More Wi-Fi hotspots for Phuket as plan to tag tourists mulled

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should also ear-chip all those rabies infected soidogs so they can see which dog bit a tourist and the ambulance can be called automatically.

Don't think i 'll wear a wristband like a criminal on probabtion...my answer will be, byebye phuket, hello Singapore/Bali/Vietnam/Australia/Tokyo.

1 hour ago, Thian said:

They should also ear-chip all those rabies infected soidogs so they can see which dog bit a tourist and the ambulance can be called automatically.

Don't think i 'll wear a wristband like a criminal on probabtion...my answer will be, byebye phuket, hello Singapore/Bali/Vietnam/Australia/Tokyo.

I can see the day when its worldwide and probably not too far off "terrorism"  yeah thatll be it, same old  lame old etc

Now I'm waiting for a name change to "AGA" for their planned high security prison:  

(Andaman Gulag Archipelago). 

The idea is not all bad, if they add electric fences, and watchtowers to only keep all inactive corrupt officials on the island.

Manufacture them in the style of expensive watches, and make government officials wear them for a while to test.

Seriously you wonder whose idea this was. Not thought through.

An easy way to discourage tourists from coming here.

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

Sounds like a boondoggle for someone's cousin in the hot spot and wrist band business.  It would be just like those overpriced cctv's and bomb detectors at airports, spend a bunch of money on things that don't work.

Not forgetting 13 mil for new paid lifeguards replacing the free volunteer lifeguards which were removed by soldiers....

18 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

And let's track Thais in our home country's and see how they feel.

Very good idea indeed!

And when that's done, no more land, register any move, 90 days reports, etc..

The wristbands will be disguised as luxury watches. The Deputy PM has been testing them for the past couple of years but as they are "top secret" he hasn't been able to reveal the information - hence the constant delays. 

I think he is due to make an announcement on 1 April.

I think the Thai government needs to understand big data before they think about moving on to Smart Cities. It will be fine building an IOT network with AI at its edge but where will all of that data be stored and how will it be processed / visualised ? The idea of having people wear bracelets seems totally misguided when other cities implementing this type of strategy didnt need to take this route. Seems like the people involved at a high level need to carry out some research. Possible talk to international groups already involved in this area.

And this wristband is supposed to be interpreted as the country caring for the well being of the tourist, and his or her safety? More like a dumb scheme by a junta boss. 

There are a hundred ways you could demonstrate to us, that you care about our safety. And you have not demonstrated a single one of them, for all of these years. Now that you have tar on your face, due to being the world's capital for traffic fatalities, you are speaking out about tourist safety. Mere hyperbole, with nothing behind it. Pure nonsense. You have never cared one iota. Not a single one of you. Ever. Especially the leadership. Your indifference is a staggering thing to witness. 

Archived