Beaches Around Around Nakhon Sri Thammarat

kittyinbangkok

Hi!!! :D

I planed to stay a few days in nakhon sri thammarat at sichon or khanom to be more precise. I wondered how the beaches looked like (white sandy beach?) and if the water was clear enough for snorkeling. As we are looking for a quiet place to stay I would like to know if this area is very busy during this period. Sorry for my english!!!!! hope you understood what i mean.... :o

Thank you for your replies!!!!

:D

Khanom is very quiet and beautiful mountains but the beach is polluted and dirty water.

Hi!!! :D

I planed to stay a few days in nakhon sri thammarat at sichon or khanom to be more precise. I wondered how the beaches looked like (white sandy beach?) and if the water was clear enough for snorkeling. As we are looking for a quiet place to stay I would like to know if this area is very busy during this period. Sorry for my english!!!!! hope you understood what i mean.... :o

Thank you for your replies!!!!

:D

In fact I was just thinking of staying at the piti beach (is this one good for snorkeling?) and visiting the area by car...I also thought about this place because it appears to be more quiet ...I hesitate between going there or krabi ( too busy during this period! but nice water!)

Here's a photo of Khanom beach taken Feb 2006. Although it is certainly not Thailands best beach it is still pretty good.When we were there we found the water to be pretty clean. if you are after somewhere that is virtually falang free either Khanom or Sichon will be the place for you. Khanom has a couple of multi story hotels so does attract some falangs but Sichon only has bungalows and seems to mainly attract Thai visitors especially on weekends, where the restaurants on the beach will be full with people eating and drinking with kids swimming.Supar Royal Beach Resort in Khanom has some nice looking bungalows right on the beach ( we didn't see inside them but from the outside they looked good ) and they also have a nice restaurant overlooking the water.

I'm not sure about the quality of snorkelling but I do know that both Sichon and Khanom beaches both have sections with some rocks that may provide something decent. Over all it's a nice scenic area and you should have fun.

post-35315-1169702971_thumb.jpg