased landlord and I think I submitted my arrival, but never got any confirmation. I went to do my one year extension and 90 day and they checked their computer and said I was okay. You just never know. I brought with me a new TM 30 with his son's Thai power of attorney and copy of the Blue Book, never was asked for it. Now the land is in another son's name, but no change to the old man's house book. It could get interesting! I think I'll try doing my 90 reports online!

There is no confirmation when make house registration online. Posted this long time ago here. I make sure what I just input is really recorded by exiting the registration menu and entering the check menu (not easy as everything in Thai) . Only allows a narrow 7 day search. Bring the details up and print screen. Email this file to my tenant for his/her records. 

Just now, LivinginKata said:

There is no confirmation when make house registration online. Posted this long time ago here. I make sure what I just input is really recorded by exiting the registration menu and entering the check menu (not easy as everything in Thai) . Only allows a narrow 7 day search. Bring the details up and print screen. Email this file to my tenant for his/her records. 

It's the acknowledgement and issue of password and username I'm after personally for the landlord (well me) to use. One would have thought if they didn't like the info they would contact the landlord but nothing so far.

I know the bit you have mentioned above is fairly straight forward and a screenshot will suffice for tenants- juts irritates me when I try to do the right thing and we get no response.

Archived