Phuket Governor steps in to fix black wastewater flowing into Chalong Bay

rooster59

Phuket Governor steps in to fix black wastewater flowing into Chalong Bay 

1521280605_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong has ordered officials to step up their action in cleaning up the putrid canal in Rawai that is emptying black, polluted water into Chalong Bay.

Gov Norraphat specifically ordered for officials to update him on the woeful canal early Monday morning (Mar 19), said a report by the Phuket Provincial office of the Public Relations Department issued this afternoon (Mar 17).

However, although officials have carried out several inspections of the area over the past two weeks, even as recently as Thursday (Mar 15), they say they are still none the wiser as to who is actually responsible for releasing the wastewater into the canal. (See story here.)

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-governor-steps-in-to-fix-black-wastewater-flowing-into-chalong-bay-66389.php#qJ5KHphoZ5PL8ymy.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-03-17

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

However, although officials have carried out several inspections of the area over the past two weeks, even as recently as Thursday (Mar 15), they say they are still none the wiser as to who is actually responsible for releasing the wastewater into the canal. (See story here.)

Too busy taking selfies if the picture is anything to go by

The real reason behind anything being done at all.

>>>“Officials must come to update and explain to me on Monday morning what they are doing. I have received complaints from people about the black water being released into a public water source that empties into the tourism attraction of Chalong Bay.,” he added

9 hours ago, steelepulse said:

The real reason behind anything being done at all.

>>>“Officials must come to update and explain to me on Monday morning what they are doing. I have received complaints from people about the black water being released into a public water source that empties into the tourism attraction of Chalong Bay.,” he added

"The real reason behind anything being done at all." - is, he /they, simply, DON'T CARE.

The envelopes have been coming, as they have for decades, HOWEVER, I predict, with the change of tourist demographic, those envelopes will be slimmer than in the past, and it is all due to their inaction on the main issues that have effected Phuket for years. 

One day, in the future, this current generation of Thai's will have to explain to the next generation how they f*cked it all up. 

If you don't believe me, think about the Nokia phone company.

How do you go from having a huge portion of the western tourist market, to a rapidly shrinking one????

You can only blame currency, world economy etc etc before you have to look at your own product.

Archived